Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Running electricity from a mobile home park!

2»

Comments

Well, ya misquoted me!
    Absorption gas fridges are woeful.
    Propane is a more efficient heat source than electric given that elecetricity is probably a gas turbine with conversion and transmission losses.

It's pretty easy to run a compressor fridge with solar power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

salad17 wrote: »
    I think you're right, definitely worth asking. Road is pretty busy in the summer, but slow moving traffic. About 100metres from the truck to the central office of the campsite.

Which campsite are you thinking of?

Ballyheigue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

elperello wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

Your post confirms that the road is public.

There is no way you will get permission to put a live cable across a public road.

The local authority will not allow it.

My advice is to forget it and concentrate on other options.

Tis almost like you're hellbent on fearmongering the absolute sh1te out of it before he tries it and nothing happens.

I really don't understand boards fearmongers. What motivates them? Sitting in their armchair feeling sorry for themselves trying to drag anyone with a bit of go in them down with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Detour.

Tis almost like you're hellbent on fearmongering the absolute sh1te out of it before he tries it and nothing happens.

I really don't understand boards fearmongers. What motivates them? Sitting in their armchair feeling sorry for themselves trying to drag anyone with a bit of go in them down with them.

OP is looking for a connection without the connection costs

You'd want a stake in the business to make it worthwhile supplying electricity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭elperello

What part of my advice to the OP are you disagreeing with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

What fear mongering? It's illegal to run a live cable across a road like that. Whatever about safety the op will get reported and have to disconnect the cable and he's then stuck with no power. Op asked a simple question and the answer is also simple. Now he knows and can look into something feasible.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭salad17

Well, ya misquoted me!
    Absorption gas fridges are woeful.
    Propane is a more efficient heat source than electric given that elecetricity is probably a gas turbine with conversion and transmission losses.

It's pretty easy to run a compressor fridge with solar power.

I was quoting someone else actually, but I can see it took the name out for some reason.

Well my coffee machine supplier has said the machine I'm ordering can be hooked up with gas and then would just need 300W to run the basic electronic controls. So that would be the bulk of the power taken care of

Detour. wrote: »
    OP is looking for a connection without the connection costs

You'd want a stake in the business to make it worthwhile supplying electricity

I would be happy to pay the connection costs, but because we are not a bricks and mortar building it seems, from this thread, that getting connected directly would be impossible anyway.

Ballyheigue

Nope not ballyheigue I'm afraid!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

salad17 wrote: »
    I would be happy to pay the connection costs, but because we are not a bricks and mortar building it seems, from this thread, that getting connected directly would be impossible anyway.

I don't think this is correct. A caravan park need not be a bricks and mortar either yet it can have a connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

2011 wrote: »
    I don't think this is correct. A caravan park need not be a bricks and mortar either yet it can have a connection.

Call ESB and ask them for a pole connection to a van.

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Call ESB and ask them for a pole connection to a van.

I have contacted ESB and filled out the form so will see how that goes.

I know this is a bit of a long shot though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

2011 wrote: »

Any I have visit tend to have an office, kitchen bathrooms with showers and laundry facilities

It may only be one building but fixed none the less

Advertisement