Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call of Duty | WWII | News & Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

sryanbruen wrote: »
    What do you mean "beta" access? As in just playing it shortly earlier or beta testing?
    Sorry for not being clear, I just saw that people are playing the game already on XB1 and PS4 and I'm wondering if I buy it now will I be able to use it right away or will it be a case of waiting until November 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,666 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Sorry for not being clear, I just saw that people are playing the game already on XB1 and PS4 and I'm wondering if I buy it now will I be able to use it right away or will it be a case of waiting until November 3rd.

Yeah, you have to wait until November 3rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

CptMackey wrote: »
    Any body here getting this ?

I sold my old XB1's to get the Xbox One X so I'll have to wait until mid November when it gets delivered from the UK. :mad:

Looking forward to it though especially the campaign mode. Really looking forward to seeing what the Xbox One X can bring to the table in terms of enhancements.

Wonder where's the best place to pick it up on release. Argos maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I sold my old XB1's to get the Xbox One X so I'll have to wait until mid November when it gets delivered from the UK. :mad:

Looking forward to it though especially the campaign mode. Really looking forward to seeing what the Xbox One X can bring to the table in terms of enhancements.

Wonder where's the best place to pick it up on release. Argos maybe?
    I read somewhere that Cod on Xbox One X won’t be getting any inhancements at Launch

Digital Edition download on PS4 has begun I am currently downloading a 10Gb file at the moment.

• Advertisement

People have received early copies of Call of Duty WW2. This is very normal for any Call of Duty game as it has happened every year in the past including Infinite Warfare, Black Ops 3 and Advanced Warfare. But when those people put WW2 into their platform, it does not work. They cannot play it. It requires a day one patch for the game to work. Well played Sledgehammer Games! You did something very straightforward that no other COD developer has done before on early releases of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I pre-ordered mine in Smyth's just now, €59.99 which is a pretty good price to be able to walk in and collect. Gamestop looking for €69.99.

People have received early copies of Call of Duty WW2. This is very normal for any Call of Duty game as it has happened every year in the past including Infinite Warfare, Black Ops 3 and Advanced Warfare. But when those people put WW2 into their platform, it does not work. They cannot play it. It requires a day one patch for the game to work. Well played Sledgehammer Games! You did something very straightforward that no other COD developer has done before on early releases of the game.

That’s true but I guarantee they will be able to play next Wednesday or Thursday as Sledgehammer will start to turn on the servers.
    It was a real bonus last year when on the Thursday MWR went live early for everyone.
    BTW the digital download topped out around 58Gb on PS4 I’m ready to rock at Midnight Thursday night :D

WWII veterans at Sledgehammer Games' studios this week playing Call of Duty: WWII

DjHuhtM.jpg

All confirmed weapons and attachments in Call of Duty WW2 below.

Weapons

Assault Rifles
    M1941 - Unlocked from the start
    M1 Garand - Unlocked by using unlock token
    STG44 - Unlocked at Rank 15
    M1A1 Carbine - Unlocked at Rank 31
    FG 42 - Unlocked at Rank 45
    BAR - Unlocked at Rank 52
    SVT-40 - Unlocked at Infantry Division Prestige 1

Submachine Guns
    Grease Gun - Unlocked from the start
    PPSh-41 - Unlocked by using unlock token
    Type 100 - Unlocked at Rank 11
    Waffe 28 - Unlocked at Rank 27
    M1928 - Unlocked at Rank 48
    MP-40 - Unlocked at Airborne Division Prestige 1

Sniper Rifles
    Karabin - Unlocked at the start
    Lee Enfield (Commonwealth) - Unlocked by using unlock token
    M1903 - Unlocked at Rank 41
    Kar98k - Unlocked at Mountain Division Prestige 1

Shotguns
    Winchester 1897 - Unlocked at the start
    M30 Luftwaffe Drilling - Unlocked by using unlock token
    Toggle Action - Unlocked at Rank 19
    Model 21 - Unlocked at Expeditionary Division Prestige 1

Light Machine Guns
    Lewis - Unlocked from the start
    MG15 - Unlocked by using unlock token
    Bren - Unlocked at Rank 14
    MG42 - Unlocked at Armored Division Prestige 1

Pistols
    P-08 - Unlocked at the start
    M1911 - Unlocked at Rank 23
    M712 (Machine Pistol) - Unlocked at Rank 33

Launchers
    M1 Bazooka - Unlocked at the start
    Panzerschrek - Unlocked at Rank 18

Melee
    Shovel - Unlocked at Rank 35
    Ice Pick - Unlock at Rank ??

Attachments

Assault Rifles
    Quickdraw
    Grip
    Lens Sight
    Reflex Sight
    High Caliber
    Steady Aim
    Full Metal Jacket
    4x Optic
    Rapid Fire
    Extended Mag
    Advanced Rifling

Sniper Rifles
    4x Optic
    Ballistic Calibration
    Full Metal Jacket
    Extended Mag
    Rapid Fire
    Iron Sight

Submachine Guns
    Lens Sight
    Quickdraw
    Reflex Sight
    Grip
    Steady Aim
    Full Metal Jacket
    Advanced Rifling
    Extended Mag
    Rapid Fire

Light Machine Guns
    Quickdraw
    Grip
    Reflex Sight
    Steady Aim
    Full Metal Jacket 4x Optic
    Extended Mag
    Rapid Fire

Shotguns
    Reflex Sight
    Quickdraw
    Steady Aim
    Extended Mag
    Advanced Rifling
    Rapid Fire
    Rifle Bullet

Pistols
    Steady Aim
    Advanced Rifling
    Extended Mag
    Quick Draw
    Rapid Fire
    Dual Wield

• Advertisement

Ok so just downloading patch 1.02 in PS4 which for those who got an early retail copy makes the offline modes playable. Haven’t heard of anyone round these parts who got the game early. But if you do get a copy before release please report back here.

People have been leaking gameplay from WW2 zombies which I'm confused how they did due to the patch the game requires I reported yesterday. I gotta say, it doesn't look near as interesting to me as I hoped.

People have been leaking gameplay from WW2 zombies which I'm confused how they did due to the patch the game requires I reported yesterday. I gotta say, it doesn't look near as interesting to me as I hoped.

The patch is live as per my post above it might have been released earlier in Europe or Asia that’s how gameplay is up in offline mode

You are right just found some gameplay in German but it looks the same as Treyarch Zombies nothing really new about it, I was expecting a kind of Dead Space type of zombie game. Pretty disappointing

You are right just found some gameplay in German but it looks the same as Treyarch Zombies nothing really new about it, I was expecting a kind of Dead Space type of zombie game. Pretty disappointing

Looks like I'll be playing multiplayer a lot more than zombies for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I just read Call of Duty World War 2 needs a patch in order for the offline single player to work.
    You're paying 60 or so euros for a disc which is useless unless you go online and download a patch.
    I'm on console to avoid that kind of crap.
    That crap isn't acceptable.
    That is anti-consumer bs and I don't want to support it so I think I'll give Call of Duty World War 2 a miss.
    I think Wolfenstein 2 will be a much better game anyway.
    I know Wolfenstein 2 is out already I'm just saying will be because Cod WW2 isn't out yet.

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I just read Call of Duty World War 2 needs a patch in order for the offline single player to work.
    You're paying 60 or so euros for a disc which is useless unless you go online and download a patch.
    We're on console.
    That is anti-consumer bs and I don't want to support it so I think I'll give Call of Duty World War 2 a miss.
    I know Wolfenstein 2 is out already I'm just saying will be because Cod WW2 isn't out yet.

But they were just protecting their game before the release date most big games have a day one patch if you have the game now you can play it after the patch.

I'm on console to avoid that kind of crap.

I don't see why you're getting pissed, it's not properly released 'til November 3rd anyway.

Yes and when you buy it after November 3rd you're still going to get a disc that is useless without a bloody patch.
    Part of the reason of having a console is you stick the game in and play it.
    You shouldn't have to download a patch in order to unlock your own game.
    Your after paying 60 quid for it.
    To me this is unacceptable.
    I for one won't support this kind if anti consumer bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Have supervalu confirmed if they're doing this for 50 quid again like they usually do?

• Advertisement

Small patch up today on PS4 1.03
    As for Supervalu I would say they will they certainly did with FIFA18 a few weeks back by copies were limited

Yes and when you buy it after November 3rd you're still going to get a disc that is useless without a bloody patch.
    Part of the reason of having a console is you stick the game in and play it.
    You shouldn't have to download a patch in order to unlock your own game.
    Your after paying 60 quid for it.
    To me this is unacceptable.
    I for one won't support this kind if anti consumer bs.

Trust me, there are things far far worse about Activision's scummy business practices.

At the end of the Carentan trailer, the title of DLC 1 for WW2 is revealed as The Resistance which will be released on January 30th 2018 for PS4. You are also given a map that marks 5 locations, two of which is in Northern France and Northeastern Poland, the same locations of Paris and Wolf's Lair which were leaked multiplayer maps in the beta's game files. As a result of that, you'd think these would come as standard on-disc maps, but look at this map at the end of that trailer :confused:.

Trust me, there are things far far worse about Activision's scummy business practices.

No one seems to care about being locked out of their own disc based game that they pay for being required to download a patch to unlock it.
    It's a bit like paying for a useless disc and having the main game as free dlc.
    That's how I see it.
    Our rights as gamers are being eroded to nothing as time goes on and gamers are accepting it and giving in.
    Anyway this isn't really the place to complain about it.
    People are going to buy it anyway and not give a hoot.
    People who are annoyed about this (if there is anyone out there who is) should complain on the Activision forums so Activision knows that people are annoyed about it.
    If people don't complain publishers will take advantage and the gamers will be the ones who get screwed.

No one seems to care about being locked out of their own disc based game that they pay for being required to download a patch to unlock it.
    It's a bit like paying for a useless disc and having the main game as free dlc.
    That's how I see it.
    Our rights as gamers are being eroded to nothing as time goes on and gamers are accepting it and giving in.
    Anyway this isn't really the place to complain about it.
    People are going to buy it anyway and not give a hoot.
    People who are annoyed about this (if there is anyone out there who is) should complain on the Activision forums so Activision knows that people are annoyed about it.
    If people don't complain publishers will take advantage and the gamers will be the ones who get screwed.

I think they're all pretty aware how we find their scummy practices like, lots of us rant about them. They just don't give a **** 'cuz we keep giving them money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

First call of duty for me in a couple years think it was black ops 2 so can't wait to get back into it. Anything I've seen so far looks pretty good the maps and weapons and sounds all seem great much better then the futuristic crap of late.

I haven't missed a call of duty at launch since COD 3 and I won't start now!

I haven't missed a call of duty at launch since COD 3 and I won't start now!

I'm sorry but I am back :):) to me I don't like futuristic games when I see players flying threw the air and climbing walls that takes away from what I liked about call of duty.

I never knocked it I just didn't buy it everyone else is allowed enjoy it but it's not for me.

I put in alot if hours into battlefield one but it never gave me the same buz as call of duty games used to.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I am back :):) to me I don't like futuristic games when I see players flying threw the air and climbing walls that takes away from what I liked about call of duty.

I never knocked it I just didn't buy it everyone else is allowed enjoy it but it's not for me.

I put in alot if hours into battlefield one but it never gave me the same buz as call of duty games used to.

Yes cause Battlefield, regardless of all its glory (and don't get me wrong is awesome), is not nearly as smooth to play as Call of Duty is.

Multiplayer servers are live for those who have early physical copies Expect gameplay videos to go up and rapidly taken down off YouTube by Activison :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Where is the cheapest anyone has seen it? Are we expecting Supervalu to have it on the cheap like they do for big games? Last year I think I remember getting Infinate Warfare legacy for 20 quid cheaper in there than anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

No reviews yet?

When is the review embargo up?

Looking at a lot of game play on twitch I can't wait to get my hands on it.

• Advertisement

Call of Duty: WWII Loot Boxes fall from the sky in the HQ, allowing everyone to see what you get

https://charlieintel.com/2017/11/01/call-duty-wwii-loot-boxes-fall-sky-hq-allowing-everyone-see-get/

Call of Duty: WWII Loot Boxes fall from the sky in the HQ, allowing everyone to see what you get

https://charlieintel.com/2017/11/01/call-duty-wwii-loot-boxes-fall-sky-hq-allowing-everyone-see-get/

This is new to me I've never played cod with them in it? Is this good or bad? I'd imagine it don't make much difference?

Don't worry guys :pac:, WW2 will have leaderboards, combat records and custom emblem editor on the launch game (unlike Infinite Warfare):

https://charlieintel.com/2017/10/31/leaderboards-combat-records-custom-emblem-available-call-duty-wwii-day-1/

This is new to me I've never played cod with them in it? Is this good or bad? I'd imagine it don't make much difference?

Supply drops are essentially a slot machine. They're fine once they keep them cosmetic only but once they add weapons to the slot machine, it's extremely bad. You have like a 1 in 1000 chance of achieving a weapon from a supply drop. For example, Black Ops 3's supply drop system was the worst. The only way you could get a weapon is via a supply drop by your own luck. However, you could spend up to millions of dollars on COD points to buy supply drops and not get any weapon or not get the weapon you want. Some of these supply drop weapons are game breaking and thus pay to win, especially the XMC in Black Ops 3 which is a reimagining of the MSMC from Black Ops 2. Before the launch of each game with supply drops, they have said that supply drops would be cosmetic only BUT they have continued to lie every time. It's the same for WW2 though Michael Condrey specifically said "at launch" with his statement of them being cosmetic only, so we'll wait and see how long 'til they add game changing weapons to supply drops or loot boxes. It takes 10 cryptokeys/keys/depot credits to buy a common supply drop whilst it takes 30 cryptokeys/keys/depot credits to buy a rare supply drop which guarantees you get at least one rare loot.

I'm not aware of how AW did their supply drop system because I never played that game. Black Ops 3 I've pretty much stated already above but as of June 2016, you are given daily and weekly contracts (and sometimes special ones). The daily contract gives you 10 cryptokeys. The weekly contract gives you 30 cryptokeys and a Mercenary Contract to allow you to use the Blackjack specialist. Special contracts come like every few months or month, it's very random. They can be random but the most common special contract has been get 100 wins to achieve a Triple Play. A Triple Play is 10 rare supply drops, a ranged weapon bribe (guarantees a ranged weapon) and a melee weapon bribe (guarantees a melee weapon). The drop rate of cryptokeys/keys/depot credits btw after every match is very low. Some matches you may not get even 1 cryptokey/key/depot credit. You get cryptokeys for every duplicate you receive with the number of cryptokeys depending on the rarity of the loot. So for example, a common loot duplicate will give you 1 cryptokey.

Infinite Warfare's supply drop system works like this: Weapons aren't in supply drops unlike Black Ops 3 but they're not given to you straight off the bat. If you own the season pass, they are given to you for free. If you don't, you must complete a challenge to unlock each weapon. Infinite Warfare (and Advanced Warfare also) has Weapon Variants in supply drops too. These are statistic changing variants, they are not cosmetic. They change the way the gun works. Like a variant may give you higher accuracy but it will downgrade something else of your gun to balance it out. Each supply drop gives you a currency called salvage. This is a crafting currency, so if you have enough salvage, you can buy the weapon variants you want without relying on supply drop luck. You get free salvage/free supply drops just for daily logins to Infinite Warfare also which increase in quantity/quality the more consecutive days you log in - in Black Ops 3 you don't get anything for logging in. However, there are Mark 2 variants which are locked behind supply drops and you cannot craft these using salvage. These Mark 2 variants give you bonus XP if you use the weapon the variant is on. Unlike Black Ops 3, multiplayer and zombies share the same currency in Infinite Warfare which means you can play MP or zombies to earn keys for supply drops. There are separate supply drop crates for both modes but you can choose to open either all you like as they share the same currency. So you can earn keys in zombies and open the MP (Quartermaster it's called) supply drops.

Modern Warfare Remastered also has a supply drop system. It is different to the aforementioned systems again. The currency in this game for supply drops is called depot credits. You earn these via playing the MP. Each supply drop you buy gives you a certain amount of a currency called Parts which is the "Salvage" essentially of MWR. You can craft things using Parts. Game changing weapons can be crafted and only crafted via opening supply drops and collecting the necessary things in the weapon's bounty collection (such as calling cards, a character theme etc) or using Parts to buy each thing in the collection. Once you collect all the things, you are given the weapon. There are plenty of different collections to complete in the game.

We'll wait and see how WW2's supply drops will turn out.

Is that descriptive enough for ya? Lol. So in summary, supply drops are a money machine for Activision and therefore extremely bad for the consumer especially when they add game changing weapons to them, though as you saw, IW and MWR gave us more options in getting the weapons than BO3 which relied 100% on your RNG.

So basically we don't know ha ;)

• Advertisement

So basically we don't know ha ;)

Well knowing Activision, it will be bad. :(

Well knowing Activision, it will be bad. :(

If you pull a weapon from a supply drop is it permanent of just for that game?

If you pull a weapon from a supply drop is it permanent of just for that game?

Permanent.

Michael Condrey says if SHG had released Advanced Warfare 2 this year, ‘fans wouldn’t be as excited’:

https://charlieintel.com/2017/11/01/michael-condrey-says-shg-released-advanced-warfare-2-year-fans-wouldnt-excited/

9 multiplayer maps t launch is pretty poor I’ve no interest in war mode and I think they are short changing the multiplayer community by giving us so few maps

9 multiplayer maps t launch is pretty poor I’ve no interest in war mode and I think they are short changing the multiplayer community by giving us so few maps

I saw a comment in a reply to a youtuber's tweet on that matter saying something along the lines of ah well, at least we can be guaranteed some good maps at launch than Black Ops 3 having a large number but very poor maps at launch. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

pc version goes live tonight at 12 bells according to the steam page
    Call of Duty®: WWII release dates and times:
    Japan/Asia Pacific: Nov 3 at 12am JST (Nov 2, 15:00 GMT)
    UK/EU/Russia CIS/Africa/Middle East: Nov 3 at 12am CET (Nov 3, 0:00 GMT)
    North America/South America: Nov 3 at 12am EDT (Nov 3, 4:00 GMT)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/476600/Call_of_Duty_WWII/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,122 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

No midnight release in Drogheda :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement