Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Church bells deleted from coca cola Xmas ad

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭deezell

I'm having a pagan Xmas this year.......maybe burn a wigger man.
    Would that be one of Sinter Klass' little helpers in the picture above?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

What a crock of Shiite! Muslims don’t celebrate Christmas so what difference does it make that there are bells in the ad? Do you think there was even one single Muslim in the world who decided to boycott Coke because there were church bells ringing in an advertisement at Christmas? Of course there fcuking wasn’t. It’s just another fcuking example of sone wanker being offended on behalf of someone else and having a classic ad changed as a result.

Will McDonalds now stop advertising their McBacon sandwich or bacon cheeseburger because Jews might be offended?

This nonsense has to stop, it’s gone far too far and hasn’t improved society or has any long term effects either way! The relentless pandering to minorities has in my opinion only served to make the divide bigger and create more me and them attitudes than if they left well enough alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

o1s1n wrote: »
    You do realise the people who made this decision were probably a group of Coca Cola execs and not your local Muslim minority group?

After canvassing my local Muslim minority group, their very telling reply was, "Who's doing what now?"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

When they start taking bangers and mash off the menus in schools and colleges, then the critical threshold would have been reached.
    But I'm ok with them taking the bells off the advert, I never noticed them anyway.

You had a menu at school?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Received a card from a commercial organisation yesterday "Warm Holiday Wishes". :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

Received a card from a commercial organisation yesterday "Warm Holiday Wishes". :confused:

Maybe they're hoping you're going somewhere nice next Summer.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    You had a menu at school?

Jeez, we only had a polluting stove up at the teachers desk. They boy who was best able to light it got off homework. Teacher was warm at least. We all brought in a shilling (5p, about 6 cent) per week for the coal. Seems like only yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

deezell wrote: »
    Jeez, we only had a polluting stove up at the teachers desk. They boy who was best able to light it got off homework. Teacher was warm at least. We all brought in a shilling (5p, about 6 cent) per week for the coal. Seems like only yesterday

We had crap storage heaters in mouldy prefabs and the food was a sandwich and flask of tea/hot chocolate that you carried in from home. No food supplied in my school. Perhaps the poster is in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

No ..just recognition that half the world doesn't celebrate christmass.

Well that half shouldn’t be too worried then what the other half does during Christmas. It’s a Coca Cola Christmas ad ffs.

OSI wrote: »
    Coca Cola ad just came on.

Started with Church bells.

Whole thread is bull****.

497499.jpeg
    Is that the old version with the three or more loud peals, or the new version (view it on YouTube and elsewhere), where there is a single dull apologetic thunk when the lad pulls the rope. If the old version, happy days. The new one was broadcast, and well criticised for "breaking tradition" with a different musical score, not that new even so a poster here said.

The Bells are coming! The Bells are coming!
    Along with Brexit. Now there's a sop to traditionalist.

• Advertisement
Advertisement