Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elsmore

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

pad199207 wrote: »
    Is it more of Elsmore across the Devoy link road? They have adorned the fencing around the site with white thorn village advertising

You are right... not been up there in a week or two. It's being built by Cairn homes who built Elsmore and the plans show all the same house types and appartments.

https://www.cairnhomes.com/new-homes/whitethorn-in-naas/

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

Hi here,

Going to put a deposit for a house in The Gate. Excited to find this thread and reading through all the messages. I was wondering how is the commute from here to Dublin for work? what is the best way to commute everyday to Dublin?
    If you’re not in the train car park extremely early you won’t get a spot and people park their cars in the most random spots when all the spaces are full, so your car could end up being blocked in. I’ve even seen people push other cars with their cars. And that’s before you even get on the train. The trains are completely overcrowded and they’re intercity trains and not commuter trains they use so they’re lethal to stand in. It’s a very unpleasant trip.

Bus is too expensive and unreliable. It’s also not connected with Dublin’s transport system/LEAP system like the train is (hence its popularity). But if you don’t mind those, it’s grand and quite comfortable.

Best way to commute is using the N7 and then the M50 onto your destination. As a veteran commuter, it’s the cheapest and quickest. Believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Tomrota wrote: »
    If you’re not in the train car park extremely early you won’t get a spot and people park their cars in the most random spots when all the spaces are full, so your car could end up being blocked in. I’ve even seen people push other cars with their cars. And that’s before you even get on the train. The trains are completely overcrowded and they’re intercity trains and not commuter trains they use so they’re lethal to stand in. It’s a very unpleasant trip.

Bus is too expensive and unreliable. It’s also not connected with Dublin’s transport system/LEAP system like the train is (hence its popularity). But if you don’t mind those, it’s grand and quite comfortable.

Best way to commute is using the N7 and then the M50 onto your destination. As a veteran commuter, it’s the cheapest and quickest. Believe me.

Bus services are very reliable and Bus Eireann (or new company running 126) accept Leap cards. Kavanaghs are also very reliable and have a smart card system for weekly tickets etc. Dublin coach is reliable but old loud busses. I'd take the above posters comments with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Bus services are very reliable and Bus Eireann (or new company running 126) accept Leap cards. Kavanaghs are also very reliable and have a smart card system for weekly tickets etc. Dublin coach is reliable but old loud busses. I'd take the above posters comments with a pinch of salt.
    Bus Eireann was not reliable. GoAhead are more reliable, and even still I’ve had buses randomly cancelled on me multiple times. And no, like I said, it isn’t connected with the Dublin transport system/LEAP system like the train (LEAP capping, LEAP 90 discount, rambler ticket etc.) so if you’re taking a connecting bus, be prepared to pay 15-20€ per day just for the bus. You clearly haven’t used the bus that much, it’s very expensive. Far cheaper and quicker to drive or take the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

BuzzFish wrote: »
    You are right... not been up there in a week or two. It's being built by Cairn homes who built Elsmore and the plans show all the same house types and appartments.

https://www.cairnhomes.com/new-homes/whitethorn-in-naas/

My google-fu is strong.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5d3b12dfebc2520001ea89b8/t/5da727fbf38c0b4c6e8e6604/1571235861252/Site+Layout+Plan.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 abseenthe

Hi everyone,

We're in the process of buying a house in Elsmore and as the house is completed already, we expect things to move quite fast.

Can anyone recommend someone good to do the snagging? In your experience, anything in particular to look out for?

TIA!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sam123458

Hey guys,

I was offered a unit in the new phase 2 - The Glen - based on your experience living in the area, does it worth the shot?

Any concerns I need to aware about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rockafella2504

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to put my deposit for 2 bedroom ground floor apartment in The Gate Elsmore, can you please guide me about the noise level in that area, how is Naas to live in as my office is Citywest that is just 20 mins drive, Is the 2 bedroom apartment size big enough?, Are there electric chargers available for EV cars or can I install in my parking space? can please someone also provide me the good snaggers contact number who know the place in and out.

Thanks in Advance :)

Advertisement