Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Touch Site

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Hi guys,

It has just been brought to my attention by a touch site user, that the Ladies Lounge charter doesn't show up on the front page. I have logged into the touch site and confirmed this is the case. I figured it was possibly to do with the number of stickied threads (4), so I have removed the chat thread leaving 3 stickied but to no avail. Now the touch site only shows 2 stuck threads.

Can you have a look at it for me please?

Thanks

Hi whoopsadaisydoodles,

It's a known bug we're working to rectify at the moment. As opposed to the number of stickied threads, its related to the fact the original charter post is so old (lastpost clocks in at the latter end of 2007 for that thread afaik).

The fix will need to be made to a mission critical part of the API, which is hampering the quick turnaround on this one, but we're working to get this sorted out as soon as possible.

Thanks for the heads up, once I've any updates I'll let you know.

Thanks Rónán,
    So if I create a new thread it will sort it? that's easy to do :)

Thanks Rónán,
    So if I create a new thread it will sort it? that's easy to do :)

Sure, a new sticky thread will ensure it's back up top in the forum view on touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Out of interest, would a new post a stickied thread bring it back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭ManMade

Thought I'd upload this. It's a poll on year of cars. I think it's supposed to be a bar chart. Very unclear
    0hKznst.jpg

• Advertisement

MarkMc wrote: »
    Out of interest, would a new post a stickied thread bring it back?

Off the top of my head, yes I think so. Our cutoff applies to the last post of a particular thread iirc.

ManMade wrote: »
    Thought I'd upload this. It's a poll on year of cars. I think it's supposed to be a bar chart. Very unclear

We'll be revisiting polls once we get round to the thread view in our upcoming updates to Touch. Thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Can you have a look at locked threads. The site doesn't tell you they're locked until after you've replied to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Lads I know there was talk of a new thread view, but something seems to have gone badly wrong. It's like this all night. See attached.

*can see Ronan already wondering could he get away with "It's supposed to look like that!" :pac:

EDIT: My bad, fixed now, turned it off and turned it back on again :D

No, cleared cache, history, etc. It was just having it happen for no apparent reason on my end that threw me.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Came across a bug/issue today with images that have a hyperlink behind them.

This is a post in the Bargain Alerts forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83474488&postcount=122

On the web version, if you click on one of the images, it links to a page on gamestop's website.

On the touch version, it displays the image instead of going to the page (Chrome on Android, and Safari on iOS).

I don't know if it's something that Gamestop are doing, or if it's an issue with the touch site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I'm having problems with the new touch site. I'm not able to post attachments anymore. It takes a very long time and I get the service unavailable page. This has been happening quite a lot recently to me. I'll click refresh but the same thing happens.

Another thing is when I am searching for forums, I can use the a-z option. When i go into it and for example I'm looking for after hours, when I click on it nothing happens but it works if I look through the groups (if that's what they are called, I can't remember) find recreation and access ah through that.

Is there anyway of fixing these or could it just be my phone or internet causing the errors?

Thank you!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement