Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC On Field Gossip & Rumour Thread 2017 Mod Note in OP(Updated 14/08)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

First woot!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Bit of a storm in a tea cup IMO Stadium announcers will always pull stunts. He should get a rap on the knuckles and that should be that.

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6076&Itemid=320

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I thought he would get just that, being suspended is a bit much...

More interesting is this no more JJB thank feck

35n8q6e.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Any idea what the Falkirk P.A said?
    I guess with two games coming up against them they are playing it safe with regards to him winding up the crowd?

• Advertisement

Eirebear wrote: »
    I guess with two games coming up against them they are playing it safe with regards to him winding up the crowd?

Read a couple of things along the line of he said and the score from the Sevco v ES game is Sevco 2 ES 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Read a couple of things along the line of he said and the score from the Sevco v ES game is Sevco 2 ES 1
    Ah now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Stupid thread is stupid.... You've gone and named it wrong! :P

Gers Sign Faure

RANGERS have made their sixth new signing of the summer after French defender Sebastien Faure joined the club on a three-year deal subject to international clearance.

The former Lyon centre half arrives at Ibrox as a free agent after spending much of the last fortnight training with Ally McCoist’s squad.

Faure sadly isn’t in the squad for tonight’s Ramsdens Cup tie at Falkirk but the club is hopeful he will be cleared to play at Berwick Rangers on Sunday in the Third Division.

A former French youth international, Faure came through Lyon’s youth academy and progressed into their senior squad.

But although he did play for them in the French League Cup, he left the Stade de Gerland without making any appearances for them in his country’s top flight.

For all that, he still has plenty of pedigree and was in Les Bleus’ squad for the Under-20 World Cup last year in Colombia and helped them finish fourth.

Faure struggled with injuries last season as a broken toe hindered him at Lyon then caused problems in the second half of the campaign in a loan at Nantes after it seemed it had healed.

But he is fully fit now and has impressed Ally McCoist enough during his training stint with Gers to be given a chance.

Faure played in a bounce game against Hamilton Accies last week and showed some good touches in the win over the First Division side.

Now he will challenge for a place in McCoist’s side after having a trial earlier this summer with English Championship side Leeds United.

Don't know much about the lad, but he's obviously got talent, i guess it's just a matter of his injury issues and how he setles into 3rd division football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

He referred to them as the ''Sevco franchise'' when reading out the score

Didn't another announcer refer to them as ''Sevco, or whatever they're calling themselves this week'' the other week?

I don't think he could be sacked for it, as Falkirk would no doubt have an unfair dismissal case on their hands

• Advertisement

You's should learn a bit about how your squad will get on in the next season or 2 by playing a team 2 divisions higher.
    I know it's not the be all and end all... But it'll be a gauge of some sort. And certainly be very heartening if you's were to beat them.

You's should learn a bit about how your squad will get on in the next season or 2 by playing a team 2 divisions higher.
    I know it's not the be all and end all... But it'll be a gauge of some sort. And certainly be very heartening if you's were to beat them.

The 2 Falkirk games are a big test of our squad, especially given that they beat us in the League Cup last season.

i think the players will be up for the cup matches in a big way this year, as we should have a team capable of doing well in them.

The 2 Falkirk games are a big test of our squad, especially given that they beat us in the League Cup last season*.

i think the players will be up for the cup matches in a big way this year, as we should have a team capable of doing well in them.

*Note*...not strictly true
    ;)

But, yeah that's my point. It's all very well playing the league games, but knowing you won't be signing players in the next 2 transfer windows, it'll be interesting to gauge how well you's can compete against teams in the higher divisions. Specifically Div.2 teams should the draws fall that way but games against div.1 sides should give you's a good idea too.

This is where the lower league situation really hits home - not even a radio broadcast out there for tonight's game it seems.

Relying on Twitter RSC

1-0 Andy Little :)

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    1-0 Andy Little :)

Took it well

Scrappy second half, but deserved win.

Still need a lot more match fitness for several players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

I missed the old thread so have to come to the zombie one.
    With regards to the world record, do Sevco world records only count in Scotland? I heard this being said, "its like being kept back 3 years in school and then boasting that you have the biggest cock in your class."

With regards to the world record, do Sevco world records only count in Scotland? I heard this being said, "its like being kept back 3 years in school and then boasting that you have the biggest cock in your class."
    You really need to get over the Sevco patter mate for a start the company that runs Rangers is no longer called Sevco and really this feeling Tic fans have that they need to keep commenting on a third division club is astounding. ;)

• Advertisement

Get with the program, you're supposed to say that we are irrelevant, not show your interest in us.

You really need to get over the Sevco patter mate for a start the company that runs Rangers is no longer called Sevco and really this feeling Tic fans have that they need to keep commenting on a third division club is astounding. ;)
    Can't I mourn the death of an old foe? Isn't this a Superthread for a 3rd Div team, where else would I comment on it?? Does this mean you won't be in the Celtic thread commenting on them now???
    wink back

What was that phrase ?

'I blame the schools' ? ;)

Get with the program, you're supposed to say that we are irrelevant, not show your interest in us.
    Zombies are irrelevant. Celtic need a strong rangers? but we still have half a foot in the CL even though yous died

What was that phrase ?

'I blame the schools' ? ;)
    Skools

Bless you, still not over the fact that we're alive and kicking.

We'll give you some time, it'll sink in.

Bless you, still not over the fact that we're alive and kicking.

We'll give you some time, it'll sink in.
    New club, New company and you're only debt free because of that.

Tick tock

Hey Mike, what do you say of that Lubo fella ?

Mike-Ashley.jpg

I thought we were debt free because we couldn't get a loan.
    Make up your mind already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Zombies are irrelevant. Celtic need a strong rangers? but we still have half a foot in the CL even though yous died

You actually come across as a child.

It's embarrassing.

You claim to not care about an irrelvent 3rd Division team, but you are the second top poster in this thread.

Hypocrite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Hey Mike, what do you say of that Lubo fella ?

Mike-Ashley.jpg

I thought we were debt free because we couldn't get a loan.
    Make up your mind already.

Debt free? Has the money owed to Green and his consortium been paid off already?

Des wrote: »

It's embarrassing.

You claim to not care about an irrelvent 3rd Division team, but you are the second top poster in this thread.

Hypocrite.
    Thanks for the input Desmond ;) 2nd top poster on a superthread I've only posted on in the last 2 hours? Surely that must be another world record....
    I'm grieving the death of an old neighbour

Grieving my arse, you're just being a kid.

But no worries, it will kick in soon enough that Rangers never died and are still alive and kicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

But no worries, it will kick in soon enough that Rangers never died and are still alive and kicking.
    And cheating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Des wrote: »

It's embarrassing.

Hypocrite.

This has to be the leading contender for the Alanis Morrseette award, this is a guy who has no interest in Scotish football what so ever but can't go two days without commenting on it :rolleyes:

You say lubo come's across as a child, at least a child can be taught, there's no hope for someone like you with that chip on your shoulder.

Of course I'm grieving, it's a process and will take time. You're dead, everyone knows it.

• Advertisement

Of course I'm grieving, it's a process and will take time. You're dead, everyone knows it.

Apparently not everyone:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80329588&postcount=5555

:mad: :P
    Just keep telling us how great Division 3 is

It's amazing :p

Next opponent in the Ramsdens Cup is Queen of the South.

Team for today v Berwick

Alexander, Perry, Boca, Emilson, Greek Boy, Little, McCulloch, Black, McLeod, McKay, Sandaza

Gallacher, Faure, Kyle, Naismith, Crawford.

No Broadfoot not even on the bench thats an added bonus. New Greek boy at RB

• Advertisement

Not a good first half from Rangers very lacidazical and far to slow a pace

Little scoring is the only good thing from the half 7 goals in 5 games

Don't know how the Berwick boy Currie is still on the park shocking challenge on Black straight red all day long

Don't know how the Berwick boy Currie is still on the park shocking challenge on Black straight red all day long

Had that tackle not been in the first few minutes, I think he'd have gone, and rightfully so

Poor first half from Rangers as you say, but they were always on top. Not many chances, but Berwick never looked like getting a sniff, even in the final third they were always completely outnumbered and never looked like getting anything

Good to see the old song book out again. Whatever about TBB, it must be embarrassing for any decent Rangers fan, particularly those with friends or family who have emigrated to hear that bile

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Poor first half from Rangers as you say, but they were always on top. Not many chances, but Berwick never looked like getting a sniff, even in the final third they were always completely outnumbered and never looked like getting anything

Shows what I know. I watched the first half and switched off when it went 1-0

LiamoSail wrote: »

Had that tackle not been in the first few minutes, I think he'd have gone, and rightfully so

Good to see the old song book out again. Whatever about TBB, it must be embarrassing for any decent Rangers fan, particularly those with friends or family who have emigrated to hear that bile

Not getting into the whole song thing it's been done to death but really I don't think. any tic fan should take the high horse attitude there song book isn't exactly squeaky clean.
    I wish the idiots that sung that today would just feck off the vast majority of us don't want to hear that crap no matter where we are from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Not getting into the whole song thing it's been done to death but really I don't think. any tic fan should take the high horse attitude there song book isn't exactly squeaky clean.
    I wish the idiots that sung that today would just feck off the vast majority of us don't want to hear that crap no matter where we are from

oh god, more whataboutery, lah blah blah blah. And no celtic fan has said anything about the songs yet in this thread, but you cant help yourself

oh god, more whataboutery, lah blah blah blah. And no celtic fan has said anything about the songs yet in this thread, but you cant help yourself

Tbf, it was me who raised the issue, not a Rangers fan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Whataboutery must be the most over used word on this forum, its not whataboutery, its a valid point.

Anyway, today was awful, need to get a settled team fast and realise away games are going to be very hard.

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Whataboutery must be the most over used word on this forum, its not whataboutery, its a valid point.

Anyway, today was awful, need to get a settled team fast and realise away games are going to be very hard.

You could afford to lose/draw over half your away games and still go up comfortably. However much I would absolutely love to see it, you won't have problems going up this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

TheBuilder wrote: »

no it's not a valid point.

Today Rangers fans sang disgusting songs, it was pretty much justified by a Rangers fan by saying "yeah well Celtic fans have done it too".

so what if every other clubs fans did it? Berwick Rangers fans didn't do it today, Celtic fans didn't do it yesterday.

Rangers fans did it today.

What was sung today? Couldnt hear the game.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement