Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Stuff in the photo looks pretty good quality, not sure if that's what you receive or not though !!

Aliexpress operate as a escrow service between you and the seller so they don't get paid until you approve it on receipt of the goods.

I wouldent think the buttons are sanwa or they would have mentioned it, for the buttons it only states:
    8 x High Quality action buttons in Transparent Blue.

Had a few over for beers and played a bit of crimzon clover on projector, incredible game.

dq0v5KZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

A "CPS2 Multigame" has just been shown off and will be shipped from May this year, created by Darksoft & Walsdawg.

Looks like you will be able to run all released ROMs, so if you have a wall covered in CPS2 game boards you could in theory flog them and cover the cost of this board easily :D
    All ROMs seem like they will work but it isn't cheap but you get what you pay for. The video isn't of the final version which will have daughter boards with the LCD display mounted on aboard along with the buttons.
    $300+shipping or £217 and shipped within the UK (unsure of shipping to Ireland) but if you have a stack of CPS2.
    It seems like it will be a very limited run initially, he has the parts for 180 and 2 days ago 140 of those had already been pre-ordered :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Very interesting project alright, would be nice combined with a consolised CPS2.

Says he's only going to do two runs as well - although that could just be a bit of marketing..

If I still had a candy I'd be on that like a cheap suit.
    He says he's doing a neogeo cart next.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If I still had a candy I'd be on that like a cheap suit.
    He says he's doing a neogeo cart next.

Hasn't the realm of NeoGeo multicarts been well covered and cloned to death?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hasn't the realm of NeoGeo multicarts been well covered and cloned to death?

Not really,
    Alot of games are not on the multicarts,
    and the ones that are come with 60 versions of crappy fighters :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've been using one of those multicarts for a little while now and I won't lie, it really is great...but yeah, there are loads of games missing.

The hacks really do my head in too. Such a shame you can't disable them from the menu :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I'm guessing if that lad does make a multi-cart it will be more like a flash-cart. SDCard, throw on the ROMs and select from a menu meaning you don't load on the clones and throw on the games which aren't on the normal china multicarts.
    I have a CPS2 board on the floor in my 'office' - I must find a new home for it or bin it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Apparently there's a secret Outrun tune

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Apparently there's a secret Outrun tune

Fixed that for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

My arcade artwork site now has a fairly decent collection of vector images, for those in the need of them :)
    I've added 1400+ vectors today on top of the 51000+ non vector images that are already there.

http://www.arcadeartwork.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Steve X2 wrote: »
    My arcade artwork site now has a fairly decent collection of vector images, for those in the need of them :)
    I've added 1400+ vectors today on top of the 51000+ non vector images that are already there.

http://www.arcadeartwork.ie/
    Great job Steve !

eddhorse wrote: »
    Great job Steve !

Cheers, just doing my bit :)

What the site is lacking now is some proper pinball artwork for restorations and new builds. I've a load of custom pinball stuff but no real original artwork scans :mad:

Cheers, just doing my bit :)

What the site is lacking now is some proper pinball artwork for restorations and new builds. I've a load of custom pinball stuff but no real original artwork scans :mad:

If you had a sideart for a Silverline it would be great too, like this :
    http://i57.tinypic.com/2hrk495.jpg

Did you change your name as well?

eddhorse wrote: »
    If you had a sideart for a Silverline it would be great too, like this :
    http://i57.tinypic.com/2hrk495.jpg

Did you change your name as well?

Dont think I have any silverline artwork. But it looks fairly simple/generic so it'd be easy enough to make up I'd say. IF you come across any decent pics of it(as in centered and good light) I might be able to do up a vector for you.

Yeah I changed from "Steve SI" to "Steve X2", although its not much of a change so people should still know me :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah I changed from "Steve SI" to "Steve X2", although its not much of a change so people should still know me :D

For this you have my thanks, unlike the bunch of other lousers who I now have no idea who they once were!

For this you have my thanks, unlike the bunch of other lousers who I now have no idea who they once were!

I would also like to share my appreciation for that particular name change.

• Advertisement

Dont think I have any silverline artwork. But it looks fairly simple/generic so it'd be easy enough to make up I'd say. IF you come across any decent pics of it(as in centered and good light) I might be able to do up a vector for you.

Thats great Steve.
    I would imburse you for said work.
    Will PM you a pic later (sounds dirty)

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Maybe we should jump on the bandwagon and change our names too?

Gush1o1n and cyberman

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Gush1o1n and cyberman

Excuse you that's CyBeRmAn

I'll have been Upgraded!

No, I'll be staying as I am, or I may ditch the alternate caps, seemed like a smashing idea at the time.
    Though, like Retr0s armpit alien, I have grown attached to it and would miss it if it was gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Though, like Retr0s armpit alien

Do you know, I'll never forget the picture of that. Even now, I can see it if I recall back :(

Myrddin wrote: »
    Do you know, I'll never forget the picture of that. Even now, I can see it if I recall back :(

It was a first and, so far, a last for the A&R forum.
    Oddly, fact fans, in days of old the method for its removal would have been burning the sufferer at the stake.
    The medieval equivalent of nuking the facility from orbit, just to be sure....
    Or leeches, gods they loved their leeches...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I don't know what I missed, but by the sound of it, I don't want to know what I missed!

CiDeRmAn should become ScRuMpYmAn

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Star Lord wrote: »
    I don't know what I missed, but by the sound of it, I don't want to know what I missed!

Correct, you don't want to know and hopefully nobody will dig out the picture either! It's one thing seeing a pic of him in a schoolgirl outfit, another thing altogether seeing the kinds of life forms that grow in his dark regions! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Star Lord wrote: »

It quite literally is a case of what's seen cannot ever be unseen :(

Advertisement