Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Touch Site

Options
  • 28-01-2013 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭

I see the new touch site has gone live. Just to let ye know, when I hit the left hand button on the top, I get a 404 Error. I assume its just teething problems, just said I'd post it

Edit: Also, it keeps on telling me to Install the web app, even though I have done so. Using latest iOs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

404 error now sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

MarkMc wrote: »
    Also, it keeps on telling me to Install the web app, even though I have done so. Using latest iOs

The same thing has been happening me since it went live a few mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

El Guapo! wrote: »

The same thing has been happening me since it went live a few mins ago.

Having the same problem here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Teething issues with a new header is all, thanks for reporting it; it should be resolved now.

The popup with the web-app install button uses a cookie when you dismiss the notice so you shouldn't see it again unless the cookie isn't being set.

I reset cookies, dismissed the web app notification, then went into a new thread. Keeps on popping up everytime I go into a new thread

• Advertisement

Teething issues with a new header is all, thanks for reporting it; it should be resolved now.

The popup with the web-app install button uses a cookie when you dismiss the notice so you shouldn't see it again unless the cookie isn't being set.

I've dismissed it about twenty times now.
    It pops up every time I go to a new page/forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I'm having the same issue with web app MSG too

Seems to have stopped now for me.
    :)

Seems to have stopped now for me.
    :)

Me too

There seems to be a new problem now though,........if I click on the profile icon in the top right, I get a "500 internal server error" message. This was working fine a few mins ago.

Also, how do I access my pm's now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Give it another shot :)

Give it another shot :)
    Sorted! Cheers Danny.

Now I'm gonna cause you another headache!
    When in a forum, if I click to go to page 2 or 3 or whatever, it just redirects to the forum list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Is there any way at all to go back to the previous incarnation of the touch site?

The courier font is awful.

Internal server error 500 when you click on account in the top right.

The page is all over the screen when you try to scroll down. If you're off at all you get a black border down the side of the page on the right. This never used happen on the previous touch site.

Screen Capture-

Scr000026.jpg

Browser Version: Opera Mobile 12.

Hardware: Nokia N8.

Czarcasm wrote: »
    The page is all over the screen when you try to scroll down. If you're off at all you get a black border down the side of the page on the right. This never used happen on the previous touch site.

Browser Version: Opera Mobile 12.

Hardware: Nokia N8.

This must be related to your OS I'd say.
    Doesn't happen on my phone. (iOS)

Is it not possible to PM on the new touch site?

Is it not possible to PM on the new touch site?
    That'd be a big thing for me too. There doesn't seem to be a pm function anywhere on it.

I've found the inbox. Its touch.boards.ie/message I cant find a way to send messages though

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Is the "Welcome to boards.ie" message persistent even when signed in?

Don't like the new forum list, preferred to have each individual forum with the shortcut by letter.

Can't say I like it so far, feels like the mobile version of the god awful new default skin.

How do I get my followed forums to show up on the forum list?
    Normally I'd just click the Boards icon on my phone and it'd go straight to the forum list with my forums listed on top.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

You should now find a link to your pm inbox on your profile page. You can also find links to pm other users on their profiles.

Also, any thread I go into brings me instantly to the very first post. It no longer remembers where I left off.

This must be related to your OS I'd say.
    Doesn't happen on my phone. (iOS)

Had a look at that, seems the veering off the page is indeed browser specific. It doesn't happen in the native Nokia Browser, but boards is terrible on the Nokia Browser because of the way it handles page requests.

Also, given the chances the font won't be changed, could it at least be made stronger? It looks terribly washed out which makes it hard to see-

Scr000029.jpg

Also there's a discrepancy in the font on the "Add Photo" and "Post Reply" buttons.

I don't suppose there's a chance those buttons positions could be swapped around while ye're playing with the touch site?

I'm getting the 'add to home screen' notice again. Seems to only happen when I go into a thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Chinpool wrote: »
    Is the "Welcome to boards.ie" message persistent even when signed in?

It'll be gone for logged in users now in 2, cheers.

It'll be gone for logged in users now in 2, cheers.

Btw the web app issue is back. Do you want us to keep on posting up touch bugs or are ye working through them?

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    I'm getting the 'add to home screen' notice again. Seems to only happen when I go into a thread.

Yeah it's not behaving as it should. We'll remove that particular piece of functionality for now I think, thanks for the heads up

Also, any thread I go into brings me instantly to the very first post. It no longer remembers where I left off.

I think that has to do with the little green arrow that used be on the right, it's now disappeared and so it's like you're clicking on the thread title.

Btw the web app issue is back. Do you want us to keep on posting up touch bugs or are ye working through them?

Keep 'em coming, cheers

• Advertisement

Well since you asked nicely :pac:

1. in latest post or My forums, if you hit 'just now', it displays no post specified

2. My threads doesn't give you an option to go to last post, or to go to last viewed post

3. 'Welcome to Boards.ie' is still there

4. The web app cookie issue is back

That's what I can see at the moment

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement