Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Negative vaping publicity

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,220 ✭✭✭corkie

TinCool wrote: »

Your first link is broken and your second link is just a republished post from the 22nd? Desperate times when spreading the same misinformation.
    Edit:- First link is this? Fine Gael Senator calls for ban on flavoured vapes

Poll: Should Ireland ban flavoured vapes?
    ^^^ At present the 'yes' is approx 260 in the lead. Doing the rounds on twitter all day.
    https://twitter.com/Alan_Beard1/status/1177941970372775936

Follow up to CDC post from yesterday!

[nytimes] Dank Vapes, TKO and Other THC Vaping Brands Are Linked to Illnesses, C.D.C. Says
    Health officials released the names of several products identified by patients who have been sickened in Illinois and Wisconsin.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2019/09/28/science/28-VAPING-CDC-PRINT/27VAPING-CDC-jumbo-v2.jpg

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

bladespin wrote: »
    Definitely a concerted media effort to vilify vaping at the moment, hatchet stories all round, just asking for some minister to step in and save the children now.

This manipulation would make you sicker than smoking ever could.

You mentioned it or predicted it?

twitter.com/MichealMartinTD/status/1182309959968710664

See 32min into this for Dail Speech.
    oireachtas(dot)heanet(dot)ie/hourly/dail/dail_20191009T080000.000002.mp4
    or full text here: - www(dot)oireachtas(dot)ie/en/debates/debate/dail/2019-10-09/15/

Also the CDC has posted/admitted on twitter that THC is to blame (BlackMarket)!?
    twitter.com/CDCgov/status/1182752873072992256

But website still misleading.

Vaping Illness Update: FDA Warns Public to Stop Using Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)-Containing Vaping Products and Any Vaping Products Obtained Off the Street
    FDA strengthens warning to public to stop using THC-containing vaping products and any vaping products obtained off the street.

See twitter #vapeireland

Sorry for editing out urls, without that cloudflare was blocking my post?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Finally!!?? U.S. CDC reports 'breakthrough' in vaping lung injury probe as cases top 2,000

"CHICAGO (Reuters) - Tests of lung samples taken from 29 patients with vaping-related lung injuries suggest all contained Vitamin E acetate, a discovery U.S. officials described as a “breakthrough” in the investigation of the nationwide outbreak that topped 2,000 cases this week. "

This thread is 2 months old, and the connection to 'Vitamin E acetate' has been obvious to most who can get 2 from 1 plus 1.

Also 'TheJournal' has been active again today.

'Bear it in mind': Harris was contacted about vaping by minister and FG colleague

See twitter thread for more on that.

Cross Thread Post!
    corkie wrote: »
    FYI: #GE2020VapeVote ~~ Parties influenced by Big Tobacco Sponsored AntiVaping Propaganda!

FF: - "Ban vaping and e-cigarette products for under 18’s and ban child focused flavours."
    Manifesto

Sinn Féin: - "Introducing legislation to regulate the sale of e-cigarettes"
    Manifesto

FG: - "We will also bring in a targeted taxation regime to specifically discourage ‘vaping’ and ecigarettes "
    Manifesto

Labour: - " will review the health and addiction problems associated with e-cigarettes and implement measures to discourage young people from taking up vaping."
    Manifesto

Green Party: - "Introducing comprehensive e-cigarette legislation covering advertising and flavouring."
    Manifesto

Above is all the information, I could find from published Manifestos!

PBP: - "hasn't an official position on vaping as yet ___. Ultimately we'll be guided by medical experts once conclusive studies are completed." Quote Bobby Murray Walsh PBP

Yes, I'm aware that there is more important issues at stake in this election. But while the politicians are listening to the people it is a good time to voice your opinion here. With Brexit we are losing a valuable lobbyist in EU TPD regulations.

Other issues in Health (Trolley-watch), Housing etc will take planning and weeks/months to resolve, you can have your voice heard on this now.

FYI:- For continued info on this issue check twitter tag #GE2020VapeVote

https://twitter.com/IrelandNna/status/1224276974530715648

https://twitter.com/DamianS1976/status/1224275260603760640

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Very worrying approach from the ICS - ignoring fact based studies that have been carried out...

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/news/vaping-news/2020-02-03_irish-cancer-society-lies.html?utm_source=nl&utm_medium=news&utm_campaign=nid-7481

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

My kids heard on the radio that vaping is just as bad as smoking and are crucifying me at the moment! Maybe it is time to think about giving up altogether. Vaping may not be as bad as smoking but nothing is surely best of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

optogirl wrote: »
    My kids heard on the radio that vaping is just as bad as smoking and are crucifying me at the moment! Maybe it is time to think about giving up altogether. Vaping may not be as bad as smoking but nothing is surely best of all.

Make a claim against ash for emotional distress, it'd be interesting to see how that would pan out, a real test.

optogirl wrote: »

I have a number of relatives who I believe would still be alive if vaping had been invented 30 years earlier.

I refuse to believe its as bad as smoking, having smoked for 5 years.

Got home last night, knackered, collapsed on the couch for the evening and did a lot of vaping. Back in the day I probably would have smoked half a box of smokes in the same time frame. This morning:

-Yucky phlegmy throat - nope
    -Cough - Nope
    -Pressure in my chest - nope.

Nearly missed my luas and had to run for it - was able to run without feeling close to a coronary.

I truly believe this anti-vaping agenda is irresponsible and ultimately could cost lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

I have a number of relatives who I believe would still be alive if vaping had been invented 30 years earlier.

I refuse to believe its as bad as smoking, having smoked for 5 years.

Got home last night, knackered, collapsed on the couch for the evening and did a lot of vaping. Back in the day I probably would have smoked half a box of smokes in the same time frame. This morning:

-Yucky phlegmy throat - nope
    -Cough - Nope
    -Pressure in my chest - nope.

Nearly missed my luas and had to run for it - was able to run without feeling close to a coronary.

I truly believe this anti-vaping agenda is irresponsible and ultimately could cost lives.

I agree that it's not as bad - it just can't be based on evidence of my own health since quitting cigarettes.

[morningconsult.com] E-Cigarettes Increasingly Blamed for Lung Illnesses, as Evidence Points Elsewhere
    CDC identified THC vapes with vitamin E acetate as culprit, but 66% of adults blame e-cigarettes for vaping deaths
    By Sara Wilson February 5, 2020 at 10:22 am ET
    Even as health officials work to inform Americans that marijuana vaping products containing vitamin E acetate were linked to the majority of more than 2,600 lung disease hospitalizations last year, most U.S. adults still believe traditional e-cigarettes like those made by Juul Labs Inc. are more harmful than their THC-containing counterparts.

• Advertisement

Vaping: what people are getting wrong | The Economist

Advertisement