Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Bristol 403 (Skellig Ring, Kerry co.)

54dbhf.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

A few pics from my phone, sorry the quality of some, particularly the Sunbeam are not the best...

WP_20150725_20_12_54_Pro_zpsgfj0m8vu.jpg

WP_20150723_13_09_10_Pro_zpshemn4pje.jpg

WP_20150723_13_08_57_Pro_zps8sro7tlu.jpg

WP_20150719_18_11_43_Pro_zpslmwjorq7.jpg

WP_20150719_18_11_54_Pro_zpsm9a3gdkz.jpg

WP_20150725_18_34_21_Pro_zpsy8cvxn8j.jpg

WP_20150725_18_34_08_Pro_zpslxntoeq8.jpg

WP_20150725_18_34_34_Pro_zps1n6pgb6h.jpg

WP_20150718_09_09_22_Pro_zpsrxbmru6o.jpg

WP_20150725_20_05_10_Pro_zps0b82eo7v.jpg

WP_20150718_09_09_27_Pro_zpsuc4yembi.jpg

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Straffan BMW show today -

img_4681.jpg

img_4683.jpg

img_4684.jpg

img_4685.jpg

img_4686.jpg

img_4687.jpg

img_4688.jpg

img_4690.jpg

img_4692.jpg

img_4693.jpg

img_4694.jpg

img_4655.jpg

img_4656.jpg

img_4657.jpg

img_4658.jpg

img_4659.jpg

img_4660.jpg

img_4662.jpg

img_4664.jpg

img_4665.jpg

img_4668.jpg

img_4669.jpg

img_4670.jpg

img_4671.jpg

img_4672.jpg

img_4673.jpg

img_4674.jpg

img_4676.jpg

img_4677.jpg

img_4678.jpg

img_4680.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mikehn

merc%20rear%202.jpg
    Getting my car serviced today and my mech had this Merc that he's selling for a customer 2ltr petrol auto 1984, b half tempted but could'nt live with the colour (or the seat covers but at least they pop off)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Is it an original Irish car, and how much is it? May be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mikehn

I will PM you his number and it might be better if you spoke directly to him.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭w124man

I'd be interested in looking at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

sure that 8 series was the one on wheelers dealers a couple of years back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 taffey

Would I be mad to let this beauty pass €16K

Victoria Cross, Cork

20150730_140654.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The first one would be a very nice sleeper. Looks like a Passat to 99% of people.

iCX35u0.jpg

Qu5itev.jpg

Looks like it's not a classic at all in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Diabhalta wrote: »
    Looks like it's not a classic at all in the first place.

Ah but it will be! When was the last time you seen one?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I love how they made this Phaeton look even more like a Passat than the last gen

• Registered Users Posts: 64,878 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Dades wrote: »
    The first one would be a very nice sleeper. Looks like a Passat to 99% of people.

Very high on my short list for one of my next cars. V8 petrol only though but with Passat and 1.9 TDI badges. Looks like a boggo Passat, but is a handmade Bentley. As much of a factory standard sleeper as there has ever been one

And I'd like to salute dr. Piech who personally made this car possible.

kev1.3s wrote: »

I'm not interested in cars which aren't worth turning around, and this is one of them. What is this? A Passat on steroids? Absolutely not interesting... If I would be filthy rich I would just drive over one in a Hummer (H1 of course... not that joke Chevy Tahoe that says Hummer on it).

or just crush it and set it on fire...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Heard the rumble passing the house and went to investigate...

temporary_zpsmfjnsyuw.jpg

temporary_zpspjrsclsf.jpg

temporary_zpsymmbfulf.jpg

temporary_zpssmvqur5o.jpg

temporary_zpsj3aquo61.jpg

temporary_zpso2rne0vz.jpg

temporary_zpsraaiioh2.jpg

temporary_zpsqgk0ob3c.jpg

temporary_zpslxwmwirv.jpg

temporary_zpsqwurstba.jpg

invest4deepvalue.com

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'm not interested in cars which aren't worth turning around, and this is one of them.
    I'm pretty sure it turns around! In fact it turned onto the Rock Road just after I took that pic. :)
    If I would be filthy rich I would just drive over one in a Hummer (H1 of course... not that joke Chevy Tahoe that says Hummer on it).

or just crush it and set it on fire...
    If I was filthy rich I'd prefer my 'modern' to be anonymous... e.g. something that looks like a Passat, but is in fact a very fast cocoon of hi-tech luxury. Much less chance of envy-related incidents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Do-more wrote: »
    Heard the rumble passing the house and went to investigate...

WOW. Lucky you.

Dades wrote: »
    If I was filthy rich I'd prefer my 'modern' to be anonymous... e.g. something that looks like a Passat, but is in fact a very fast cocoon of hi-tech luxury. Much less chance of envy-related incidents.

Tesla Model S would be a much better sleeper than anything VW produces. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Today.
    Feck it, wrong thread....

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭68deville

Greg81 wrote: »
    WOW. Lucky you.

What a fantastic sight!

I'm not interested in cars which aren't worth turning around, and this is one of them. What is this? A Passat on steroids? Absolutely not interesting... If I would be filthy rich I would just drive over one in a Hummer (H1 of course... not that joke Chevy Tahoe that says Hummer on it).

The VW Pheaton is an incredible piece of kit and I get picked up in one every time I go to our London office. We have three of them and one has over 350,000 miles on it - which is why we bought another two. Long wheel base, 4x4 and as luxurious as they come. Saying its a Passat on steroids shows total ignorance of things automotive and particularly VW. The Audi A8 and Pheaton are two different ways of doing the same thing by the second largest car company in the world. Also underneath one of the best known car brands in the world is a Pheaton - the Bentley Continental ..... What did VW do to you to have such a childish attitude towards them?

w124man wrote: »
    The VW Pheaton is an incredible piece of kit and I get picked up in one every time I go to our London office. We have three of them and one has over 350,000 miles on it - which is why we bought another two. Long wheel base, 4x4 and as luxurious as they come. Saying its a Passat on steroids shows total ignorance of things automotive and particularly VW. The Audi A8 and Pheaton are two different ways of doing the same thing by the second largest car company in the world. Also underneath one of the best known car brands in the world is a Pheaton - the Bentley Continental ..... What did VW do to you to have such a childish attitude towards them?

They're all just boring yokes. Unlike Opel they built something at least a bit cool (Corrado and Scirroco). The whole VW production is plain boring. Same goes to Audi (Quattro was cool). Design is dull, making the cars average and not exactly special (no matter what's under the bonnet). Vast majority of them are FWD, cars for the masses really. Some fancy limo with zillion hp won't change anything (at least in my eyes). Few cars should be preserved for future generations, but that's pretty much it.

Saw a silver Audi R8 today in Cork... sounds cool but that's all. Not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

kev1.3s wrote: »

Earlier today :p

In fact I've seen 3 randomly over the past week. I'd have one. Smart design, great engineering and the attention to detailing just makes my day. Seriously, a VW pinnacle

• Registered Users Posts: 14,333 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Nice wedding car in Roscommon yesterday. It's a rare Executive model with
    sunroof, leather and wood door cappings. As I was taking the pics the Ferrari California drove into the carpark. Not yet a classic but just wait!

All in all an unexpected bonus in a hotel carpark on a Thursday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

They're all just boring yokes. Unlike Opel they built something at least a bit cool (Corrado and Scirroco). The whole VW production is plain boring. Same goes to Audi (Quattro was cool). Design is dull, making the cars average and not exactly special (no matter what's under the bonnet). Vast majority of them are FWD, cars for the masses really. Some fancy limo with zillion hp won't change anything (at least in my eyes). Few cars should be preserved for future generations, but that's pretty much it.

Saw a silver Audi R8 today in Cork... sounds cool but that's all. Not impressed.
    That's nearly all car company's these days!
    I don't really get Audi either and I'm no VW fan, I always seen audi as a posh VW but the phaeton is a posh VW, a car that was born out of vanity and a power struggle between VW and BMW which resulted in the breaking up of rolls Royce and Bentley and also the rover group.
    Looks like a big Passat but it represents so much more, a definite future classic

• Advertisement

Definitely in the W12 and V10 TDi models. Two for sale on Pistonheads at the moment

Advertisement