Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Mobile - boards.ie on your portable device

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Any plans to adapt this to work with Adverts.ie aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

I'm seeing the reply textbox not scrolling on Nokia phones too. This means you can't really enter a reply of more that about 2 lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

matrim wrote: »
    I'm seeing the reply textbox not scrolling on Nokia phones too. This means you can't really enter a reply of more that about 2 lines.

same on Nokia N95 8 GB v20 firmware, have to post blind! :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Any fix for the spoilers yet? They are unreadable. Better to have spoilers as normal text rather than not readable at all.

And also +1 for the separate settings for mobile and desktop. I like 40 posts/page on my desktop but on a mobile that is far too much

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Apologies if this has been mentioned. LG 3g phone, pages over say, 35 posts, or with long posts, wont load.

Also, Initally when you are on the home page, the menu at the top of the screen is fine, but once you leave the top of the page, when you move back up into those menu options later, they dont highlight so you cant see where you are. Ive logged out a few times by mistake that way.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I haven' read the rest of the posts but where is th quote post link - it was there!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭cormacl

not sure if this is exactly related to the mobile beta but...

I use google reader on my ipod touch to browse all my RSS feeds. I have ICDG cable, satellite, foreign satellite & terrestrial feeds from boards.ie in my list of feeds.

e.g Terrestrial feed..
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=56
    ..shows the list of threads, and the article inline in the google UI.

I need to say now that all other RSS feeds work perfectly.. but some weeks back, I started having issues with boards.ie feeds.

When viewing a post, if I clicked on the "See original" option (thats google URL link to the original post), I was redirected to a www.google.com URL like...
    http://www.google.com/gwt/n?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Flogin.php%3Fdo%3Dlogin%26_RW_%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.boards.ie%252Fvbulletin%252Fshowthread.php%253Ft%7Consubmit%7CF0&ie=UTF-8&method=post

..with the text "No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Before this, I would get redirected to the original HTML page for the thread itself and could see the original post and all replies etc. It seems now that it tries to redirect to a google cached mobile? version of the thread/post but it doesn't work.

any ideas?

I haven' read the rest of the posts but where is th quote post link - it was there!
    Isn't it the [Rep] option under the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

random wrote: »
    Isn't it the [Rep] option under the post?
    Yep - that's the one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

Can the fonts be made bigger? The mobile versions text is tiny on the iPhone.

Apart from that though, it pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

KhanTheMan wrote: »
    Can the fonts be made bigger? The mobile versions text is tiny on the iPhone.

Apart from that though, it pretty cool.

Surely you would change the font size on the iPhone itself, or is that not possible?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Any plans to introduce thanks on m.boards.ie?

I keep getting a message on the home page 'can't connect to memcache server'. (think thats the correct wording)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I got that message last night also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

Haha, posting 4rm my nokia 6230i. Cool.

dioltas wrote: »
    Haha, posting 4rm my nokia 6230i. Cool.
    Anyway to turn off text speak on the mobile version?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Random wrote: »

Yep, this feature will do it :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

Force of habit, sorry. It was from my phone after all.

If I change the number of posts per page in my control panel is this going to affect the mobile version too ?

If I change the number of posts per page in my control panel is this going to affect the mobile version too ?
    I think so.. I have mine set to 40 per page and the same comes up on the mobile version too :(

jmccrohan wrote: »
    I think so.. I have mine set to 40 per page and the same comes up on the mobile version too :(
    Dammit. Bit of a downer that one. Hopefully this can be sorted :)

p.s. do you follow me around Boards? I'm starting to worry lol :D

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Might try forcing a small number of posts per page next time I get a chance to fiddle around with the mobile site.

In mobile pms it lists the inbox (seemingly) without using pages. At least I havent reached the end of the list before getting bored and quitting. Is there a setting I should change for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Apologies if requested before.

Would it be possible to he have a subbed list homepage for mobile boards? :)

URL would be something similar to what big boards uses i guess with filter=subbed at the end.

SofaK wrote: »
    Apologies if requested before.

Would it be possible to he have a subbed list homepage for mobile boards? :)

URL would be something similar to what big boards uses i guess with filter=subbed at the end.
    http://m.boards.ie/mobile/subbed.php

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

A subbed list homepage thread filter, i mean.

This basically: http://www.boards.ie/index.php?filter=subbed but a mobile version.

• Advertisement

SofaK wrote: »
    A subbed list homepage thread filter, i mean.

This basically: http://www.boards.ie/index.php?filter=subbed but a mobile version.
    This maybe? http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?do=getnew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement