Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Metal" at the O2 Point

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Sarky wrote: »
    If I can see Judas Priest live, I can die happy. I guess the other bands might be decent too.

*signs up*

Megadeth are usually pretty damn good live :)

Hate Testament myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Got my Ticket for this last week :D

Rock on!!!

havent seen Megadeth live in over 14 years

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

IN TO THE PIT!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Am I the only one who cant wait to hear the Nostradamus tracks live?His vocals blew me away when I first heard this album.I can understand people thinking Priest are a bit of a joke but they deserve credit for being at the forefront of the metal establishment.I only started listening to them recently and personally cannot wait for the O2 show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

poundhound wrote: »
    Am I the only one who cant wait to hear the Nostradamus tracks live?His vocals blew me away when I first heard this album.I can understand people thinking Priest are a bit of a joke but they deserve credit for being at the forefront of the metal establishment.I only started listening to them recently and personally cannot wait for the O2 show!

I wouldn't put to much hope into hearing too many Nostradamus tracks. I've heard they only play one or two of them because they plan on doing a full Nostradamus tour next year where they'll be playing the whole ablum live.

Looking forward to that already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

I wouldn't put to much hope into hearing too many Nostradamus tracks. I've heard they only play one or two of them because they plan on doing a full Nostradamus tour next year where they'll be playing the whole ablum live.

still havent listened to the album, its going onto the ipod tonight. Maiden played all of "a matter of life and death" when they they played in the point in 06, didnt like it at all as you knew what song was coming next, and i found it boring tba (until the last 5 songs ;) )

still havent listened to the album, its going onto the ipod tonight. Maiden played all of "a matter of life and death" when they they played in the point in 06, didnt like it at all as you knew what song was coming next, and i found it boring tba (until the last 5 songs ;) )

I still can't get into it, I've listened to the first disc a few times but haven't listened to the second at all.

I don't mind bands playing full albums from start to finish as long as the album is really good.

I think its fantastic. As a concept album its up there with "Seventh Son" and "Operation Mindcrime". Rob Halfords vocals on this album deserve a grammy!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

This is simply going to be the best gig of my life. Priest man, fcuking Priest! Mustain, **** yeah. Ah man, oh yeaaa.

'All I do is listen to metal, everyday. All day. It's all I do. Everyday. Sheeeit!'

poundhound wrote: »
    I think its fantastic. As a concept album its up there with "Seventh Son" and "Operation Mindcrime". Rob Halfords vocals on this album deserve a grammy!!!!

I really must give it another try if that's the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Anyone know if there's gonna be a pit at this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Jesus I hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I seriously believe that Nostradamus is one of the finest things they've ever done. There's not a dodgy track on the album and Halford is amazing with the operatric nuances.

Soundtrack to my summer last year.

So where shall we all meet up? :)

So where shall we all meet up? :)

I'm sure you'll find me at the bar ;)

Set times for anyone interested:
    Doors - 6
    Testament - 6.40
    Megadeth - 7.40
    Priest - 9.10

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

There

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Cannot wait for this. To see Testament live has me over the moon. Megadeth im not overly gone on but lookin forward to seeing them and then to top it all off Judas Priest, oh hell yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

crap didint realize it was starting so early! gonna have to leave here a bit earlier now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Really looking forward to this - 3 great bands. Have booked a half day tomorrow & a half day am on Wednesday to recover.

Don't think I've ever seen Priest or Testament indoors, so it'll be a change.

Testament have been brilliant every time I've seen them, but Priest have been a bit hit or miss, so I'm hoping an indoor venue, esp. the O2, in which the sound is supposed to be amazing, will suit them better!

Can't wait!

Maybe I'll wear a tag saying 'boards.ie' :p If you see me, please say hello -
    I want to try and get front 'n' centre - who's with me? It's just not the same from anywhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Priest are on at 9.10??

So it'll be over before 11.00 then I imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Half day booked for me too.
    I had heard this wasn't selling well, hope it dont look too empty!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye, still hearing ads on the Radio for it so there's prob plenty tickets still available.

Passenger wrote: »
    Priest are on at 9.10??

So it'll be over before 11.00 then I imagine?

Definitely over before 11

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

just got a call from a mate he's after picking me up a VIP entry to the "special" bar and seating etc.. might meet someone to blag a backstage pass....getting really excited about this now!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Does anyone know if there's a cloakroom in this now? Also, what's the drinks like? Same Cashel sh|te, and JD, or is there a decent selection. Want Sunni. Otherwise it'll be lots of pre-concert drinkies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

unsure if i stil wana go, turns out non of friends got tickets so id b alone :/ but got day off work for it and all , but not to pushed bout it hav seen megadeth + testament live b4 not really a judas priest fan tho, om1 make up my mind lol

edit: are u sure about those stage timrs ? my ticket says
    doors : 6pm
    show : 8pm???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

niallith wrote: »
    unsure if i stil wana go, turns out non of friends got tickets so id b alone :/ but got day off work for it and all , but not to pushed bout it hav seen megadeth + testament live b4 not really a judas priest fan tho, om1 make up my mind lol

edit: are u sure about those stage timrs ? my ticket says
    doors : 6pm
    show : 8pm???

No way is it starting at 8pm anyway, both Megadeth & Testament are getting at least an hour and I think the curfew is still the same in the O2 - ie 11pm. I'd imagine those times are accurate, that's what I'm going by anyway.

Advertisement