03-05-2021, 22:36   #301
PsychoPete

Having to go around closing all the windows the missus likes to leave open all day then complains about the house been cold
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
04-05-2021, 09:04   #302
sweetmaggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancapailldorcha View Post
Horrible weather but I do like a cozy night in with a film. I chose Red Heat. I get about 10 minutes in before trying the subtitles as Netflix doesn't have any for the Russian portions of the film. They appear if I enable the subtitles but now I'm constantly switching them on and off whereas if this were broadcast on telly, there'd only be subtitles for the Russian. Eurgh.
you mean like every night since March 2020 then ......TA

(had planned to meet someone yesterday. But what can you do in that weather? Coffee? all closed in my area by 5pm. Walk? impossible in yesterday's wind and rain ...........so another opportunity to boost my social life a dead end) Another "cosy night in with a film" it is........TA big time at this stage!

Last edited by sweetmaggie; 04-05-2021 at 09:07.
(2) thanks from:
04-05-2021, 10:07   #303
ancapailldorcha
Order! Order!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmaggie View Post
you mean like every night since March 2020 then ......TA

(had planned to meet someone yesterday. But what can you do in that weather? Coffee? all closed in my area by 5pm. Walk? impossible in yesterday's wind and rain ...........so another opportunity to boost my social life a dead end) Another "cosy night in with a film" it is........TA big time at this stage!
I'm really bad at actuallly picking films or shows to watch as there're too many. Another TA. The amount of times I've sat down at 9pm to choose something and only for the window to expire...
(3) thanks from:
04-05-2021, 10:25   #304
whisky_galore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunner dunner View Post
Calling spouses ‘hubby’ or ‘herself’, and worse still, calling kids ‘smallies’. The latter drives me up the wall
"Bae" has to be the worst expression.
04-05-2021, 10:27   #305
Mam of 4

The screw has fallen out of one side of the frame of my glasses, the bit that holds the lens in ...lovely..
Advertisement
04-05-2021, 11:08   #306
Pawwed Rig
Category Moderator

The smallies left my tent bag outside last night and no sign of it this morning as the wind will have blown it away. Herself blames me of course.
04-05-2021, 12:45   #307
blade1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mam of 4 View Post
The screw has fallen out of one side of the frame of my glasses, the bit that holds the lens in ...lovely..

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOW4Gkz
Thanks from:
04-05-2021, 13:23   #308
Dramatik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dial Hard View Post
Same. My dad literally cuts/chops EVERYTHING with the breadknife. One that genuinely came from my grandparents house and they're dead 20 years. It's a good thing he rarely cooks cause he'd be short several fingertips by now otherwise.
Ha ha we must have the same da, cause the one my da uses must be at the least 20 years old too
04-05-2021, 13:34   #309
Mollyb60

Made a lovely warm chicken wrap for lunch, went to wrap it and discovered the cheeky ****er had green mould on the underside of it. Had to scrape out all the filling onto crappy bread instead. It had all gone cold too by the time I actually could eat it.
Advertisement
04-05-2021, 13:56   #310
redoctober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares35 View Post
In regards to. When someone uses that in an email to me, I instantly lose all respect.
I've heard people use this for years thinking it makes them sound smarter: "irregardless" !!
04-05-2021, 14:35   #311
Antares35

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoctober View Post
I've heard people use this for years thinking it makes them sound smarter: "irregardless" !!
Perhaps you could be more PACIFIC. Please revert BACK when you can.

04-05-2021, 15:20   #312
freshpopcorn

Hearing about Maura Higgins love life and how she's after splitting from another one that was meant to be the ''Love of her 'life''.
Thanks from:
04-05-2021, 15:38   #313
Mollyb60

Working from home TA: Email from office "please call Mr Customer on xxxx."

When I call Mr Customer his query is absolutely nothing to do with me or my team at all. Switchboard just didn't both asking what he was actually calling about.
05-05-2021, 01:01   #314
Potential-Monke

I just copped that crisps I've been buying are over twice the price I thought they were, or they originally were. I'm talking about the amazing Lorenz Crunchips Paprika. In the UK, for a 140g bag it's £1.43 (€1.66), and over here the 150g bag of the same crisps is €3.99!!!

I'm actually a bit more than trivially annoyed, I can't see any justification for over double the price for an extra* 10g. So I've emailed them to ask why. I don't usually do that, but that's a crazy difference in price for basically the same product. These used to be sub €2 at one point. They're only €2 on partyonline.ie. Tesco, every little helps line their greedy paws!

*allegedly, there's so much air one would have to actually weigh them
(2) thanks from:
05-05-2021, 01:22   #315
New Home
Different VAT rates, perhaps? That would do it.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion