Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Yeah he was using Paypal
    Therein lies the issue. You had to have a payment card setup whilst on Ireland before your move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

TheDriver wrote: »
    Therein lies the issue. You had to have a payment card setup whilst on Ireland before your move.

Is my best bet signing up my new account to an Irish sub for a month then try changing the payment method to revolut before the month runs out?

Others here might be better up on this but my understanding is yes but actually use the rev for the month too. Pick the 1 screen and you'll get a free upgrade to 2 screen for first month. Ensure your phone number is verified.

Others here might be better up on this but my understanding is yes but actually use the rev for the month too. Pick the 1 screen and you'll get a free upgrade to 2 screen for first month. Ensure your phone number is verified.

Tried using Revolut card with new Irish sub, still getting the error.

Don't understand it

Tried using Revolut card with new Irish sub, still getting the error.

Don't understand it

Have you got online transactions enabled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Irish Rail Informer

My sub expired this morning.

Loaded up VPN Unlimited on my Mac and went to incognito mode on Chrome.

Tried to login to Netflix but I’m getting this error message:

“ Incorrect password. Please try again or you can reset your password.”

The password is definitely correct because as soon as I disconnect the VPN, it accepts the same credentials.

Tried on Safari as well as on my phone and on 4G data too. No luck.

I kept getting incorrect password as well on the computer. While using Chrome (both normal and incognito), but it worked fine with Edge. Password was accepted. (normal mode)

Have you got online transactions enabled?

Yeah I use it for the Turkish sports app no issues

Yeah I use it for the Turkish sports app no issues

OK I set up a new virtual card with Revolut and that worked on the Irish sub. I'll follow the instructions in the OP and hopefully be on Netflix Turkey next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭garyskeepers

Still one spot left on the family plan fellas... PM for details

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Rustyman101

Any idea why it looked for a Turkish number to send confirmation text despite my irish number being registered, got to payment, Turkish text snookered me !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,920 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Any idea why it looked for a Turkish number to send confirmation text despite my irish number being registered, got to payment, Turkish text snookered me !

I had this issue with Mexico last year. I had to send off for a mexican sim before I could subscribe. It insisted on a mexican number

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I had this issue with Mexico last year. I had to send off for a mexican sim before I could subscribe. It insisted on a mexican number
    Strange this isnt being mentioned more in thread, thanks for the reply !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

Maybe a leaky VPN or the way your number is stored i.e 08x xxx xxxx instead of 00353 8x xxx xxxx

Just throwing it out there no actual proof its either of those.

Strange this isnt being mentioned more in thread, thanks for the reply !

I haven't moved to Turkey yet but am planning on it in a month or two when my mexican currency runs out. I have been following this thread as a result. Irish phone number doesn't usually seem to be an issue with Turkey. I'm sure someone will be along who can offer you some help

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

I only get that far if the sign in button with email & password is used - it
    appears to create a new account despite using the prior password and bank details - hence seeking the Turkish number.

Adding the email and clicking get started should take you into the
    old account if it accepts the password - won't do it for me currently
    on 5 VPNs (including ProtoVPN Basic & Hola).

I haven't moved to Turkey yet but am planning on it in a month or two when my mexican currency runs out. I have been following this thread as a result. Irish phone number doesn't usually seem to be an issue with Turkey. I'm sure someone will be along who can offer you some help
    yeah have been following as well was surprised to see it pop up, might be able to get my hands on a Turkish sim for next months try !

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Irish Rail Informer

styron wrote: »
    I only get that far if the sign in button with email & password is used - it
    appears to create a new account despite using the prior password and bank details - hence seeking the Turkish number.

Adding the email and clicking get started should take you into the
    old account if it accepts the password - won't do it for me currently
    on 5 VPNs (including ProtoVPN Basic & Hola).

It accepts the password if you use Edge browser, (it did for me), wouldn't work with Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

My sub ended today after initial 30day signup. Went to renew with Turkey but keep getting "There appears to be a problem with your the payment method you are trying to use"

Have a Revolut card on the account

Tried Argentina and Mexico, but wont accept password, so cant even sign into it with them.

Tried Windscribe, NordVPN and CyberGhost VPNs

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Rainislove

Hi, i just signed up for Argentina after the Turkey was not working. The amount they charged is higher than it is mentioned in the plan. I took the premium plan and they charged 1097 AER, ie, 10 euro. Is this the extra 4 euros any surplus?

Rainislove wrote: »
    Hi, i just signed up for Argentina after the Turkey was not working. The amount they charged is higher than it is mentioned in the plan. I took the premium plan and they charged 1097 AER, ie, 10 euro. Is this the extra 4 euros any surplus?

I think they introduced a digital tax or something like that on streaming sites in Argentina

• Advertisement

I think they introduced a digital tax or something like that on streaming sites in Argentina

God, thats insane. We never know how much the final amount is unless the payment confirms.

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    My sub ended today after initial 30day signup. Went to renew with Turkey but keep getting "There appears to be a problem with your the payment method you are trying to use"

Have a Revolut card on the account

Tried Argentina and Mexico, but wont accept password, so cant even sign into it with them.

Tried Windscribe, NordVPN and CyberGhost VPNs

Login with your irish ip and then use vpn

God, thats insane. We never know how much the final amount is unless the payment confirms.

That started a while back. Strangely it doesn't apply to YouTube.

That started a while back. Strangely it doesn't apply to YouTube.

Any way, I could move to Turkey after the Argentina subscription ends?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Yep you can. I did it a couple of months back. Same process as if moving from Ireland.

Rainislove wrote:

If that fails move to Ireland for a month & try Turkey again.

I've already converted a years worth of Turkish currency in revolut while it's good. I'll be moving there in a month or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

jarvis wrote: »
    Anyone know does this method work for Disney+? My annual sub will renew on March for €69 but in Argentina it’s €33

Just to say I tried this today. I tried Argentina first using nord vpn on laptop. It took me to the payments page. It declined as my card was from a different country of origin. I also tried the American Disney. That was $6.99. I used the PayPal option with my revolut linked to it. That charged me €5.76. It processed but then I got an error saying billing error. The money was not taken from my revolut so I don’t think it can be done, easily

Google play store is putting the foot down on Netflix, Disney etc in that they're annoyed all payment is taken outside of Google. If that goes through, we could see the option to pay via Google play for things like Disney and hence the payment card issue might go.

TheDriver wrote:
    Google play store is putting the foot down on Netflix, Disney etc in that they're annoyed all payment is taken outside of Google. If that goes through, we could see the option to pay via Google play for things like Disney and hence the payment card issue might go.

Pay disney US. Going up to 70 dollars per year. That's only 58 euro per year. You can still access star in Ireland even with a US account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Pay disney US. Going up to 70 dollars per year. That's only 58 euro per year. You can still access star in Ireland even with a US account

How do you do that ?

Advertisement