Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Hiya1234

Morrissey v HSE is a 2020 case for vicarious liability and professional negligence

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Does anyone know if you can use an Age Card or a Public Services Card for ID on the day? My passport is out of date (would still probs be fine) and I don’t drive. Thanks!

Public services card is fine I used it several times as my ID.

The first time (March 2017) they had no idea what it was! I convinced them anyway by grovelling!

I saw people using it as ID in the March 2020 sitting so yes tl;dr it is fine! I've never spotted anyone using an Age Card as id so I'd stick with the PSC. In my time I've seen passports, passport cards, psc's, driving licences and civil servants using the id of their Department.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LawLover2020

Does anybody have an easy on the development of the duty of care that they are willing to share?

When people say they are covering duty of care - what do you mean - that you're covering the entire chapter?

I have notes on most other tort topics that I am more than happy to swap in return.

Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭HappyKitten62

Public services card is fine I used it several times as my ID.

The first time (March 2017) they had no idea what it was! I convinced them anyway by grovelling!

I saw people using it as ID in the March 2020 sitting so yes tl;dr it is fine! I've never spotted anyone using an Age Card as id so I'd stick with the PSC. In my time I've seen passports, passport cards, psc's, driving licences and civil servants using the id of their Department.

Thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Small tip for EU -

So while I've been studying EU, a lot of the time I'm like God, EU law is an absolute mess. This reminded me of a tip the City Colleges lecturer said in their night before notes video that they put up back in March - Try to as much as possible to take a pro-EU stance. I think he said the examiner prefers this as opposed to ripping it to shreds. I'm thinking mainly in terms of the democratic deficit, problems with judicial review, that kind of thing. Be critical but don't be overly harsh.

Not sure how useful this will be but meh, thought it was worth sharing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 LawStudent1234

what topic is democratic deficit in? don't think i have that in my manual or else i missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

what topic is democratic deficit in? don't think i have that in my manual or else i missed it

Democratic deficit refers to how the Commission and the Council hold most of the power but the Parliament is the only institution directly elected by the people, basically just the Institutions topic generally

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Louis Litt

Are ppl covering priciples of effectiveness and equivalence for MS liability.

Painful area and it doesn't appear too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 LawStudent1234

I'm covering it just in case I'm stuck as I really don't want to do an institutions question, can't seem to absorb it whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

Just curious, wondering if anyone concerned about sitting in an exam hall? Has anyone had confirmation of what the measures are on the day? sent back form etc but no response or letter.
    Considering not sitting, but concerned am being an alarmist, just wondering what others thoughts are.

Considering that if things get worse in winter may be skipping October using the logic currently going around my head at the moment. Not looking for advice, just wondering if I am the only one pausing for thought.

I think at this stage I just want to know what the plan is for next week in the exam halls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Fe1student1234

spygirl wrote: »
    Just curious, wondering if anyone concerned about sitting in an exam hall? Has anyone had confirmation of what the measures are on the day? sent back form etc but no response or letter.
    Considering not sitting, but concerned am being an alarmist, just wondering what others thoughts are.

Considering that if things get worse in winter may be skipping October using the logic currently going around my head at the moment. Not looking for advice, just wondering if I am the only one pausing for thought.

I think at this stage I just want to know what the plan is for next week in the exam halls.

I’m assuming because of the number of locations everyone will be spread out very well plus you have to wear a mask.

I never got a response either after filling out the form

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Currently tabbing for EU... Have I left something out???

Art 18-25, 30-36, 45-62, 110, 263, 267

Dir 2004/38

Might regret it but leaving out competition entirely!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lcork23

Does anyone know if we need to drop our EU legislation off the day before. I presume not but want to double check?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keelfe1s

Lcork23 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we need to drop our EU legislation off the day before. I presume not but want to double check?

No...No need to drop EU the day before.. They are doing spot checks in the exam hall during exam!!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

keelfe1s wrote: »
    No...No need to drop EU the day before.. They are doing spot checks in the exam hall during exam!!

What, picking up your sources and flicking through them during the exam. Joy. That won't be distracting in the slightest. Perfectly hygienic as well. Honestly though I would be more concerned about the distraction tbh. Even when they would stroll down to check ID at the desk in previous sitting I was like a bear lol

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Are we allowed wear the face visers ? ( not sure of the technical name for them !) Instead of struggling to breath under the mask.

I'm leaving out competition too. It's such a large topic and alot of learning to cover all bases for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

Are we allowed wear the face visers ? ( not sure of the technical name for them !) Instead of struggling to breath under the mask.

Face shields are not as protective as masks so probably not

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Visors were proven completely pointless without a mask

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Boltabb

To follow up on my post yesterday re the letter not arriving - it still has not arrived, and the postman has been. If anyone is in same position waiting, you're not alone.

Edit - I got through, there are some people who will be getting their details emailed as their letters were sent more recently than others. If this helps anybody's anxiety!

• Advertisement

I have emailed Law Society to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DUMSURFER

Boltabb wrote: »
    To follow up on my post yesterday re the letter not arriving - it still has not arrived, and the postman has been. If anyone is in same position waiting, you're not alone.

I wouldn't be waiting for it to come, ring and get them to email it to you today. Last October my letter only arrived the day of my first exam, which was no good seeing as I was half way up the country in the Red Cow... So, just don't trust that it's coming tomorrow because if it doesn't (which is very possible) then you'll just be stressing all weekend and waste so much time trying to sort it out Monday.

DUMSURFER wrote: »
    I wouldn't be waiting for it to come, ring and get them to email it to you today. Last October my letter only arrived the day of my first exam, which was no good seeing as I was half way up the country in the Red Cow... So, just don't trust that it's coming tomorrow because if it doesn't (which is very possible) then you'll just be stressing all weekend and waste so much time trying to sort it out Monday.

I emailed as they hadn’t posted mine and all they said was they’d be posting it yesterday.

Had to send another email asking to confirm where I am sitting my exam as that could mean it may not get here in time but they would not give me my exam number just said it was in the letter

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Louis Litt

I emailed as they hadn’t posted mine and all they said was they’d be posting it yesterday.

Had to send another email asking to confirm where I am sitting my exam as that could mean it may not get here in time but they would not give me my exam number just said it was in the letter

I changed my address a couple of weeks ago and contacted them to confirm the change went through before they sent the letters, which they did.... still sent to old address :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

For anyone who hasn't received their letter, (please don't take this as Gospel) but if it helps with logistics/planning - it seems that if your surname is higher up in the alphabet, you'll be in the RDS but if you're lower down then you'll be in Croke Park (this is just from anecdotal evidence from speaking with friends).

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DUMSURFER

That's bizarre... I'd ring again if it doesn't come tomorrow and demand they email it. Can't honestly expect you to wait for the postman on Monday morning with your fingers crossed.

DUMSURFER wrote: »
    That's bizarre... I'd ring again if it doesn't come tomorrow and demand they email it. Can't honestly expect you to wait for the postman on Monday morning with your fingers crossed.

They’re an actual joke

They’re so unorganized and don’t seem to care about how lack of communication affects the people doing the exams

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭vid36

EmmaO94 wrote: »
    For anyone who hasn't received their letter, (please don't take this as Gospel) but if it helps with logistics/planning - it seems that if your surname is higher up in the alphabet, you'll be in the RDS but if you're lower down then you'll be in Croke Park (this is just from anecdotal evidence from speaking with friends).

The numbers are always arranged alphabetically too.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

EmmaO94 wrote: »

If it helps anyone, I'm an N and in the RDS so its not straight down the middle of the alphabet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭20082014

I think it is people who were previously registered to sit the exam in March are in Croke Park whereas people who registered for the exam over the summer are in the RDS. I was due to sit it in March and I am in Croke Park but friends who decided to sit the exam after the august sitting announcement are in the RDS and some of those have the same letter surname as me.

Perhaps they are doing this as the Croke Park exams will needed to be corrected ASAP due to some of those people depending on the result for Blackhall this September? But then again other people will need to know their results quickly also as they will need to know what exams to register for in the October sitting.. very hard to know!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement