Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Options

Comments

Folks, since moving to GoMo i've got a new voicemail system.I never used voicemail in the past and simply deactivated it.

Now i have one that doesnt actually seem to play my recorded "you have reached kkv" message, instead it just goes straight to the voicemail without telling anyone. so all my voice mails are people saying "hello... hello..?" and hanging up.

I have tried to deactivate it but no luck so far. Anyone got any hints or tips? Im sick of having to ring voicemail to get that feckin 'you have a new voicemail' notification off the screen. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Folks, since moving to GoMo i've got a new voicemail system.I never used voicemail in the past and simply deactivated it.

Now i have one that doesnt actually seem to play my recorded "you have reached kkv" message, instead it just goes straight to the voicemail without telling anyone. so all my voice mails are people saying "hello... hello..?" and hanging up.

I have tried to deactivate it but no luck so far. Anyone got any hints or tips? Im sick of having to ring voicemail to get that feckin 'you have a new voicemail' notification off the screen. :o
    Exactly the same with me!
    Ten Pin wrote: »
    Dial ##002# to cancel all diverts.

Good to know, Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I have to say that this well rounded GoMo plan is proving invaluable in these difficult times.

Having the free phone calls is one aspect that I'm using now more than ever. And I can see that increasing over the coming weeks/months (unfortunately).

Thanks OP. And thanks GoMo.

Stay safe everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

biebiebie wrote: »
    I have to say that this well rounded GoMo plan is proving invaluable in these difficult times.

Having the free phone calls is one aspect that I'm using now more than ever. And I can see that increasing over the coming weeks/months (unfortunately).

Thanks OP. And thanks GoMo.

Stay safe everyone.

Unless your porting failed and there is no staff, apparently, to fix it :( They have gone dark since March 13th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

RangeR wrote: »
    Unless your porting failed and there is no staff, apparently, to fix it :( They have gone dark since March 13th.

Ordered a SIM yesterday, wonder if there are delays shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Irish Kev wrote: »
    Ordered a SIM yesterday, wonder if there are delays shipping

As of now,there shouldn't be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I've just realised mine is the same.
    I was wondering why I was getting "hello" voicemails.

Can't seem to find a way to re-record.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

blade1 wrote: »
    As of now,there shouldn't be.

Arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Anyone hit the 80GB limit this month yet? Just wondering if in the circumstances if they are still applying it and what happens if you hit the 80??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Not yet but getting closer to it. We'll see soon what the speeds are like then.

Cheers,
    M

I hit the 80gb limit a week ago, speeds are throttled by the usual amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Ocer

hit the limit today, speed drop to 200kbps, change to another gomo sim :)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

Ocer wrote: »

any way of seeing how much data you have used? Im using an old router so it doesnt have the capability to tell me

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

What are the speeds like before hitting the limit? I know it depends on location a lot, but in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

What are the speeds like before hitting the limit? I know it depends on location a lot, but in general?

50mbps or so 6kms from limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Anywhere between 5G and unusable depending on your location.

paul-2008 wrote: »
    any way of seeing how much data you have used? Im using an old router so it doesnt have the capability to tell me

Not on Gomo's side, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I get a usable 3-6Mbps in most rural places to be fair. Urban settings I get 20-50Mbps. It isn't as good as VF but plenty of speed for mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Can you log into the router, if you put 192.168.1.1 into browser address bar you should have access to the router, you can then set up the wifi to calculate usage from the 1st of each month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Ocer

TheDriver wrote: »
    I get a usable 3-6Mbps in most rural places to be fair. Urban settings I get 20-50Mbps. It isn't as good as VF but plenty of speed for mobile.

same~

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭lau1247

The router I have can receive messages. I think Gomo send you a warning after you hit a percentage of the limit. So pretty much just need to check that.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭peking97

Ocer wrote: »

I see the Gomo site advises that you can have a max of two SIM's per account.
    Why would one need a second SIM card? Would it have the same phone number like a clone of the first SIM or what? Doesn't really apply to me just curious as to why there would ever be a need for a second SIM card on one account. Apologies if this is off-topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

peking97 wrote: »
    I see the Gomo site advises that you can have a max of two SIM's per account.
    Why would one need a second SIM card? Would it have the same phone number like a clone of the first SIM or what? Doesn't really apply to me just curious as to why there would ever be a need for a second SIM card on one account. Apologies if this is off-topic.

You could have one, your partner the other, both paid from the same bank account.
    The two sims are unrelated to each other, different Ph No's Sim identity etc.

Makes it handy also where parents want the kids have phones and paid from the parents account.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Is 5G still working? Any more 5G reception/speed reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hi, folks. Can anyone tell me how much does a call to a UK mobile cost with Gomo?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Hi, folks. Can anyone tell me how much does a call to a UK mobile cost with Gomo?
    23.37c/min

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Prob.that was answered 1000's times but can I use Revolut or Curve?I might give them a go in April

Prob.that was answered 1000's times but can I use Revolut or Curve?I might give them a go in April

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Tried setting up in October, wouldn't accept Revolut then, used D card instead.
    Got a second SIM in January for modem and had usable 6-7mbps then, last month or so it has dropped to as low as 0.6mbps.
    Unusable, so back to 3 for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement