Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC On Field Gossip & Rumour Thread 2017 Mod Note in OP(Updated 14/08)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

****ing came into work early to watch the first half and there's a bunch of ***** watching the ****ing man bastarding united v south **** Hampton game.
    What ****ing country am I in?*****.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Eirebear wrote: »
    ****ing came into work early to watch the first half and there's a bunch of ***** watching the ****ing man bastarding united v south **** Hampton game.

:D

Check your PM

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Eirebear wrote: »

:D

Check your PM

Appreciated mate but I'm working behind the bar and can't access the laptop.

David Cooper Templeton :D

Turned it over for 15mins at half time in the English game.
    Got a fright
    Saw 2 goals
    Start work feeling slightly better.

McCulloch makes it 3-1, his 100th goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Over 46,000 at Ibrox today for a Scottish Division Three match.

The people have spoken!

The Sun were set to publish a part of Phil's book, seemingly unaware of his background.

Seems like they caught on pretty fast, after some Bears pointed a few things out:
    But Phil Mac Giolla Bhain is not one of our journalists and his blog undermines the entire industry.

THAT is why we have decided not to carry the serialisation of the book.

NOT because of the social media backlash.

NOT because of the internet bullies.

But because the author — previously unbeknown to us — is tarred with a sickening sectarian brush.

Imagine being a 'journalist' refused by The Sun, doesn't really get any worse than that.

3xbtz.jpg

What do you mean 'impartial' ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

The Sun were set to publish a part of Phil's book, seemingly unaware of his background.

Seems like they caught on pretty fast, after some Bears pointed a few things out:

Imagine being a 'journalist' refused by The Sun, doesn't really get any worse than that.
    that has to be some sick joke, i taught being a sectarian bigot was a requirement for all Scottish tabloids

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

that has to be some sick joke, i taught being a sectarian bigot was a requirement for all Scottish tabloids

Really :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Big Phil finally being shown up for what he is. An arrogant bigot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2012/sep/03/sun-scotland

Article in The Guardian which reports that the editor of the Scottish Sun may have made a u-turn on the serialisation of MacGiollaBhain's book, due to fears of a boycott of the paper from Rangers fans.

The article also refers to a claim that a blog about Rangers fans that MacGiollaBhain maintains was satirical in nature, was cited as the opportunity for The Scottish Sun to save face while pulling the serialisation articles. Interesting.

And here The Sun was claiming that they wouldn't be bullied :pac:

And the blog was in no way satirical, I believe the main blog that was pointed out to The Sun was this one:

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/the-incubator/

Sick ramblings of a twisted mind.

Seems like Philly's lies are finally catching up to him.
    I've even read posts on CelticMinded of Celtic fans who despite the idiot and see him for what he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

If ye are the same club how come ye are unseeded in the draw for the League Cup??

After all according to the regulations....
    "This Round will be “seeded” with the clubs occupying the eight highest positions at the end of the preceding season being “seeded”. These clubs will play a single tie on the ground of the first named club."

and according to uefa your last game was against St Johnstone in May??

http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/teams/club=50121/profile/index.html

and only the womens team is listed here...

http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/index.html

Just wondering like?:confused:

• Advertisement

And the blog was in no way satirical, I believe the main blog that was pointed out to The Sun was this one:

I've even read posts on CelticMinded of Celtic fans who despite the idiot and see him for what he is.

plenty on the huddleboard calling him out also.

First time reading that, it's absolutely pathetic. I dont know much about this lad but if thats representative of his work, it's a poor reflection

If ye are the same club how come ye are unseeded in the draw for the League Cup??

After all according to the regulations....

and according to uefa your last game was against St Johnstone in May??

http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/teams/club=50121/profile/index.html

and only the womens team is listed here...

http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/index.html

Just wondering like?:confused:

Angry e-mail sent :pac:

don't really read any blogs but i hate to say it, that is satire. albeit very childish poor written satire

don't really read any blogs but i hate to say it, that is satire. albeit very childish poor written satire

Satire my ass mate if you had ever spoken to the man you would know he is nothing but a twisted bigot.
    These type of ramblings are nothing new and the lies he has told over the years to get noticed just make him even sadder

• Advertisement

Satire my ass mate if you had ever spoken to the man you would know he is nothing but a twisted bigot.
    These type of ramblings are nothing new and the lies he has told over the years to get noticed just make him even sadder
    relax I have never met him, and i have no desire to, he hardly represents the average celtic fan, at least judging by that post

relax I have never met him, and i have no desire to, he hardly represents the average celtic fan, at least judging by that post

Wasn't having a go mate.

The thing is I have met him I have spoken to him of local radio as well. He lives about 30 minutes from me.
    I know he doesn't represent your average Celtic fan but he does appeal to the lowest form of support exactly the same way certain people appeal to the lowest form of support among Rangers fans

Dear me some sad folk out there

644636_10152082051835191_1789171755_n.jpg

Just read that "incubator" blog by MacGiollaBhain, I have to say it's a very silly article if it's penned by someone who wants to be taken seriously as a journalist. However it's such a silly article that it can hardly be taken seriously either. A lot of journos make the mistake of being deliberately provocative in order to achieve notoriety and get attention, but can end up undermining their own professional reputation.

Still I wonder is the book any good and will some Rangers fans take a look at it - without admitting that they will.

Just read that "incubator" blog by MacGiollaBhain, I have to say it's a very silly article if it's penned by someone who wants to be taken seriously as a journalist. However it's such a silly article that it can hardly be taken seriously either. A lot of journos make the mistake of being deliberately provocative in order to achieve notoriety and get attention, but can end up undermining their own professional reputation.

Still I wonder is the book any good and will some Rangers fans take a look at it - without admitting that they will.

I wouldn't wipe my ass with it.
    Do you honestly think Rangers fans would put money in that mans pocket?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

That's what libraries and illegal ebook downloads are for :P

That's what libraries and illegal ebook downloads are for :P

Plenty other books that can be read without resorting to his rubbish :p

They might have a look at the book in a store or somewhere without buying it maybe. The "incubator" blog is silly, but maybe the book has some value? The serialisation in The Scottish Sun was pulled because of the "incubator" blog not the book.

Dear me some sad folk out there

snip
    what is that?

They might have a look at the book in a store or somewhere without buying it maybe. The "incubator" blog is silly, but maybe the book has some value? The serialisation in The Scottish Sun was pulled because of the "incubator" blog not the book.

That part of his blog was only a small part of why his book was pulled, really the man is the lowest of the low and he is being found out

• Advertisement

what is that?

Its a list of the Annan players and the people who sponsor each player

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I will probably buy the book, last year I bought and read his first book which was on the subject of young male suicides in Ireland and found some of the ideas interesting and his concern for the problem genuine but didn't find it particularly well written, seemed like a bit of a rush job in parts and if I remember correctly some glaring spelling errors made me think it couldn't even have been well proof read.

Still I will more than likely give this one a read but I don't expect to learn much that I don't already know.

If people want to brush up on their German... ;)

Der_Spiegel_1.jpg

Der_Spiegel_2.jpg

Der_Spiegel_3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

You wouldn't buy him a drink in Coll's then - or argue a point with him?:)

I find it interesting that he still calls Scotland his 'native' land! Not that I know much about him(other than daft ones sending me links to his work on facebook)but is he not a wee bit more like an educated Jim Traynor?

I'm not a fan of Traynor, but he's not even close to that level.

The new owner of Rangers Football Club is close to appointing advisers to kick off a swift return to the London stock market.

I understand that the consortium led by Charles Green, which took control of the Scottish outfit in a cut-price £5.5m deal to acquire its assets in June, is poised to hire Cenkos Securities, the broking firm, to handle the flotation.

Cenkos is one of a number of brokers which have held talks with Mr Green’s consortium in recent weeks, and it remains possible that another firm will be appointed if an agreement cannot be reached, according to insiders.

The listing is likely to see the newly-reconstituted Rangers, which began the season in the bottom tier of Scottish professional football, listed on the junior AIM market before the end of the year.

People close to the situation said that it could seek to raise as much as £20m, part of which is likely to be used to fund the acquisitions of new players.

Details of how supporters and investors will be able to acquire shares in the company, called The Rangers Football Club, will not be available for several weeks, insiders say.

Rangers' takeover and subsequent demotion to the Scottish Third Division capped an astonishing fall from grace for one of the biggest names in British sport.

The club's liquidation following the fiasco of the ownership of Craig Whyte culminated in a series of bitter contract disputes with star players, and the tax man.

Since the deal Mr Green, a former chief executive of Sheffield United, has struck a merchandising joint venture with Mike Ashley, the tycoon who owns Newcastle United and who may acquire a stake in Rangers as part of a stock market listing.

Mr Green believes that despite its recent travails, Rangers has considerable international potential as a sporting and leisure brand.

If Rangers successfully floats with a valuation of around £30m, that could augur well for the prospective valuation of the club’s 'Old Firm' rivals, Celtic, which is also listed on AIM.

There have been few new stock market flotations of major British football clubs in recent years, with Manchester United’s recent listing in New York being a rare example.

The club declined to comment.

Sky News

If people want to brush up on their German... ;)

snip

is that an article about the time you won the european cup... oh no that was us :p

is that an article about the time you won the european cup... oh no that was us :p

Nah we only won the ECWC no shame in that ;):p

A competition that no longer exists, a bit like a certain old(co) club from Govan;)

• Advertisement

A competition that no longer exists, a bit like a certain old(co) club from Govan;)

Do you ever get tired of repeating the same old crap we know your opinion and couldn't give a toss.
    Your right it no longer exists but we still one it if you want to go down that road the EC which you lot one no longer exists as it is now the CL and a totally different competition

Don't encourage him, he's been nice and quiet for ages.

Do you ever get tired of repeating the same old crap we know your opinion and couldn't give a toss.
    Your right it no longer exists but we still one it if you want to go down that road the EC which you lot one no longer exists as it is now the CL and a totally different competition

http://www.europeancuphistory.com/

It isn't though, it just changed it's name and it's format. It's the same shark Ted.

ah god you cant have a bit of a laugh anymore without someone escalating it.

It isn't though, it just changed it's name and it's format. It's the same shark Ted.
    Really does it make any difference the fact reamains we won the ECWC The fact the competition doesn't exist anymore is irrelevant

ah god you cant have a bit of a laugh anymore without someone escalating it.

Is that comment meant for me or BBE or both?

• Advertisement

It merged with the UEFA Cup, nothing else.

It merged with the UEFA Cup, nothing else.

You mean the Europa League;)

No, since back then there was no Europa League, only a UEFA Cup. ;)

I resume your on the pisstake? The competition has evolved and had a name change, but its still the European Cup to old timers like me. Is the All ireland/Sam Maguire a completely different competition cos its structure has changed radically? European champions are european champions whatever way you wan to look at it.

I resume your on the pisstake? The competition has evolved and had a name change, but its still the European Cup to old timers like me. Is the All ireland/Sam Maguire a completely different competition cos its structure has changed radically? European champions are european champions whatever way you wan to look at it.
    To old timers like you bet I can give you a few years and of course the are still Euoropean Championd and at the time I was over the moon for them by the same token we are still worthy winners of the ECWC even though the tournent does not exist anymore though a certain party seems to think that makes a difference

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement