Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free CocaCola in pub

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Of course they could, Ive seen lots of pubs with splash systems for soft drinks abroad, it is not rocket science and it saves a publican labour costs over serving individual bottles as they do now.

In fairness, you have no idea what you are talkng about. I worked in the industry for years, out of it now, we had a huge operation and I had a POC to implement a carbonated soda gun system in 3 bars, we couldn't do it due to the water quality, to compensate for that required €75k investment for each bar, this is completely separate to the actually system, that was just for a water storage and filtration system.
    But of course, you know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Del2005 wrote: »
    What I can never understand is why publicans here don't use splash guns like the USA. No bother with bottles, better for the environment and no need to buy cheap rotten cola.

I had a Pepsi which was from a splash gun and it was rotten.

It was in Weatherspoons in Dun Laoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Well now you are extrapolating your bad water problems to the whole country, that certainly isnt the case for everywhere. And if the water quality was so bad what were you serving customers who wanted a glass of water with their meal?

Advertisement