Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skillz

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

No your not!

I disagree with your your.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

jimmii wrote: »
    I disagree with your your.

I concur

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

We use the metric system here :(

Ok then bring me metrics instead.

maudgonner wrote: »
    BTW, mind would you share the secret to perfect chips with us anyway Witchie!

:D

The key is to rinse them well after chopping, dry in a salad spinner or a clean tea towel. Have oil at it's hottest then cook until they are almost cooked. Take them out, let the oil heat up again to maximumtemp again and put chips back in til golden brown.

They will be crispy on outside and fluffy heaven inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Witchie wrote: »
    The key is to rinse them well after chopping, dry in a salad spinner or a clean tea towel. Have oil at it's hottest then cook until they are almost cooked. Take them out, let the oil heat up again to maximumtemp again and put chips back in til golden brown.

They will be crispy on outside and fluffy heaven inside.

you can't forget the drying at the end. if you leave them sit for two seconds without shaking the oil off you're done. put them into a mountain of kitchen paper and then salt them. we should go into business. because your dad owned a chipper we can call you chip off the old block and get you a michelin star

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Ok so what do you do well?

I have arrived home drunk as fook but I still sm able to make amazing home made chips. My dad ran a chipper when I was a kid and can make the best chips ever and I learned from him. Drunk or sober.....I make amazing chips.

So what can you do that is pretty fly....for a white guy/woman

Forget about what I can do, what's the secret to awesome chips?

Edit: I see now!!

I shall be trying your method soon.

So fry til almost done, then leave them (for how long?)

you can't forget the drying at the end. if you leave them sit for two seconds without shaking the oil off you're done. put them into a mountain of kitchen paper and then salt them. we should go into business. because your dad owned a chipper we can call you chip off the old block and get you a michelin star

You are right. Have to put them in a bowl on kitchen roll and toss them gently to remove excess oil. I also forgot that when we do the precook we sprinkle a little salt on them then so the salt kinda cooks into them when you return them to the fryer.

Love the name btw. Am a right chip off him and all. He used to own a chipper called the cut spud.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ptyloch

Ok so what do you do well?

I have arrived home drunk as fook but I still sm able to make amazing home made chips. My dad ran a chipper when I was a kid and can make the best chips ever and I learned from him. Drunk or sober.....I make amazing chips.

So what can you do that is pretty fly....for a white guy/woman

This reminds me when a mate of mine got drunk on good friday, returned home in the middle of the night and had a craving for chips. He had no deep fat fryer so filled the pan with oil and put it on, decide to go to his bedroom and put on a movie while waiting.

He was woken up by his father, the apartment filled with smoke, fire brigade on the way, whole kitchen destroyed, everything that his mom prepped for Easter was fit for the bin.

Myself and a few fellas spent the Saturday, Easter Sunday and Monday painting the whole place...... Ahh the good old times :);)

Advertisement