Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So, what you playing at the mo? Retro Edition

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mmm, Jill sandwich...

Look Jill.... blood....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sorry, nothing trumps the voice acting in Resident Evil, "No, don't open that door!"

Well I think House of the Dead 2 is a head of it, Dodgey American accents done by Australians and its all so forced.."We are meeting G.......over...there." and "my friends went inside, I told them not tot go." the guy delivering this line sounds like he just doesnt care if his friends are dead or not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jesus they can't even pronounce genome correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Metroid Fusion...

You never forget that first SA-X encounter

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just had a little time with the Gamesroom,
    Got some Robbit Mon Dieu, Jumping Flash 3, in and very good it is too.
    Also popped on some Raiden DX, yum, and some Tempest 2000.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is Jumping Flash 3 that good? I heard a few of the HG101 guys saying it wasn't great.

Well, if you had dragged your backside to the Beers you might have found out!
    But, yes, it's pretty nice.
    The visuals are updated a bit but still look like first gen PS visuals and the jumping mechanics are the same.
    It's more mission based though, more Like Katamari Damacy in that regard.
    And it's not expensive either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Playing neo turf masters on ngpc out in my back garden drinkin a pear cider.

The screen looks soooo good in the sun.

life is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Currently on Metroid binge still...just about finished Fusion and starting off the Super Metroid Redesigned romhack, which looks superb so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Playing neo turf masters on ngpc out in my back garden drinkin a pear cider.

The screen looks soooo good in the sun.

life is good
    God that sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

I would be playing mark of the wolves right now if it weren't for UPC's horrible set top box's router interface webapp thing, I cant figure out how to forward ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Playing through Dark Cloud at the moment, still loving it as much as I did when I first played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Just finished Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, not sure that counts as retro for this thread :-) Really enjoyed it though.

Just finished Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, not sure that counts as retro for this thread :-) Really enjoyed it though.

Oh, indeed it does, the more the merrier in these parts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,246 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Was flicking through snes carts this evening and found one Ive never played before -Robocop 3.

Holy Jaysus, whoever created this game was a sadist. Limited ammo (if you run out you're fecked)

you can actually accidentally destroy your power ups by shooting them. (not something which ties in very well with the above mentioned ammo limitation.

Hats off to anyone can complete the game. I could barely get passed the first level.

Oh and there are no checkpoints. Run out of bullets and die on the boss did you? Back to the start you go.

Next up I tried out Contra Shattered Soldier for the first time - which seemed easy in comparison!

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

o1s1n wrote: »
    Was flicking through snes carts this evening and found one Ive never played before -Robocop 3.

Holy Jaysus, whoever created this game was a sadist. Limited ammo (if you run out you're fecked)

you can actually accidentally destroy your power ups by shooting them. (not something which ties in very well with the above mentioned ammo limitation.

Hats off to anyone can complete the game. I could barely get passed the first level.

Oh and there are no checkpoints. Run out of bullets and die on the boss did you? Back to the start you go.

Next up I tried out Contra Shattered Soldier for the first time - which seemed easy in comparison!

I was having a quick go of Robocop 1 earlier today, Robocop seemed a lot tougher in the movies... I was taken out by Alsatians more than once.

o1s1n wrote: »

Try going for the true ending. It's a nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Right, I'm going to try and pass a Zelda title and that means doing something I've never actually done before. I'm going to try and not stop playing Zelda after a few hours, which happened to Link to The Past, one of the GameBoy ones, Ocarina and Majora Mask.
    I got the new 3DS just the other day from cex after trading in a few tesco titles.
    I think I actually like it, might be just that its a handheld title and I tend to stick at them for longer, even the gameboy one was only dropped after I got stuck.

Has any one else finished this one yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Right, I'm going to try and pass a Zelda title and that means doing something I've never actually done before. I'm going to try and not stop playing Zelda after a few hours, which happened to Link to The Past, one of the GameBoy ones, Ocarina and Majora Mask.
    I got the new 3DS just the other day from cex after trading in a few tesco titles.
    I think I actually like it, might be just that its a handheld title and I tend to stick at them for longer, even the gameboy one was only dropped after I got stuck.

Has any one else finished this one yet?

A link between worlds? Oh yeah its a quality title, best of luck in finishing one!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Best game on the 3DS :)

Fire Emblem just beats it for me, just barely.

Master of the Universe

I know what you mean. I'd have them neck and neck if it wasn't for the fact that ALTTP is one of my favourite games of all time, so it edged ahead!

Fire Emblem just beats it for me, just barely.

I loved FE Awakening! I'm in for a treat so.
    Just got to the bit where Zelda* can turn into a painting, its actually a genius idea and I'm surprised it hasn't been thought of before. Really opens it up for some interesting puzzles and I hope the designers carry through on it - and that's why folk that Nintendo are one of the most inventive with existing IPs.

*ah, only kidding. Link obviously but I did one time think the main character was called Zelda back in the day as a kid when I was a big sap.

Just thinking that the 3DS has really served up some great titles so far - Mario 3D Land, Fire Emblem, looking like Zelda, quite enjoying Bravely Default and Kid Icarus was the biz as well - apart from destroying your ability to use your hands for ever afterwards - I typing with a long stick at the moment.
    King-Size_Homer.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Jeebus, the animations in Garou for neo geo are unreal.

airmax87 wrote: »
    Jeebus, the animations in Garou for neo geo are unreal.

Incredible alright.
    You playing via genuine hardware or emulation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Was playing Metroid: Zero Mission the other day, and couldn't believe how short is was. Granted I've played through it lots of times in the past but I always remembered it as being longer. Finished it in 2.5 hours or so (without going out of my way to collect items). Great game though.

Have kept to the GBA and now starting Advance Wars from scratch, a game I've started many times but never played through to the end (I think...) Not looking forward to fog of war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

ghostchant wrote: »
    Have kept to the GBA and now starting Advance Wars from scratch, a game I've started many times but never played through to the end (I think...) Not looking forward to fog of war.

Have you played Faselei! on the NGPC? That's probably one of the best turn based strategy games ever made ... IMO :o

I'm playing SSX Tricky at the moment :pac:

• Advertisement

Finally
    Got some quality time with Dark Souls 2 this morning.
    Admittedly, this was during the time I was supposed to be doing the chores about the house but hey, I say defeating the undead hordes is more important than a spot of vacuuming, and I know this is the place to find folk to agree with me!
    So, must have been about 3 hours in there and had a blast, inspite of spending much of the previous 20 hours in the game being beaten to a pulp!
    Towers of Flame?
    Blue Cathedrals!
    Ha I say!
    Knight who say, well, not much tbh, they fall beneath my +2 club, Mwa hahaha!
    All this to distract from the Pursuer fecker who still awaits me :(
    Might head back to No Mans Wharf, not the picture postcard seaside town it says in the brochure I have to say, going to have a word with the rep!
    Anyways it feels nice to finally feel like I'm making progress in this incredible game.
    I see Edge gave it all three slots to its "still playing" column next to the reviews, which gives me an indication of just how rich the game is, and how deep.
    Can't wait to jump back in.
    Might have a crack at Dark Souls and Demons Souls again after this, assuming I make it through!

Advertisement