21-04-2021, 06:59   #31
Pawwed Rig
Category Moderator

That the ignore feature doesn't work on the touch site. I have only 1 person on the site on ignore and had the misfortune to have him posting in a thread that I am currently interested in.
The reasons why I have him on ignore are still fairly clear 5 years on
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-04-2021, 08:54   #32
Gamer Bhoy 89

Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer Bhoy 89
At the moment I am a part time cleaner for two primary schools. I cycle 20 mins to one, work there for 2 hours, then cycle 15 mins to the next one, work there for 3 hours, then cycle 5 mins home.

Yesterday my boss gave me a new schedule, to do the latter school for the full 5 hours as the coworker I worked with in there was being relocated, leaving the extra two hours open, and it would be handy for me as it's only a 5 minute cycle to and from.

I was delighted, knowing I wouldn't be half dead by the time I arrived and could actually pick up more pace much quicker (I'm not very fit), I had an extra 20 minutes of free time before I'd leave, and I could start doing the new times that same day.

Wellll sh*t. TA incoming. No more than an hour into my new shift, my boss dropped by to tell me the plan has been cancelled and I'm back on the two schools. She was very apologetic so I can't fault her as it was out of her control, but man, I got a taste of it last night and I loved it. I hope it gets sorted out sooner than later.

TA that I had a better work schedule for one day before getting switched back to my original schedule.
21-04-2021, 09:32   #33
There is a light

Sinusitis. It's such a pain in the nostrich. Ugh
(3) thanks from:
21-04-2021, 11:00   #34
castletownman

Celebs on social media junping aboard the George Floyd bandwagon again after the guilty verdict last night.

Oh please. Most of them couldn't care less, and if they were there at the scene on the day in question (they wouldn't have because it was in a predominatedly black neighbourhood), they wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

Although I think Irish people celebrating the verdict may actually be worse.
21-04-2021, 11:13   #35
ohnonotgmail

People who don't see the issue with a police officer kneeling on the neck of a man already restrained are part of the problem.
Advertisement
21-04-2021, 11:17   #36
Potential-Monke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnonotgmail View Post
People who don't see the issue with a police officer kneeling on the neck of a man already restrained are part of the problem.
I'd prefer ignorance over jumping on a bandwagon and showing faux empathy.
21-04-2021, 11:29   #37
Antares35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential-Monke View Post
Why is the empathy fake?
(3) thanks from:
21-04-2021, 11:38   #38
ohnonotgmail

Quote:
maybe some of us are capable of actual empathy?
(2) thanks from:
21-04-2021, 11:38   #39
cj maxx

Trying to connect a mouse over Bluetooth. Its not going too well
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-04-2021, 11:39   #40
Purple Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj maxx View Post
Trying to connect a mouse over Bluetooth. Its not going too well
Don't forget, the poor mouse has feelings.
(4) thanks from:
21-04-2021, 11:40   #41
Bredabe

In an effort to see if the suicide awareness training we all did had stuck, we all got a communication from a challenged colleague who used the phrases which we were told to look out for in communications with at-risk or stressed clients.

Not a single response to the messages.

So much for help is out there and just talk to someone!
(2) thanks from:
21-04-2021, 13:00   #42
MuffinTop86

People who ring into radio stations raging over something. What do they expect to achieve only high blood pressure?
21-04-2021, 13:12   #43
Potential-Monke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares35 View Post
Why is the empathy fake?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnonotgmail View Post
maybe some of us are capable of actual empathy?
I don't believe people when they say they have empathy for someone who they don't know, usually in a different country, and have nothing to do with them. Sympathy, yeah, I can see how people would have that, but empathy is thrown around willy nilly these days and not a hope everyone who says it can genuinely feel empathy for people they don't know.

"The ability to understand and share the feelings of others". I don't think anyone here has been held on the ground, arrested, with a cops knee on their neck for 9 minutes, so I find it hard to believe people can really understand and share that feeling.

It's another thing that TA's me, people believing they feel empathy when it's in fact sympathy and they completely forget about it as soon as they scroll past the article or find something better to be doing. Just an opinion!
Thanks from:
21-04-2021, 13:20   #44
Pawwed Rig
Category Moderator

Quote:
I don't believe people when they say they have empathy for someone who they don't know, usually in a different country, and have nothing to do with them. Sympathy, yeah, I can see how people would have that, but empathy is thrown around willy nilly these days and not a hope everyone who says it can genuinely feel empathy for people they don't know.
Of course you can feel empathy for someone you don't know. Why wouldn't you be able to??
(3) thanks from:
21-04-2021, 13:30   #45
Potential-Monke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawwed Rig View Post
Of course you can feel empathy for someone you don't know. Why wouldn't you be able to??
It's more the definition. I can't genuinely feel empathy for a lot of people because I can't understand how they feel due to not experiencing the same event. I could possibly feel empathy for people who say they suffer from anxiety (because I have anxiety myself), but I usually don't because I have a very low view of humanity in general and I don't expect anyone else to understand or care about my personal issues. And I've even less chance of feeling empathy if I don't know them, because I don't know them so how can I feel empathy for them?

Similarly, I feel very little to no empathy for anyone who is rich. They have the best opportunity to get genuine help for their problems, something a lot of us don't/can't afford.

Edited to add: I've no doubt people believe they feel empathy, but I don't believe it's genuine.

Last edited by Potential-Monke; 21-04-2021 at 13:34.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion