Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chippers/Takeaways in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

irish-stew wrote: »
    I used to rule at the pizza hut buffet when i had an unlimited metabolism. I'm just disapointed that they dont deliver, their pizza beat dominos, four star, and sorry greetings, robertos all but together.

Got a nice any pizza any size for ten quid delivered last week in Galway,was serious.
    The pizza at the buffet isn't as nice as one you actually order on the menu.
    And they're not as good as Gusto's,they even beat Roberto's.

I used to rule at the pizza hut buffet when i had an unlimited metabolism. I'm just disapointed that they dont deliver, their pizza beat dominos, four star, and sorry greetings, robertos all but together.

Mate of mine ate 33 slices one day. My record is about 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

greetings wrote: »
    Mate of mine ate 33 slices one day. My record is about 20.

:eek:

cant quite remember what my record was, something like 17 or 18 slices, 6 or so peices of garlic bread, a salad bowl and 2 bowls from the ice cream factory

pizza hut in england used to include garlic bread, salad, and for an extra quid or two ice cream in their buffets.

Oh Christ,there is a heaven. I quite like the pasta. I used to get the ice cream until they stopped putting chocolate buttons in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

i went up to pizza hut today for the all you can eat buffet.
    it is good value all you cant eat and drink for 9.98
    food is decent enough, i dont think the pizza are as nice as bistro,dominos,robertos,but much better than 4 star.happy enough i will return

• Advertisement

The pizza is far better if you're actually ordering one off the menu than during the buffet. But I like it anyway,and for that price you can't complain too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I ate once in Pizza Hut. I thought the food was absolute muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭locomo

I ate once in Pizza Hut. I thought the food was absolute muck.

+1. I ate once in it too. It was alsolute muck, you are right. The chef(s) must keep all the toppings ( chicken , ham etc ) and eat them themselves, because there was only a few odd crumbs of them on the various pizzas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I like Pizza Hut. The only problem I have with the buffet is that often you are kept waiting for the pizza because it isn't ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I've had pizza in Pizza Hut. With Magnumlady. Beat that n00bs. :cool:

Btw OFF TOPIC!! Pizza discussions have no place in a Best Chipper thread.

• Advertisement

Come to the beers in a couple of weeks, and you can have a beer with me, irish-stew. You as well Magnumlady.

;)

I'll let it slide, its all takeaway food.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'm not a pub person, but if I can make the beers I will.

I've just slapped myself for going off topic.:p

Come to the beers in a couple of weeks, and you can have a beer with me, irish-stew.

I would do but I'll be too busy trolling the Sligo forum.

magnumlady wrote: »
    I'm not a pub person, but if I can make the beers I will.

I've just slapped myself for going off topic.:p
    I would do but I'll be too busy trolling the Sligo forum.

Lawl rofling lmaoing.

Lawl rofling lmaoing.

*performs Heimlich manouvre manovere manoover*

*thumps greetings*

*performs Heimlich manouvre manovere manoover*

*thumps greetings*

*Falls to the ground in tears*

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

does anyone else think Molly's chips have changed since they moved from the old place? like its a different oil in the fryers (or maybe just new fryers)

Still like Molly's anyway but borzas is better, battered mars bar is hands down the best once every six months reminder of how healthy you really are over the rest of the year!!
    And the shop they run in Ardee is also just as good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

wolf99 wrote: »
    does anyone else think Molly's chips have changed since they moved from the old place? like its a different oil in the fryers (or maybe just new fryers)

Still like Molly's anyway but borzas is better, battered mars bar is hands down the best once every six months reminder of how healthy you really are over the rest of the year!!
    And the shop they run in Ardee is also just as good :)

I haven't been to Molly's in years and we went to them for years. Too greasy and not the same generally.

I haven't been to Molly's in years and we went to them for years. Too greasy and not the same generally.

I still like Molly's,they do a good chicken fillet burger.

I still like Molly's,they do a good chicken fillet burger.

I'm vegetarian so I couldn't comment, only on their chips, which aren't as nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fuzzdog

Hi everyone, I just discovered this interesting forum. I see a wide variety of critisicms on the fast food outlets....most are good while some are not so good. Well it is an individual choice really...I love chips and I have to say that Molly's are not quite the same since the new place opened but having said that I still love them:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

felafel kebab from the place beside where chartbusters was in tesco carpark. hommanahommana. Add in their curly fries and its a good night in :)

felafel kebab from the place beside where chartbusters was in tesco carpark. hommanahommana. Add in their curly fries and its a good night in :)

Was in town tonight and remembered your post, so went to Surf and Turf around the corner (lost as usual :rolleyes:). Wanted vegetarian so looked in vain for falafel but no sign, so got a veggie burger with everything, chips and coke for €5. Gorgeous, lovely fresh salad, and more than half of it left in front of me, it was HUGE.

Was in town tonight and remembered your post, so went to Surf and Turf around the corner (lost as usual :rolleyes:). Wanted vegetarian so looked in vain for falafel but no sign, so got a veggie burger with everything, chips and coke for €5. Gorgeous, lovely fresh salad, and more than half of it left in front of me, it was HUGE.

Surf and Turf is the best chipper in the town.

Wow I noticed this place before I left, looking forward to calling in a few times over the Xmas when I get home! Thanks for the tip! Falafel!!

Just had a happy eater, first time in ages.

Nyom Nyom.

Ps, Have surf n' turf closed. They were my first choice but shutters were down.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 495 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Same as that

Went to surf and Turf today for the first time in ages and it was all closed up - I had to come home and cook instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

The lads in the house went into Sligo Kebab House during the week, said it's the best kebab in sligo.

Big fan of Robertos meself, can't beat the chips and battered sausage for 3 euro during the week.

KFC gone a bit to **** IMO.

I heard that Surf and Turf were closing,what a pity,best chipper in the town.

Best kebab is probably Roberto's,but for size Sligo Kebab House but it isn't half as nice,or as good as Zam Zam's.

• Advertisement

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I heard that Surf and Turf were closing,what a pity,best chipper in the town.

Best kebab is probably Roberto's,but for size Sligo Kebab House but it isn't half as nice,or as good as Zam Zam's.

Have not been in zams zams in ages. Sligo Kebab house for me now. They really are the size of a small child.

Advertisement