Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
10-06-2019, 13:29   #16
errlloyd
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 11,462
Send a message via MSN to errlloyd
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteM View Post
I've just installed borrow box on my android tablet, entered my South Dublin library details in the app and borrowed a book. No need to go to the library.
Yeah - I know that much. But if you haven't got a library membership I think you have to go in, in person right? IE - you can't sign up for the library online.
errlloyd is offline  
Advertisement
10-06-2019, 13:33   #17
SteM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by errlloyd View Post
Yeah - I know that much. But if you haven't got a library membership I think you have to go in, in person right? IE - you can't sign up for the library online.
No, you have to be a library member to use borrow box.
SteM is offline  
10-06-2019, 13:36   #18
errlloyd
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 11,462
Send a message via MSN to errlloyd
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteM View Post
No, you have to be a library member to use borrow box.
Yes obviously.

So to clarify. If you are not a library member you to.
  1. Go into the library with ID and proof of address to get a library card
  2. Join Borrow Box.

In contrast, to use RB Digital, you can sign up on Libraries Ireland, and use the temporary number they give you, without ever having to prove your address etc.
errlloyd is offline  
Thanks from:
10-06-2019, 14:05   #19
chonix
Registered User
 
chonix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by errlloyd View Post
Yes obviously.

So to clarify. If you are not a library member you to.
  1. Go into the library with ID and proof of address to get a library card
  2. Join Borrow Box.

In contrast, to use RB Digital, you can sign up on Libraries Ireland, and use the temporary number they give you, without ever having to prove your address etc.
I can confirm that:
- BorrowBox doesn't work with the tempID
- RBDigital does work with the tempID
chonix is offline  
(3) thanks from:
10-06-2019, 14:35   #20
Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo
Registered User
 
Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by chonix View Post
Might be too much to ask to give some directions on where to download the app? (Android, Iphone, etc?) I'd appreciate that (and I guess many of us too) Thanks
They have it for Android, Android Tablet, iPhone, iPad and Fire in their respective play store.

Enter your local Library name, Library card number/barcode and pin number.

Once it's set up you have the service then for at least a year. You might have to physically go in and renew your card.

It's a really good service.
Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-06-2019, 15:20   #21
extra gravy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 11,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjohn01 View Post
Pressreader not available with my local library,very disappointed as it looks like a brilliant service
Same, not available in most locations outside of Dublin from what I can see.
extra gravy is offline  
10-06-2019, 15:21   #22
lucast2007us
Registered User
 
lucast2007us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 744
What's a library?
lucast2007us is offline  
10-06-2019, 16:56   #23
heretothere
Registered User
 
heretothere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 472
I downloaded RB Digital and logged in with a temporary ID. It is only giving me the option to check out magazines. It is because of the area I selected or am I doing something wrong?
heretothere is offline  
10-06-2019, 17:11   #24
chonix
Registered User
 
chonix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by heretothere View Post
I downloaded RB Digital and logged in with a temporary ID. It is only giving me the option to check out magazines. It is because of the area I selected or am I doing something wrong?
Checkout = Check out to add the item into your collection, so you can track it (Read, Download, etc)
chonix is offline  
Advertisement
10-06-2019, 17:20   #25
dulpit
Registered User
 
dulpit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjohn01 View Post
Pressreader not available with my local library,very disappointed as it looks like a brilliant service
Just discovered that Cork City Library not included either, which is a right shame.
dulpit is offline  
10-06-2019, 17:39   #26
Kenny Logins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,506
I have my card number and PIN etc. but just keep getting an unspecified error in BorrowBox.
Kenny Logins is offline  
10-06-2019, 17:59   #27
Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo
Registered User
 
Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,950
https://www.librariesireland.ie/elibrary

This might help some. Pick your locality, enter your number and you should be in your account then.
Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo is offline  
(2) thanks from:
10-06-2019, 18:28   #28
Notoldorwise
Registered User
 
Notoldorwise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Logins
I have my card number and PIN etc. but just keep getting an unspecified error in BorrowBox.

I had the same issue until I realised that there was a blank space between the last 2 digits of my card number.
Notoldorwise is offline  
Thanks from:
10-06-2019, 18:32   #29
Kenny Logins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,506
Yep, cheers. It's just BorrowBox that has an issue with me.
Kenny Logins is offline  
10-06-2019, 19:55   #30
dercunx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Logins
I have my card number and PIN etc. but just keep getting an unspecified error in BorrowBox.

I'm having the same problem. Can't get in.
dercunx is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet