Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Nody wrote: »
    You mean up? :P

shots fired pew pew, Sylvy is the best warchief she has bigger balls than a tauren.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Did the Siege scenario last night, and it was pretty cool. Tactically idiotic from the Alliance ("oh my god, Sylvannas used the Plague...again. What a surprise!"), but one of the better scenarios they've done. Not sure how any of the other Horde leaders are ok with her killing and raising her own troops. Seems like the kind of thing Baine at least might have an issue with.

Loved seeing Anduin walk into Lordaeron like Arthas did, and the same music played as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Kiith wrote: »
    Did the Siege scenario last night, and it was pretty cool. Tactically idiotic from the Alliance ("oh my god, Sylvannas used the Plague...again. What a surprise!"), but one of the better scenarios they've done. Not sure how any of the other Horde leaders are ok with her killing and raising her own troops. Seems like the kind of thing Baine at least might have an issue with.

Loved seeing Anduin walk into Lordaeron like Arthas did, and the same music played as well.

Allot of salt of Jainas magic escape plan, so many wanted the alliance dead lol.

Would have been epic if she actually killed them all in the throne room

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Would have been epic if she actually killed them all in the throne room

Or he remembered that he is actually a priest and put a bubble up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Really lookkng forward to this now. My Bloodelf rogue is itching to get started. I predict work levels will be very low this week..... went back to level up an alliance warrior i first started warcraft with in vanilla, only got him to level 76 before i swiched sides. Dont have the patience to level alts, he can stay at 76. I suppose i have a few level upgrade things i could use.

So, tomorrow at 11pm. Anyone taking Tuesday off work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

WHAT! I thought it was out on Wednesday! :eek:

OMG i have no clue what to wear.......I mean which class to main

Keep rocking the Monk? Go with the warrior who im loving right now? Or back to ol faithful, rogue?

OH LAWDY! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im probably going to go with the mage, while i enjoyed demonology warlock immensely in the beta and now pre patch it is just too slow and has zero mobility compared to a mage,you really need to stand there and turtle.
    Also im not fond of affliction at all and destruction feels like a clunky version of fire mage so its looking like mage for me to start with, frost and fore are a lot of fun.

Also tempted to go the tanking route for the first time ever in 13 years playing on and off :P
    Ive tanked before many times just not as a main or with tough content but over the weekend leveled my pala as protection running dungeons and there is something very satisfying about slamming shields into enemies faces :P

nix wrote: »
    WHAT! I thought it was out on Wednesday! :eek:

OMG i have no clue what to wear.......I mean which class to main

Keep rocking the Monk? Go with the warrior who im loving right now? Or back to ol faithful, rogue?

OH LAWDY! :pac:

Monk and Warrior play really well, rogue is not being looked on favorably at the moment.

• Advertisement

I've gone back to my Paladin, after briefly choosing my Warlock and Warrior. It just felt wrong to level any other class to max first.

Dcully wrote: »
    Im probably going to go with the mage, while i enjoyed demonology warlock immensely in the beta and now pre patch it is just too slow and has zero mobility compared to a mage,you really need to stand there and turtle.
    Also im not fond of affliction at all and destruction feels like a clunky version of fire mage so its looking like mage for me to start with, frost and fore are a lot of fun.

Also tempted to go the tanking route for the first time ever in 13 years playing on and off :P
    Ive tanked before many times just not as a main or with tough content but over the weekend leveled my pala as protection running dungeons and there is something very satisfying about slamming shields into enemies faces :P

Yeah i was loving my void elf lock until the stat squish patch and now he just feels like a bag o sh!te :(

Id consider mage also but the only 110 mage i have is undead on a server on his own, and looks like ill be going with alliance for the next while..

luck has it my arm has healed enough to use the mouse woop, Now i cant decide to carry on with my usual main the druid i was enjoying feral in legion but the pre patch made it dull by comparison and im most likely going to lvl a zandalari troll druid when they come out, so i think il stick with the fury for now hopefully its not to squishy lvling up.

also bfa audio book is on youtube if anyone wants to listen to it before tonight :p

Calhoun wrote: »
    Monk and Warrior play really well, rogue is not being looked on favorably at the moment.

Outlaw Rogue is probably the best melee dps atm alongside paladin.

Ive just switched from Assassination rogue to Outlaw. Cant understand why I never switched before. Outlaw is way more fun to play.

Fiddling around on my rogue with outlaw it's fairly simple or am i missing some thing or is like 3 buttons and your finishers

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Fiddling around on my rogue with outlaw it's fairly simple or am i missing some thing or is like 3 buttons and your finishers

Pretty much, the buffs it can give though are pretty sick, the flipping to the guns is a nice variation, and the grappling hook is really nice, you can use it to climb or scale across alot of things, seems alot less restricted than the warriors heroic leap.

Its alot more fun, compared to the other two speccs, assassination is just like 2-3 buttons, including finisher. With outlaw you will always be using 3 different finishers..

ah i might lvl my rogue at some stage again, but think il stick to the warrior for now, So its started since 11 and i am coldbones/poetaetoes/mortalis/ on bladefist if anyones on there or if we have a boards community thing hit me up (horde)

Yah because prepatch numbers define an expansion.

Game play wise it's probably the best of rogue, although I hate RTB.

Fury and Frost play fairly well.

god dam i love the new story side of things and the cut scenes its so good. just go to the troll capital XD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

How are we all finding it?

Im living vicariously through twitch streamers

I enjoyed the hour i played last night. Servers were fine, with only a bit of lag during the initial quest. Boralus is great, and i love the music. Haven't really gotten into it though, and will get stuck in tonight.

No issues with connection last night, but only played for an hour or so. Is it just me or does the new Alliance area seem more interesting that the Horde one..

im absolutely loving it so far, everything looks so nice the art team really knocked it out of the park. il definitely be playing my ally char to see the alliance side when im finished with my main guy.

people running around at 120 already

Played an hour or so but i had access to beta so the beuaty of the new zones is no surprise but in fairness for a 13 yr old game they managed to make it look so modern with updated gfx effects,animations etc, add in some nice addons and the game looks great even in 2018.

I am quite liking it, i did a last minute switch to alliance on my main for a raid guild and i am loving the aesthetics of Kul'Tirans.

Cant wait to finish in a few days and play the horde as i heard the story is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

My borther in law who works for blizzard texted me: I have a spare copy, you want it?

Sure! When is it out? Oh?!

So yeah, I am updating my stuff as pc wasn't even turned on for months. Going in completely blind. Did not follow or looked at any new content. Might be fun. Will be a few months of fun to do.

Calhoun wrote: »
    I am quite liking it, i did a last minute switch to alliance on my main for a raid guild and i am loving the aesthetics of Kul'Tirans.

Traitor...:D:D

• Advertisement

Glebee wrote: »
    Traitor...:D:D

Dont worry i have a warrior that ill be playing horde. As someone into the lore i am being spoilt with the two storylines.

Advertisement