Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arseholes that park on the pavement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

SV wrote: »
    plenty of people drive around you without their lights on in the dark whilst it's raining?
    ah stop now would ya, you're clutching at straws.

not everything is perfect, no, but it certainly has the illusion of being perfect compared to the absolute shíte that some people complain about on here.

What straws am I clutching at ? Pedestrian can't use the footpath because it's blocked by Illegal Parking at a Dark and wet time and you think it's not dangerous,,, now me thinks you're the one clutching at something, and it's not straws

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

uch wrote: »
    What straws am I clutching at ? Pedestrian can't use the footpath because it's blocked by Illegal Parking at a Dark and wet time and you think it's not dangerous,,, now me thinks you're the one clutching at something, and it's not straws

Your claim that plenty of people go around where you are without lights on at night, I think you just made it up to suit the argument.

There's an insinuation and a half, go on, what am I clutching at? You don't actually have anything to say here do you? You can PM it if you want, I swear I won't be offended!

Nah I don't think it's dangerous at all. I think knives and guns in irresponsible hands are dangerous, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Bullseye1 wrote: »

I assume you mean parents and child spaces or are fathers not allowed to park in these?
    f.f.s!!

Nah I don't think it's dangerous at all. I think knives and guns in irresponsible hands are dangerous, though.

In fairness a box of matches is dangerous in the right hands but what has your point got to do with people parking on footpaths ?

21/25

In fairness a box of matches is dangerous in the right hands but what has your point got to do with people parking on footpaths ?

You appear to be shocked that I don't find this dangerous so I thought I'd let you know what I do find dangerous is all.

• Advertisement

You appear to be shocked that I don't find this dangerous so I thought I'd let you know what I do find dangerous is all.

Grand so, Blocking a Footpath isn't,, we'll leave it at that so, I'll gracefully back down from this now as there's no educating some people

21/25

the_syco wrote: »
    I park responsibly, but if I caught someone knocking the mirror off my car, I'd probably use them as a punch bag.
    i live in an estate with a long grass verge.next to this is a wide concrete footpath..next to this is a black tarmac cycle lane.marked..and de-lignated with two lane cycle symbols...YET cnuts drive up on to and park/abandon cars on these lanes that are CLEARLY marked cycle lanes.....lets just say for example..im on the cycle lane my kid on the back of my bike. and i dont see your car in the dark your car is illegally parked on the cycle path..what happens to you/your car?

Grand so, Blocking a Footpath isn't,, we'll leave it at that so, I'll gracefully back down from this now as there's no educating some people

You haven't really made any kind of attempt to 'educate' at all.
    Every single point you've tried to make has been refuted, not that you really made any kind of point.

but anyway, laters ;)

Maudi wrote: »
    i live in an estate with a long grass verge.next to this is a wide concrete footpath..next to this is a black tarmac cycle lane.marked..and de-lignated with two lane cycle symbols...YET cnuts drive up on to and park/abandon cars on these lanes that are CLEARLY marked cycle lanes.....lets just say for example..im on the cycle lane my kid on the back of my bike. and i dont see your car in the dark your car is illegally parked on the cycle path..what happens to you/your car?

Nothing would happen to him, but you would probably get hopped off the car and may end up hurting yourself unless you went around the car.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 cruderbeef

You would go cycling at night with a child on the back of tbe bicycle and no light on the front with eyesight so poor that you cannot discern large objects within the stopping distance of a bicycle?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Parking on the footpath, very annoying.

Parking in the middle of the road however....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sure just bring a torch with you:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Wheelchair people??

Good point.

Whatever about someone who is able to (take their chances) and walk around the cars blocking the path. This is much more difficult for someone with limited mobility. Even just getting on or off the footpath can be problematic.

I wasn't until I saw a friend who has a sibling in a wheelchair having problems with this that the penny really dropped with me, up until this point it never occured to me what an inconvenience (to put it mildly) this could be.

cruderbeef wrote: »
    You would go cycling at night with a child on the back of tbe bicycle and no light on the front with eyesight so poor that you cannot discern large objects within the stopping distance of a bicycle.not sure what you is implying son.but if they is up on a bicycle lane with their/your car and i dont see you whilst you is parked on a cycle lane..and i crash into you on my bicycle.well then yes..you is in a whole heap of trouble son..

EmptyTree wrote: »
    Good point.

Whatever about someone who is able to (take their chances) and walk around the cars blocking the path. This is much more difficult for someone with limited mobility. Even just getting on or off the footpath can be problematic.

I wasn't until I saw a friend who has a sibling in a wheelchair having problems with this that the penny really dropped with me, up until this point it never occured to me what an inconvenience (to put it mildly) this could be.

Agreed.

I often take out a relative with a custom wheelchair. Cars parked on the footpath mean we have to turn back unless there just happens to be a ramping at the edge of the pavement. Her wheelchair means its impossible for me to manoeuvre it off a normal kerb.

I think people who park on the pavement are the worst kind of selfish morons possible. They have no idea how they inconvenience someone in a chair, or possibly they do and just don't give a ****. The road is for cars, not the pavement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 cruderbeef

You would go cycling at night with a child on the back of tbe bicycle and no light on the front with eyesight so poor that you cannot discern large objects within the stopping distance of a bicycle.not sure what you is implying son.but if they is up on a bicycle lane with their/your car and i dont see you whilst you is parked on a cycle lane..and i crash into you on my bicycle.well then yes..you is in a whole heap of trouble son..
    Why? What would you do about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jd80

Group 4 security parked in a disabled bay in Tesco the other day.

Took pictures - sending to G4s HQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

councils/corpos strategically position their disabled bays @ atms, post offices and the like, only for able-bodied asshóles to use them for their own convenience, "i'll only be a minute".....dickhéad.

Why? What would you do about it?
    ppfftt!!

razorgil wrote: »
    councils/corpos strategically position their disabled bays @ atms, post offices and the like, only for able-bodied asshóles to use them for their own convenience, "i'll only be a minute".....dickhéad.

Yeah - at this Tesco there is an ATM.

The G4S was parked here as it was near the door - so nice and lazy for them. I got htere at 15:50 and at 16:10 they were still there.

Another day I saw all four of five bays used by able bodied people - most of which went to the ATM and then into the store

• Advertisement

jd80 wrote: »
    Yeah - at this Tesco there is an ATM.

The G4S was parked here as it was near the door - so nice and lazy for them. I got htere at 15:50 and at 16:10 they were still there.

Another day I saw all four of five bays used by able bodied people - most of which went to the ATM and then into the store

yeah, tesco should have the authority to clamp the shít outta anyone who parks in these spots who shouldn't

ppfftt!!

the internet warrior is strong in this one.

Admit it, you wouldn't do a single thing but get hopped off the car and probably injure yourself.

A few times I said it to them but hey say the car park has nothing to do with them

I note some cars in other shopping areas have disabled stickers but I do not see any disabled getting in or out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

A few times I said it to them but hey say the car park has nothing to do with them

I note some cars have disabled stickers but I do not see any disabled getting in or out

how do you know they aren't disabled?

I note some cars have disabled stickers but I do not see any disabled getting in or out

You can't always tell by looking at someone if they're entitled to a disability sticker.

A good friend has arthritis in most of her joints and can walk apparently normally, but only over very sort distances. I don't begrudge people like that a space in a disabled bay, just the able bodied lazy sods who can't walk ten metres or less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

I note some cars in other shopping areas have disabled stickers but I do not see any disabled getting in or out

Invisibility is the worst disability.

indough wrote: »

if they are disabled, they would have their parking permit displayed, i hope

indough wrote: »

Well I see them getting in and out of the car without any problems, driving away without any problem. Does not appear to be any physical disabilty.

Could be that they have a family member who is not with them on that day who is disabled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

Well I see them getting in and out of the car without any problems, driving away without any problem. Does not appear to be any physical disabilty.

Could be that they have a family member who is not with them on that day who is disabled

they may have a less obvious disability, no point assuming the worst

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

tiny timy wrote: »
    That and those who park in handicap and mother and child spaces. drives me mad!

I park in those all the time. Doesn't bother me in the slightest tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement