Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elsmore

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 austeacher

It's the same all along The Walk, only difference further down is less visibility of the road with the trees.

Interesting! Whenever we’ve visited the house (and we’ve been there for hours at a time!) there’s been little to no noise- is it worse at night? Which bedroom is the worst?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭iwishihadaname

austeacher wrote: »
    Interesting! Whenever we’ve visited the house (and we’ve been there for hours at a time!) there’s been little to no noise- is it worse at night? Which bedroom is the worst?

Yeah we only noticed the extent of it when we actually settled into the house :( The sitting room and bedroom above it are the worst because the windows are so big. But you can hear traffic in any room facing the front. Talked to our neighbours too and they found the same but maybe you'll find it different! I hope it will be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Newinnaas

mnbmendoza wrote: »
    Hi bout to put a deposit on Elsmore. Any tips from people that had already bought their houses there? Any recommendations? Please and thanks

Hello- we just bought house in the grove and are due to move in around may timeframe. Cairne have been helpful to date, we actually got to view house before snag which was nice! We were also able to change a few bits in our kitchen which was good. Hosues move quickly and they seem to be running on time for a lot of things which is also good.
    we are going to go in and take rough measurments in show house to give to floor providers so that we can get a rough estimate on costs.

we will be having the snag in a week or two, does anyone have any things that they found in their snag that took long to fix? is there anything in particular we should be looking out for?

thanks

Newinnaas wrote: »
    Hello- we just bought house in the grove and are due to move in around may timeframe. Cairne have been helpful to date, we actually got to view house before snag which was nice! We were also able to change a few bits in our kitchen which was good. Hosues move quickly and they seem to be running on time for a lot of things which is also good.
    we are going to go in and take rough measurments in show house to give to floor providers so that we can get a rough estimate on costs.
    we will be having the snag in a week or two, does anyone have any things that they found in their snag that took long to fix? is there anything in particular we should be looking out for?

thanks

There was only superficial things in our snag (like paint touch ups) and it didn't take too much time for them to fix, probably 1-2 weeks max.

After we moved in we realised that they glued on the skirting board upstairs so we couldn't take it off when putting down floors. So I would just say to make sure the skirting is tacked on.

Also after we moved in we noticed a couple of problems but Cairn fixed them straight away. There was something wrong with the fusebox and the door needed to be refitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 LauraMarieA

We had our snag on Monday for our house in the grove also. Lots of superficial things but nothing major, mostly painting, sealing, doors having chips out of them and poor finishes to skirting, kitchen presses, window frames etc. A couple of things in our house were also broke (Kitchen drawer, wardrobe shelf, window latches etc) and one of our bedroom doors had swollen and wouldn't close.

We only got the list from the snagger today so have no idea how long it'll take them to fix but hoping no more than two weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 mnbmendoza

Thanks so much everyone for your input ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 8 1170

If anyone has a recommendation for a good snagger could you DM contact details please? Thanks!

1170 wrote: »
    If anyone has a recommendation for a good snagger could you DM contact details please? Thanks!

Would like to get their contact details too if possible thanks

Hi just reading through the company management rules stuff. I don't know if I'm reading it wrong but are we not allowed of things?
    -sky dish
    -not allowed to reject any planning permission that may arise in the future
    -not allowed to change colour of doors, have a patio put in etc
    -putting an extension in the back
    -advertising it for rent in the future

These are some of the many things that we noticed

We never got those management rules?

Due to get the keys this week. When did you receive them?

• Advertisement

We never got those management rules?

Due to get the keys this week. When did you receive them?

Got em from my solicitors this week before we sign the contracts. I'll send it on if ya pm ya number or email if ya want. Completely shocked. So many rules. Doesn't feel like it will be our own

That would be great if you could I'll pm you now!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

What type of house did you buy?

I didn't read the management company terms in a lot of detail but I don't remember anything particularly crazy in there.

Also, I have a satellite dish on the back of the house :-o

Hey folks,

Now that most of us are in and settled, I think it'd be a good idea to setup a WhatsApp group. Would be useful for organise things around the estate, helping with info about the houses jd needed and sharing a cup of sugar here and there :)

DM me your number and any neighbors you think may be interested and I'll setup a group with everyone.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Drove in to have a look today at these. Packed in Rabbit Hutches came to my mind.

It’s an absolute disgrace that houses can be built so on top of each other like this these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 NathanDrake

Hey guys, moved in last week and love the place. Houses are amazing.

One problem though that is going to anger me to no end. Can anyone who lives there hear the extremely loud dog that barks and you can hear him throughout the estate?

He was non stop at 3am last night too.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Hey guys, moved in last week and love the place. Houses are amazing.

One problem though that is going to anger me to no end. Can anyone who lives there hear the extremely loud dog that barks and you can hear him throughout the estate?

He was non stop at 3am last night too.

Is there anything I can do about this?

I haven't heard the dog. Only advice I can give is to figure out who the neighbour is and talk to them about it. The last resort you can take would be to make a complaint to the District Court under Noise Regulations. Wouldn't bode well for neighbourly relationships though!

I haven't heard the dog. Only advice I can give is to figure out who the neighbour is and talk to them about it. The last resort you can take would be to make a complaint to the District Court under Noise Regulations. Wouldn't bode well for neighbourly relationships though!

Thanks for the information. Dog was barking at 1 am again so we sent an email to management company last night. Seen as the owners of the dog signed the rules of estate which clearly states one of the rules as: Must not have noisy pets they are in breach of the contract.

Turns out we are not the only frustrated owners as they apparently approached the owner this week about it.

Fingers crossed they will at least keep the dog inside over night. Can't be that hard to do right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 2020NewHomes

Hi! Sorry if I'm off topic, but I've read that the road noise on the Ring road is very high. Currently considering to place a deposit on a house beside Devoy Link Road (The Close houses). Has anybody purchased around the Close and if so, is that just as noisy as the ones at the Walk (beside Ring rd)?

Thank you!

Hi! Sorry if I'm off topic, but I've read that the road noise on the Ring road is very high. Currently considering to place a deposit on a house beside Devoy Link Road (The Close houses). Has anybody purchased around the Close and if so, is that just as noisy as the ones at the Walk (beside Ring rd)?

Thank you!

• Advertisement

Hey Nathan - can you please let me know what is the road noise level like in the Elsmore estate? I've read that the residents situated on the Walk (across from the Ring Rd) are complaining of high noise levels? Currently considering a house beside Devoy Link Rd (the Close). Thank you!

Thank you!

Hey Nathan - can you please let me know what is the road noise level like in the Elsmore estate? I've read that the residents situated on the Walk (across from the Ring Rd) are complaining of high noise levels? Currently considering a house beside Devoy Link Rd (the Close). Thank you!

Hi sorry about late reply. So I live in the green which is behind the row of house looking onto the ring road. I can't hear the cars at all and I would be very sensitive to noise. I don't know where the close is, sorry.

The noise level at the ring road is high enough though so I can understand the frustration from people living there. In future, hopefully fences or something will be put up to reduce the noise for them.

Thanks Nathan, appreciate that! The secondary road doesn't seem as busy as the Ring Road, however the house is end of terrace right beside the road, so would probably be a good idea to pick one that's further away from the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

The noise level at the ring road is high enough though so I can understand the frustration from people living there. In future, hopefully fences or something will be put up to reduce the noise for them.

You could contact Kildare County Council roads dept. and the local councilors to lobby them to replace the ring road surface. Only going to get busier with the next 400 houses coming across from Elsmore. Modern surfaces are far far quieter. The ring road also needs pedestrian crossings for those in Castlefarm and Primrose Gardens.

BuzzFish wrote: »
    You could contact Kildare County Council roads dept. and the local councilors to lobby them to replace the ring road surface. Only going to get busier with the next 400 houses coming across from Elsmore. Modern surfaces are far far quieter. The ring road also needs pedestrian crossings for those in Castlefarm and Primrose Gardens.
    I've brought this exact thing up with a couple councilors, and was told by one of them that pedestrian crossings on the ring road is a no-go. Which is ridiculous imo, and potentially a lie as there's crossings up towards Ballycane. They are few and far between though on the road.

The surface is in dire need of replacing, and also the road could do with being narrowed. I know it's a 50km/hr zone, but you can easily get to 80 or 100k on that road and not really feel it, as it's so wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SpencerTaylor

Hi here,

Going to put a deposit for a house in The Gate. Excited to find this thread and reading through all the messages. I was wondering how is the commute from here to Dublin for work? what is the best way to commute everyday to Dublin?

Hi here,

Going to put a deposit for a house in The Gate. Excited to find this thread and reading through all the messages. I was wondering how is the commute from here to Dublin for work? what is the best way to commute everyday to Dublin?

Back in “Normal” times I’d say the train. But now the N7 is still a breeze.
    Btw be prepared for lots of development around Elsmore. The planned developments in that end of the town is absolutely scandalous.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Hi here,

Depending where in Dublin, Naas is served by 3 bus companies, bus eireann, JJ kavanagh and Dublin coaches. Also train from Sallins.

Just for awareness Elsmore is being continued across the Devoy link road so you'll have 300 new house directly across the road from the gate. Also planning submitted for 160 apartments further in the same road (between Elsmore and Osprey hotel).

Great location though... 5-7 min walk has you in Naas town center. Lots of great bars and restaurants (when they reopen!)

• Advertisement

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Depending where in Dublin, Naas is served by 3 bus companies, bus eireann, JJ kavanagh and Dublin coaches. Also train from Sallins.

Just for awareness Elsmore is being continued across the Devoy link road so you'll have 300 new house directly across the road from the gate. Also planning submitted for 160 apartments further in the same road (between Elsmore and Osprey hotel).

Great location though... 5-7 min walk has you in Naas town center. Lots of great bars and restaurants (when they reopen!)

Is it more of Elsmore across the Devoy link road? They have adorned the fencing around the site with white thorn village advertising

Advertisement