Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-05-2020, 22:13   #46
Capt'n Midnight
00:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Dan View Post
How do you know aliens are non violent assuming they exist?
They haven't nudged an asteroid towards us.

Make no mistake any civilisation capable of interstellar travel could wipe us out with far less energy than it would take to return home.

Also ET can access more resources in the asteroids than in all the mines at the bottom of the gravity well we live in.
Advertisement
26-05-2020, 22:21   #47
Hamsterchops

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillySV View Post
There is a lot that believe they never did ... they believe the US wanted to outdo the Russians and it was all filmed on earth ....
And the story goes that it inspired the magnificent 1978 film Capricorn One which depicts a hoax trip to Mars. Problem for the crew is that they can't be allowed to live in case they spill the beans, so ......
Great thriller if you haven't already seen it.
26-05-2020, 22:44   #48
LillySV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsterchops View Post
And the story goes that it inspired the magnificent 1978 film Capricorn One which depicts a hoax trip to Mars. Problem for the crew is that they can't be allowed to live in case they spill the beans, so ......
Great thriller if you haven't already seen it.
Haha, may watch that
26-05-2020, 22:52   #49
saabsaab

I was told this by a man I know well and he didn't say that much usually. That one night a glowing silvery round object landed in the paddock near his house he could see it from his upstairs window. Not that large 15 to 20 ft across. I asked if he got his shotgun and went out to look at it and he said he was too frightened and didn't tell his wife but locked up and went to bed. A while later he got up to check if it was still there but it had gone.
(3) thanks from:
26-05-2020, 23:07   #50
Dr. Bre

Maybe aliens planted covid 19 here
Advertisement
27-05-2020, 00:17   #51
ILoveYourVibes

UFOs are just unidentified flying objects. So yes there are flying objects we can't identify. ....they could be birds ...dunno.

Aliens ..i suppose yes there is life on other planets by law of averages so they say.

Aliens among us? I don't know ..maybe. I've never seen one.
Thanks from:
27-05-2020, 00:18   #52
ILoveYourVibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bre View Post
Maybe aliens planted covid 19 here
Nah I think they are nice.

Besides why risk it? It could be something that evolved into something that could hurt them.
27-05-2020, 00:57   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flickerfusion View Post
The majority of them in the US seem to take place in places like Nevada and so on near areas where the US military and defence companies would be conducting tests of new aircraft, drones and missiles.

It’s very likely many of those sittings you hear about were just prototype aircraft.

It’s very probable that drones and so on have been in development since at least the 1950s. The technology has just become more mainstream and affordable which has brought them into consumer markets in more recent years.

Also if you were an advanced alien race, why would you spend so much time abducting and probing rural Americans? They’re not that interesting!!
It's by far the most likely explanation.
Add in deliberate disinformation as a cover for experimental aircraft, optical illusions, hypoxia, unusual sensor returns caused by any number of phenomena, hallucination, mental instability, drugs, alcohol and you've got "UFOs".
(2) thanks from:
27-05-2020, 08:52   #54
Hamsterchops

Pentagon finally releases footage of UFO encounters which had previously been leaked 2007 and 2017. The videos show unidentified aerial objects performing impossible manouvers at impossible speeds! Impossible to be manned by humans, as the G-forces would turn the human body to pulp.

See video here ..
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52457805
Advertisement
27-05-2020, 15:14   #55
KKV

Send a message via MSN to KKV
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeYouth View Post
I wonder do they have recessions on alien planets. I wonder are they giving out about dole payments there....and travellers. Do you think there's an alien Dublin out there? Oh god.

*Collapses.

That's true, you know. If there are Aliens, I doubt they're like we portray them - constantly working on probes and fixing space ships. I'd say it's a lot like earth. Loads of houses. Alien Nurses looking for more money. Alien doleheads sitting in their front gardens with their swimming pool tied down so it doesn't float away with a few cans.

Motor Factors queue out the door, everyone looking for Flux Capacitors as the minority aliens keep stealing them off their spaceships.
(2) thanks from:
27-05-2020, 16:01   #56

There could also be a huge scale difference.

Maybe you could have advanced civilisations the size of ants or even microbes. Who says biology has to be this big?

Sure they could have been buzzing around for millennia and we didn't even notice.

Or, they could be absolutely huge and we are like ants to them.

It'd be rather boring though if the only life in the universe other than us was moss lol

Last edited by Flickerfusion; 27-05-2020 at 16:06.
27-05-2020, 16:17   #57
TomSweeney

I usually wouldn't but I just can't explain this and wonder wtf it is ...

(3) thanks from:
27-05-2020, 16:51   #58
Thargor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSweeney View Post
I usually wouldn't but I just can't explain this and wonder wtf it is ...

2 bored airmen trying to lock on to a bird:

27-05-2020, 17:04   #59
TomSweeney

A bird that can fly that fast ... and turn at 90 degrees without slowing down ...
Thanks from:
27-05-2020, 17:11   #60
buried

This is very interesting audio from about a year ago where multiple commercial aircraft pilots reported an object/multiple objects over Irish airspace travelling at speeds of up to twice the speed of sound and they reported it to Irish ATC

(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion