Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General A&R Cool Videos Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Myrddin wrote: »
    Retron 5 Review

So the Retron 5 is an OUYA, except you cant play roms on it!!
    It partially dumps the game rom to internal memory and then runs it on emulators and in doing so you cannot use any saves from the cart or save back to the cart.
    Not liking this at all.
    Gamester81 is fairly nice about it(he's a bit too sponsored these days if you ask me), but its a turd of a system.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

waveform wrote: »
    This is one for Dr. Bob!

A non-Vectrex video this time from the awesome Vectrex Roli!
    (*Psst*, he's on facebook under the same name if anyone fancies adding him!)

Hurray!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Steve SI wrote: »
    So the Retron 5 is an OUYA, except you cant play roms on it!!
    It partially dumps the game rom to internal memory and then runs it on emulators and in doing so you cannot use any saves from the cart or save back to the cart.
    Not liking this at all.
    Gamester81 is fairly nice about it(he's a bit too sponsored these days if you ask me), but its a turd of a system.

Seemed like a fairly decent review of it across both videos.

Strange he listed the audio as a Pro rather than Con. I thought the retron5 audio sounded awfully muffled compared to the original hardware. Maybe it was the way he recorded both.

Kinda puzzled as to who the target audience is though. Not sure why anyone who has original consoles would bother with it? Are people who don't have any retro consoles going to start buying just the carts? No flash cart support sounds like a silly omission, maybe it could be patched in with a firmware update though.

That controller that comes with it looks a bit duff, an analogue stick instead of a d-pad. :confused:

A strange creature indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

I see the avgn movie is getting several screenings across the USA in July and then it's going online/dvd

Does anyone have any contacts in the cinema world that might bring it over here? Like the ifi or lighthouse perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I see the avgn movie is getting several screenings across the USA in July and then it's going online/dvd

Does anyone have any contacts in the cinema world that might bring it over here? Like the ifi or lighthouse perhaps?

Would be amazing if we could get a screening here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

cjYEqtB.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    cjYEqtB.gif

Ah jeez, i only watched like the first season or 2 of seinfeld and stopped watching!

Thats genius! Need to watch more of it!

dat accent!

waveform wrote: »
    dat accent!

That thing looks like a piece of crap...

Never played this, looks as obscure as 8bit gets in terms of playability :o (Some NSFW language at times)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

NSFW joke, but sweet video.

Screw these kids, I was mighty impressed with the Gameboy Advance over the weekend! :D

• Advertisement

He's back! Welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Not everyone will be a fan of the Toxic Avenger but this video is pretty cool and they are playing on an atomiswave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt4WQ4EiQFA

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Slightly NSFW

This one from March is brilliant! :D

• Advertisement

These are fantastic:

Another epic humorous intro from Vectrex Roli yet again, and he's a bit more hardcore this time!

An absolute legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Mr Vestek got a nice haul!

and continuing on with the theme of failed consoles, CGR reviews the official Boards.ie obligatory poll option.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Jaguar was much better than the CDi, in that it had one essential game worth playing Tempest 2000, and a selection of not rubbish games, Raiden, Doom, and the rest were pure donkey p1ss.
    The CDi on the otherhand was cursed with nothing, not a thing, worth turning it on for.
    If you own one, and have spent time playing Burn Cycle or Zelda, thinking they were great (you spanner) just imagine how foolish you'll feel on your deathbed, all the positive uses you could have put that time to, in retrospect, like getting your back, sack and crack waxed or pretty much anything except playing that damn stupid machine!

Pat kind of sums up stuff nicely. Ian is a dickhead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,253 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Pat kind of sums up stuff nicely. Ian is a dickhead!

Told you Ian was a hipster. Only a hipster would Get that irate about the term hipster :pac:

Doge wrote: »
    and continuing on with the theme of failed consoles, CGR reviews the official Boards.ie obligatory poll option.....

Speaking of which there was a mint in the box Jaguar sold by the rage the other day for €200.

I desperately wanted to buy it purely for the rare crap factor... as I even commented to the afro dude behind the counter 'wow, that's the only actual rare thing in this shop!'.

He laughed off the comment though... he's not one of the staff that takes the place super serial.

I was rather jealous I have to say.

Apparently he was a collector and got word of it as soon as they got it in.

So... which one of you was it? :P

• Advertisement

MrVestek wrote: »
    Speaking of which there was a mint in the box Jaguar sold by the rage the other day for €200.

I desperately wanted to buy it purely for the rare crap factor... as I even commented to the afro dude behind the counter 'wow, that's the only actual rare thing in this shop!'.

He laughed off the comment though... he's not one of the staff that takes the place super serial.

I was rather jealous I have to say.

Apparently he was a collector and got word of it as soon as they got it in.

So... which one of you was it? :P

They told me on the phone they wouldn't take in a boxed Jag, as they can't sell them. At €200, I wouldn't wonder why.

Myrddin wrote: »
    They told me on the phone they wouldn't take in a boxed Jag, as they can't sell them. At €200, I wouldn't wonder why.

There are a few newer guys in the shop these days that seem to have their wits about them as opposed to the totalitarian blokes they had running the place for a while.

When I told the bloke why I got blocked from their FB page originally (a legit question regarding competition) he was shocked and said that it was ridiculous.

The same bloke (his name escapes me right now) knew that I was a Dreamcast collector from the last time I was in the place with waveform (or whatever the feck he calls himself now) and kept loads of DC stuff by for me.

I had a bit of an issue trying to use my all4one card in there so he was really nice about it, gave me a decent discount on Street Fighter II for SNES and threw in loads of free stuff...

Dreamcast DreamOn demos and he also gave me five white label Dreamcast games that they had gotten in but couldn't technically resell.

One of them is a rare enough Beta copy of... I think it was Fighting Vipers.

Rare as in hard to find and not rare as in impossible to find and costs loads of money.

It was nice of him to do anyway... I'm starting to warm to the place again.

They also seem a lot more open to haggling these days than they used to be... which is nice!

^ sounds like some new staff that actually have an idea about incentivising custom alright.

I dunno, the douche levels always seem way too high in that place when I go in and I usually leave. Perhaps the douche is just something that follows me :)

Steve SI wrote: »
    I dunno, the douche levels always seem way too high in that place when I go in and I usually leave. Perhaps the douche is just something that follows me :)

After 5pm on a weekday seems to be the time to head in... at least for me. That's when I seem to have the best conversations with staff and get talking to people who actually know what they're on about. The experiences I've had in there recently have lead me to want to shop in there more often to be fair.

Their prices on some stuff is still silly but when you take into account that you can pay an extra fiver or so to buy something there and then as opposed to waiting for postage... sometimes it's not so bad.

Besides as I said they seem a lot more open to the whole 'bundle loads of stuff together then haggle for a decent price' thing than they used to be.

MrVestek wrote: »
      After 5pm on a weekday seems to be the time to head in... at least for me. That's when I seem to have the best conversations with staff and get talking to people who actually know what they're on about. The experiences I've had in there recently have lead me to want to shop in there more often to be fair.

Their prices on some stuff is still silly but when you take into account that you can pay an extra fiver or so to buy something there and then as opposed to waiting for postage... sometimes it's not so bad.

Besides as I said they seem a lot more open to the whole 'bundle loads of stuff together then haggle for a decent price' thing than they used to be.

Jebus, I don't want to talk to them :eek:

So according to their FB page the bloke I was talking to that works there on Thursday got knocked off his bike on the Friday and is in pretty rough shape in the hospital...

...jesus christ!

These are good...you can see more so in the second one how infuriatingly difficult the game is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I love Tuesdays on Youtube, for some reason when I go home in the evenings and check My subscriptions there's been a load of new retro and current gen gaming uploaded.

• Advertisement
    • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Pierce Brosnan plays Goldeneye on N64 with Jimmy Fallon..

keithgeo wrote: »
      Pierce Brosnan plays Goldeneye on N64 with Jimmy Fallon..

FYI the YouTube tag doesn't work with the automatically shortened URLs. You need to add the text after the forward slash. Fixed that for you btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭julan

What is the title of the game you have posted flaregon? the girl with a sword and lots of zombies?

Yes, this is a buzz feed video....
      And yes, it is actually worth a watch:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Cool looking shop. I couldn't stick that chap's voice past the minute mark though, christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

sorry if it's been posted already but been playing this in a loop for the past hour :)

• Advertisement

Actually, that video is after putting onto combining two of my current hobbies,
      videogames and diabetes!
      didgetMeter_meter.png
      Seems there's a DS game based around Glucose monitoring.
      Forget needing the sunshine or degrees of tilt to control a game, this one demands your blood, probably rename my DS Audrey II!

Nice Resident Evil collection video here by Alpha Omega Sin. I't s long video, & as always with Alpha, there's a lot of NSFW language :)

Good game sack episode here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^ Good video, didnt realise some games had some crazy changes. Contra on the nes looks so much better on the Jap version.

I didn't realise that the Sonic 1 revisions were regional based, I always just assumed that it was because newer versions of the carts were released or had some bugfixes like the version in Sonic Jam for Sega Saturn. Good video, although I do tend to find the Game Sack guys rather boring usually.

• Advertisement
    Advertisement