Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Emotional Manipulation

• 14-02-2012 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi all can anyone help give me some perspective on an incident. I ordered calanders from a charity back in November 2011 and i had to keep chasing the lady who had a range of excuses from not getting my mesages to stating she replied when she hadnt and then she was to post them to me etc and then she stated when i asked if she had posted them yet that she was around where i live and asked people and she said my neighbours didnt know me.

Anyway this eventually came to an end after a few emails where i was nice but firm and asked to tell me one way or another if i was going to get them as its now feburary, i bought the calanders with the plan on giving them as christmas gifts..

So i then get a message saying how she had delivered the calanders on her way to say good bye to a friend in st lukes hospital. Why do some people go on like this? is it a form of emotional manipulation? i hate that she's trying to make me feel like the bad guy. I have seen another person doing similar using cancer, i say to them we all have our loads to carry and i wouldnt put that on another person..

Has anyone any ideas why people do this and could it be described as emotional manipulation or what would you call it. Anyone else any similar stories.

Im a type of person who always keeps their word and like to threat people how i like to be treated so perhaps that is why this bugs me. Its funny the people who dont give a damn seem to get on better in life..

Have a good day eveyone : )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I would ignore the emotional manipulation, eg.

You: Hi, have you got my calenders?
    Her: Ill drop them by on my way to sayinf goodbye to my granny who's been mauled to half death by a giant gorilla.
    You: okay, see you this evening then.

No sign this evening?

You: Hi, since Ive paid for calenders I've not recieved I would like a refund.
    Her: My granny died
    You: sorry to hear that, when can I collect my refund

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Tell her that seeing as you didn't receive the calendars you are concerned whether there has been a misappropriation of money given in good faith to a charity and see what she has to say to that. Or else just mention Joe Duffy :D

Advertisement