Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Polish drivers must be on lunatic juice - rules of the road are just a suggestion there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭kirving

This truck had no intention of waiting for a safe place to pass the JCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭theintern

Last night. Still can't work this one out. It's a very obvious and busy roundabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

One of those many drivers probably a learner that follows the if I don't look at them they aren't there approach. :rolleyes:

That could've been very nasty if you hadn't been switched on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

they braked , but then decided f*ck it ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Couple of dashcam compilations. Haven't uploaded in wee while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,721 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

A fairly boring compilation of bits from the last few months.
    Featuring red light breakers, a d1ckhead in a Passat ,and other random boring stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Featuring red light breakers, a d1ckhead in a Passat ,and other random boring stuff.

I enjoyed that. Most of the places I used to spend a lot of time in, and haven't been there for many years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Most of the Aussie ones cant even dry in the wet. Definitely will find snow impossible.

Reminds me, Must order a takeaway tonight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭boardz

Should these cyclists have joined the cycle lane? Genuine question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

boardz wrote: »

But then they wouldn't be blocking the road

Looks like they did after the excuse of a shared footpath but if you're asking are they required to then the answer is no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭sundodger5

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Looks like they did after the excuse of a shared footpath but if you're asking are they required to then the answer is no.

And that is the problem. If a cycle lane exists it should be compulsory to use it.

• Advertisement

sundodger5 wrote: »
    And that is the problem. If a cycle lane exists it should be compulsory to use it.

No, not specifically you but your mentality is the problem. Are you calling that 100m of shared footpath a cycle lane? What was this driver held up for maybe 30s if even

I'm both a driver and cyclist and I always find it amazing how some drivers pontificate from their angelic soap boxes. Do I find these large groups irritating myself? at times yes I do but they've every right to be there as much as it might irritate me. I completely understand why they wouldn't use those excuses for cycle lanes, with their adhoc nature they either dead end or fire you back out onto the main road anyway.

I'm sure all cyclists would only be delighted if they had a specific and functional cycle system away from cars but alas there isn't one.

I'll leave this now as these things usually only go one direction and it becomes a slagging match by those that can't hold a reasonable conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Ye the analogy here would be a dual carriageway where the driving lane is so full of potholes you would need to drive at around 20kmph, Vs the overtaking lane that had no holes. You must keep left, right? But would you? Not a chance.

In this case tho, it looked also inconvenient because there was a group.

But no harm done really is what I say in these cases.

This should probably go in its own thread, because anything cycling related tends to run on and on and on..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Well, they could start by going single file at least.
    Shared cycle\foot path is an invention by an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,227 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Good to see the cycle lane and path on the opposite side being put to good use :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

Unfortunately that's not the case.

Cycling alone I'd use the cycle lane........cycling in a group that 35km per hour.....no way I'd be on the cycle lane.

As for a single file.......takes longer to pass 8 cyclists cycling single file than 8 cyclists cycling 2 abreast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

inforfun wrote: »

Single file would make it more difficult to overtake, that should be fairly obvious. I've had groups single up on some country roads when I'd preferred if they stayed grouped as it lengthens the time it would take to get by, and if the road is winding you'll have less over taking opportunities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

Here we go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

inforfun wrote: »

It is safer for both the motorist and cyclists to stay in a group rather than single file

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It is safer for both the motorist and cyclists to stay in a group rather than single file

It is definitely safer for both cyclists and the motorist to stay apart, starting from this thread.

See you in a week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The commentary from about 8 mins onward is hilarious, Geordie man definitely gives Aussie man a run for his money.

Nothing too hectic...

What happened?

fritzelly wrote: »
    What happened?
    I meant to say don't blink while viewing

I meant to say don't blink while viewing

I think you'll need to give us more of a clue?

fritzelly wrote: »
    What happened?

Presumably the gob****e in the citroen cutting across oncoming traffic.

• Advertisement

I thought it might be, but played it back, wasn't sure and started looking for random stuff in the background!

kenmm wrote: »
    I thought it might be, but played it back, wasn't sure and started looking for random stuff in the background!

Yeah not sure what the Audi tag is there for?

Yeah not sure what the Audi tag is there for?

Yes, exactly!

Oops twas indeed a citroen not an audi..my bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Watch the car on the left not sure what to make of this one ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭kirving

This guy breaks the red light nearly knocks down the two girls who had a green, and then rolls backward riding the clutch and nearly hits them again.

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Watch the car on the left not sure what to make of this one ..

Cash for crash - cannot think of any other reason for what happened tho not something you should be doing with an artic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭bladespin

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Advertisement

I'd hardly call the taxi a red light runner - a bit of creeping - Id'd rather more people done that and be prepared for light changes than sitting finishing the text message they are sending or sailing through what mist have been a solid red like the other car..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Person stops at stop sign but doesn't bother looking to their right.

TWO in navan tonight less than 5 mins apart, excuse royalty free music to drown out the radio for copyright strike....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭McCrack

jimmynokia wrote: »
    TWO in navan tonight less than 5 mins apart, excuse royalty free music to drown out the radio for copyright strike....

You're doing 120 indicated speed on the motorway which probably is 112 -115 in real terms which is okay - RR obviously speeding overtaking you - why feel compelled to start flashing at it in some outrage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Been a crack down here on vehicles not giving way to pedestrians on zebra crossings. The system is really messed up as both drivers and pedestrians have a green light at the majority of crossings which is extremely dangerous.

The guy on the right in front of the police bike at the start of the clip actually has right of way, although he chooses not to use it, as the crossing in front of me has no lights at all, not even a flashing orange to let you know there is no red for him.

The cop is hiding out for a bust on the pedestrian crossing as they've obviously been given a quota for crackdown and ignores the more dangerous scooter driving the wrong way down the street...Sound in the video would be better as it includes the siren when making the bust but it would also include my 4 year olds diatribe and no one needs that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Haven't been driving much since the lockdown, here's a few clips, nothing major..

1:45 at Scotch Hall there same **** nearly every time I pass it theres a clown on the inside looking to get out.

The one of the cyclist being left hooked at Tesco reminds me to have a look on card to see if I still have the one where I turned in there and had someone driving against me ( It's entry only there ) a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

1:45 at Scotch Hall there same **** nearly every time I pass it theres a clown on the inside looking to get out.

The one of the cyclist being left hooked at Tesco reminds me to have a look on card to see if I still have the one where I turned in there and had someone driving against me ( It's entry only there ) a few weeks ago.

On Scotch Hall....Not 10 mins ago had a pr1ck in a Golf fly up the left lane and squeeze into the right hand lane before the lights.

The left lane needs to made left turn only......to cut all that sh1t out.

The left hook on the cyclist at Tesco is pathetic. Had this happen to me at DCU a few months ago @ about 6.30am I went nuts at the driver and she just couldnt get what my problem was. Have had the happen plenty of other times to

In both these cases as well as the white van driver and the car turning right onto the Dublin Road......there is a complete inability of forward thinking or inability to read the road or absolutely no patience or they just don't care.

Any software for bulk removing sound from videos? I have heaps of them from before the start of lockdown until now but there's too many to do them individually, and VLC doesn't do it properly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement