Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Croke Park 2009 - all discussion, no ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

i read in the paper today that u2 are stripping out the field as they want a different surface put down and will re-do the field with new grass after... if this is true bono has lost the plot!!!!!!!!!The paper says it will cost 1million:eek:

I think it was the sun or the star.. one of the tabloids... on the back page....

good old tabloids mixing fact with fiction.
    I believe the GAA want to go some work with the pitch and they want to do it around the time of the U2 gigs...I don't think it's U2 who are doing anything with the pitch.
    The residents around Croke Park (or Croker for all you red top readers;) ) are objecting to the work as they say it will involve heavy traffic etc into the evenings around their houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Their great for that sort of stuff:P:P
    The way the paper phrased it was that croker put loads of money into it n u2 just want to change it for 3 gigs which would make no sence!!!!!!

The way you describe it makes alot more sence!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

First time going to croke park for a gig. I was just wondering will the bars at the premium level be open? if so iam guessing its only plastic pints out to the seating area only??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

The set list for Croke Park has just been leaked.....:)

9:00pm: Bonehead and the boys take to the stage....
    • A song
    • Sermon on world peace
    • Another song
    • Sermon on third world debt
    • Another song
    • Sermon on global recession
    • A song by recently deceased pop star
    • Sermon on global recession
    • Some more songs
    • Interval
    • Sermon on Irish economy
    • Acoustic song
    • Rant at Brian Cowen and other third world leaders
    • Song
    • Another couple of songs
    • Rant about church abuse scandal
    • Big finish song
    • first encore (rant)
    • Second encore (maybe a song)
    • National Anthem (Dutch)
    • End
    • Memo: Don't forget to have a rant about property developers and particularly Anglo Irish Bank (guaranteed to get the crowd going).....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I believe the GAA want to go some work with the pitch and they want to do it around the time of the U2 gigs...I don't think it's U2 who are doing anything with the pitch.
    The residents around Croke Park (or Croker for all you red top readers;) ) are objecting to the work as they say it will involve heavy traffic etc into the evenings around their houses.
    Probably ripped straight from said tabloid.
    U2 to pay for new Croker surface
    Croke Park
    08 July 2009

Irish rock giants U2 have offered to pay for a new playing surface at Croke Park after their three concerts at the venue later this month.

Bono and the boys have asked for a special surface to be laid down for their concerts on July 24, 25 and 27, and they are prepared to meet the costs. The GAA have already agreed to their request and work on getting a new pitch laid in time for the All-Ireland SFC quarter-finals will commence immediately after the final concert. The cost of the revamp is expected to be in excess of EUR1 million.

The new pitch will need to be laid in double-quick time as the All-Ireland SFC quarter-finals take place across the August Bank Holiday weekend. There has been speculation that not all of the games will take place at GAA headquarters, but if Dublin beat Kildare in Sunday's Leinster final, they are certain to be accommodated.

The GAA could run into difficulty with local residents, however, who claim that the 14-hour working days required over three weeks, which would include the movement of heavy machinery, would greatly impact on their quality of life.
    http://www.hoganstand.com/Dublin/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=114485

• Advertisement

wrote:
    U2 to pay for new Croker surface
    Croke Park
    08 July 2009

Irish rock giants U2 have offered to pay for a new playing surface at Croke Park after their three concerts at the venue later this month.

Bono and the boys have asked for a special surface to be laid down for their concerts on July 24, 25 and 27, and they are prepared to meet the costs. The GAA have already agreed to their request and work on getting a new pitch laid in time for the All-Ireland SFC quarter-finals will commence immediately after the final concert. The cost of the revamp is expected to be in excess of EUR1 million.

The new pitch will need to be laid in double-quick time as the All-Ireland SFC quarter-finals take place across the August Bank Holiday weekend. There has been speculation that not all of the games will take place at GAA headquarters, but if Dublin beat Kildare in Sunday's Leinster final, they are certain to be accommodated.

The GAA could run into difficulty with local residents, however, who claim that the 14-hour working days required over three weeks, which would include the movement of heavy machinery, would greatly impact on their quality of life.

Yup that was the one

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭martco

lads, be REAL careful buying tickets

I struck gold on the extra "production" sales twist this week so I'm looking to put my original 4 saturday standing tickets on EBAY...

ANYWAYS
    I came across a pair going at twice face value "buy it now" sort of thing, thing is the stupid scum put high res piccys of the tickets up and only cos I had mine in the drawer and I was a bit bored I got curious and started comparing...slightly different font and certain numbers in the wrong places but only for that you'd not know. the ad is gone now, not sure if the admins caught it or someone bought them...

I'm fairly sure tickets get scanned on the way in to the ground (not just the UV yoke) so make sure you know what you are buying!

Someone should put a webpage up showing what the gen article looks like / how to tell genuine article. Apart from the €€€ imagine how **** you would feel getting turned away at the gates?!?!?

martco wrote: »
    lads, be REAL careful buying tickets

I struck gold on the extra "production" sales twist this week so I'm looking to put my original 4 saturday standing tickets on EBAY...

ANYWAYS
    I came across a pair going at twice face value "buy it now" sort of thing, thing is the stupid scum put high res piccys of the tickets up and only cos I had mine in the drawer and I was a bit bored I got curious and started comparing...slightly different font and certain numbers in the wrong places but only for that you'd not know. the ad is gone now, not sure if the admins caught it or someone bought them...

I'm fairly sure tickets get scanned on the way in to the ground (not just the UV yoke) so make sure you know what you are buying!

Someone should put a webpage up showing what the gen article looks like / how to tell genuine article. Apart from the €€€ imagine how **** you would feel getting turned away at the gates?!?!?

i agree!!!! its one thing paying face value for fakes but extra would be a real kick in the ball's!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I struck gold on the extra "production" sales twist this week

What do you mean....? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

martco, you should report the seller if you suspect the tickets are fakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭martco

What do you mean....? :confused:

Hogan Stand, middle of lower section 334 for the Monday night (with my son for his first ever concert) bang on the stage, couldn't have asked for better seats :)
    &
    on the pitch Saturday with me mates :D

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

What time do the gates open at?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

and are the bars open?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

U2 360 Tour Concert - Fri 24th July

5pm Stiles Open
    6.30pm Support Act 1 Glasvegas
    7.30pm Support Act 2 Damien Dempsey
    9pm U2
    11pm Concert Finishes

U2 360 Tour Concert - Sat 25th July

5pm Stiles Open
    6.30pm Support Act 1 Kaiser Chiefs
    7.30pm Support Act 2 Republic of Loose
    9pm U2
    11pm Concert Finishes

U2 360 Tour Concert - Mon 27th July

5pm Stiles Open
    6.30pm Support Act 1 The Script
    7.30pm Support Act 2 Bell X1
    9pm U2
    11pm Concert Finishes
    For further details, contact www.mcd.ie

clansman wrote: »
    and are the bars open?

Bars will be open but you won't be able to bring your drink to your seat or out on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

will you be able to bring it out to hogan stand?..genuinely not being a smart arse,like I have being acused of before:)
    Thanks

also has everyone received their tickets because I havent yet:eek:

poisonated wrote: »
    will you be able to bring it out to hogan stand?..genuinely not being a smart arse,like I have being acused of before:)
    Thanks

It won't matter what stand your in.Croke Park don't allow alcohol in the seats or out on the pitch.

This has been the case with all gigs that i've been to in Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭McGrath5

kennyu272 wrote: »
    U2 360 Tour Concert - Fri 24th July

5pm Stiles Open
    6.30pm Support Act 1 Glasvegas
    7.30pm Support Act 2 Damien Dempsey
    9pm U2
    11pm Concert Finishes

U2 360 Tour Concert - Sat 25th July

5pm Stiles Open
    6.30pm Support Act 1 Kaiser Chiefs
    7.30pm Support Act 2 Republic of Loose
    9pm U2
    11pm Concert Finishes

U2 360 Tour Concert - Mon 27th July

5pm Stiles Open
    6.30pm Support Act 1 The Script
    7.30pm Support Act 2 Bell X1
    9pm U2
    11pm Concert Finishes
    For further details, contact www.mcd.ie

Thanks for posting that, I guess you will have to get there a good few hours before the gates open to get near the front, I really want to get a good view for this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

For anybody interested, Riviera Radio MC will be broadcasting the U2 concert live from Nice on Wed 15th July.

The broadcast will be repeated again just after midnight.

Here's the link to their Shoutcast. Enjoy.

Thanks for the info.I'll def be listening in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I am surprised the Kaiser Chiefs aren't on immediatly before U2 on the Sat. night.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

poisonated wrote: »

No sign yet. I have to receive tickets for Friday and Monday.

kennyu272 wrote: »
    It won't matter what stand your in.Croke Park don't allow alcohol in the seats or out on the pitch.

This has been the case with all gigs that i've been to in Croke Park.
    I could swear I had my drinks at my seat during the last gig. Think I was in the Hogan stand (stage on my left,was 1/4 along the touchline)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Tenger wrote: »
    No sign yet. I have to receive tickets for Friday and Monday.

I could swear I had my drinks at my seat during the last gig. Think I was in the Hogan stand (stage on my left,was 1/4 along the touchline)

I got my tickets 2 months ago guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

As did I.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

finbarrk wrote: »
    I am surprised the Kaiser Chiefs aren't on immediatly before U2 on the Sat. night.

All the support acts must surely be in the wrong order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

:confused:

Not all.
    Bell X1 > The Script

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Unless they are giving a nod to Irish acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

It there an accurate plan of where the stage will be positioned? Read the it would take up 42% of the pitch space.. tho looking at the ticketmaster plan it doesn't seem to..

lg_dublin.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Thanks for that!!

Advertisement