Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

That_Guy wrote: »
    Was chatting to a girl over the weekend on POF. All was going well until the crazies took hold of her and she went on saying how lonely she was and how I was the last hope for her to ever be in a relationship. :eek:

I sent a message back with the following:

"Meep meep"

2101013-road_runner.jpg

---

Looking back now it was a bit dickish to send that.

Ugh you ass - coffee all over keyboard now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Was chatting to a girl over the weekend on POF. All was going well until the crazies took hold of her and she went on saying how lonely she was and how I was the last hope for her to ever be in a relationship. :eek:

"Meep meep"

2101013-road_runner.jpg

---

Just a bit, sounds a tad bit needy for my liking though.

I'd had a good few instances of quite frequent messages being sent back and forward and then nothing. Anyone experience this ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

"Meep meep"

2101013-road_runner.jpg

---

Oh no! The crazies got to you too! :p Maybe she was just hormonal...I've been known to go off the deep end when I am hormonal- I once cried when George Bush was giving a speech about nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah, it was a bit. But quite a strange/needy thing for someone to say. :confused: Your message may have made her realise this..

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

I was messaging a lad that was 5'9 in his profile....

Who new that 5'9 was the new 5'6?

Also,date tonight.

Eeeep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

KTRIC wrote: »

I'd had a good few instances of quite frequent messages being sent back and forward and then nothing. Anyone experience this ??
    Yes. I have that's why i don't get my hopes when when receiving a message then again i'm not to sure on when to ask her out either because to soon and you're screwed and leave it till later and they'll just dry out so you're screwed also.

I haven't sent any messages to girls at all i just replied to messages i got first.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Regarding the height thing, I'm quite short myself. I haven't measured myself so I just stuck down 5ft 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I might knock 2-3 inches off my profiles recorded height that way if a girl meets me she is pleasantly surprised. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I have a date tomorrow night, a bit worried that conversation will be awkward because he described himself as shy and his messages had a formal tone to them. Hopefully not! I could do with a fun night - someone I had been texting but had only met a couple of times told me today he is emigrating next week and he was the first person in a long time I felt any chemistry with. My heart's not broken or anything like that, I'm just a bit sad about it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

The guy I just stopped seeing was only 5ft 6 but I'm only 5ft 2 so it didn't matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

The guy I just stopped seeing was only 5ft 6 but I'm only 5ft 2 so it didn't matter.

I'm not far off your height, but 5 ft 6 would be the minimum for me, I wouldn't want a guy any shorter than that but max around 6 footish. I prefer taller men!?

I've been honest about my height on dating sites but have had to bump it up by one or two inches if guys started teasing me about my height.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I may have slightly misrepresented my height, I put down 5'8 but thats cus theres was no option for a tall 5'7 :)

doovdela wrote: »
    I'm not far off your height, but 5 ft 6 would be the minimum for me, I wouldn't want a guy any shorter than that but max around 6 footish. I prefer taller men!?

I've been honest about my height on dating sites but have had to bump it up by one or two inches if guys started teasing me about my height.

Why would you limit the height to just 6ft ?

Am I the only guy who has my real height up so ? :p

• Administrators Posts: 53,414 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Nope, mine's real. :P

Whaay *virtual high five*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

KTRIC wrote: »
    Why would you limit the height to just 6ft ?

Neckache I guess :P

Mines also real , I'm 6ft 4 myself but I really like small women, might be a turn off I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Mine is real.

...At least, I think it's real...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I'm 5'5 and love tall men! I wouldn't go for someone who is the same height or shorter.

• Advertisement

Truth be told I'm not sure I get the whole disregarding people because of their height thing - I wouldnt let a womans height be it taller or shorter deter me really.

Granted any woman I've gone out with has been shorter than me so maybe I'm missing something on the taller women ...

I wouldn't go for someone shorter than me either, but then I am 5"4 so chances are that won't happen :P

Maguined wrote: »
    I might knock 2-3 inches off my profiles recorded height that way if a girl meets me she is pleasantly surprised. :cool:

What if the height you stated is what she would have preferred?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

No, I've my real height up too, 5'10, along with my real figure description, which is athletic, along with the fact that I used to be married.

Obviously I'm a short fat axe murderer if you allow for a bit of exaggeration. :rolleyes:

It's becoming obvious that lots/most people lie on their profiles about height, weight, marital status, Job, whatever, along with putting up the one photo ever taken in their lives in which they don't look like a mutant.

I had a date last week with a single mom, who turns out to have a husband who is "moving out soon", although I'd bet he's not aware of this. :eek: This after one the week before with a slim figure who's about a size 22-24. :mad:

What hope is there for those of us who actually shock, horror, tell the fcuking truth !:confused:

My finger is hovering over the delete button.

I really don't get why people lie about their height/weight/age/whatever on these sites. I mean, if you're gonna meet up with someone eventually what's the point? They'll see you anyway... :confused:

johnr1 wrote: »
    No, I've my real height up too, 5'10, along with my real figure description, which is athletic, along with the fact that I used to be married.

Obviously I'm a short fat axe murderer if you allow for a bit of exaggeration. :rolleyes:

It's becoming obvious that lots/most people lie on their profiles about height, weight, marital status, Job, whatever, along with putting up the one photo ever taken in their lives in which they don't look like a mutant.

I had a date last week with a single mom, who turns out to have a husband who is "moving out soon", although I'd bet he's not aware of this. :eek: This after one the week before with a slim figure who's about a size 22-24. :mad:

What hope is there for those of us who actually shock, horror, tell the fcuking truth !:confused:

My finger is hovering over the delete button.

:pac::pac::pac: I'm not sure why but the frustration in this just cracked me up. Anyway, take heart- KingTut, Michael C and a host of others all met people they seem to like who exceeded their expectations so there's hope for you. You just need to go out and buy bucket loads of patience is all. :)

awec wrote: »
    5"4?

You are 5 inches tall? :eek:

Seriously though, 5'4 is not short, is it?

I'm what they call a pocket rocket :P

Nah, but I love my heels, so if I met a guy around my height t'would be a wrench to have to give them up, and I think we'd just look odd together otherwise.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement