Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justice League **Spoilers from post 980 onward**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It must be a flashback related to Batman's redemption arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I thought we reached peak bad news in 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Flash back to Jason Todd maybe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

My first thought too; we do see his costume spray painted by the Joker but hanging in the batcave, during either BVS or JL (I can't recall which)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

pixelburp wrote: »
    My first thought too; we do see his costume spray painted by the Joker but hanging in the batcave, during either BVS or JL (I can't recall which)

It was BVS, as I remember watching & hoping they'd come back to that somewhere down the line...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Snyder said previously that in his universe it's
    Dick Grayson
    that is dead. Can't remember though if that's because he was the one murdered by The Joker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I think, Dick Grayson survived being Robin, Jason Todd was killed and Tim Drake went mad from being tortured by the Joker? correct me if I am wrong, no time to go wikipedia hunting right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Snap :P

I'm glad to hear this news tbh, I was excited when Leto was cast and hopefully with the benefit of hindsight they'll be able to correct that abomination from Suicide Squad.

On a side note, SS director David Ayer says that the film was more or less taken off of him and that an "Ayer cut" is more or less on the shelf and ready to go if there was any intirest in a directors cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

On a side note, SS director David Ayer says that the film was more or less taken off of him and that an "Ayer cut" is more or less on the shelf and ready to go if there was any intirest in a directors cut.

If it includes that swirling cloud of evil (did they learn nothing from Green Lantern) and the weird bubble headed looking alien henchmen (what the fcuk were they?)

no thanks

1. Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Funny how he says this now when in 2016 he said "this cut of the movie is my cut, there's no sort of parallel universe version of the movie, the released movie is my cut."

I know there is towing the studio promo line at the time but then you don't need to come out with this kind of comment if you secretly wish you could do a director's cut in time. It's likely to generate hyppe, more fan calls for this cut to be made and come out and a few more $$ to be squeezed from it.

2. Advertisement
    3. Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Funny how he says this now when in 2016 he said "this cut of the movie is my cut, there's no sort of parallel universe version of the movie, the released movie is my cut."

I know there is towing the studio promo line at the time but then you don't need to come out with this kind of comment if you secretly wish you could do a director's cut in time. It's likely to generate hyppe, more fan calls for this cut to be made and come out and a few more $$ to be squeezed from it.

Is there an element of this whole "secret cut" of a movie being used as an excuse by directors when the original one doesn't go down well..."oh well, you'd want to see the version I WANTED to put out, but the bad men in the studio wouldn't let me"

4. Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Can we stop calling it the "Snyder Cut" now, this is not a new cut of existing footage and with Leto's addition this doesn't even seem to be the original vision Snyder had himself.

5. Registered Users Posts: 28,855 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If they ever get around to making another film in this universe will it be a follow up to the Whedon version or this version?

6. Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

CastorTroy wrote: »
      If they ever get around to making another film in this universe will it be a follow up to the Whedon version or this version?

I'd imagine any sequel would be a follow up to this future slo-mo sh!t show.

7. Posts: 0 [Deleted User]

FunLover18 wrote: »
      Can we stop calling it the "Snyder Cut" now, this is not a new cut of existing footage and with Leto's addition this doesn't even seem to be the original vision Snyder had himself.

What shall we call it? Not being smart, because it is a fairly unique, unprecedented project and "Director's Cut" doesn't quite...cut it.

It does seem that Snyder is adding material which he didn't intend for his original vision. Clearly, WB see this having legs and are investing in it as a flagship for a new HBO streaming platform. If you have personalities like Ben Affleck and Jared Leto saying "Sure, why not!" to additional filming...well then why not throw everything at this and make it the best (that the director thinks) it can be. All of the important parties are probably looking at this now as "We have 3/4 of a TV series already shot, let's put our all into the final 1/4."

I would hope myself that Leto is to be used in flashbacks. If this JL project will be shown in episodic format as has been mooted, a full episode of a flashback to Batman/Joker's history would be something I'd be very much interested in. As has been already hinted at in this universe, Batman and Joker have some serious beef in their collective past revolving around Robin.

Otherwise, outside of flashbacks, inserting Leto's Joker into the present timeline of Justice League doesn't really interest me. Surely it's going to be convoluted enough as is with Steppenwolf, Darkseid et al.

8. Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

Redux !!

9. Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Manganiello has been pictured with the same hair and beard he had for Deathstroke so there is now talk that he is heading back to film scenes.

10. Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Manganiello has been pictured with the same hair and beard he had for Deathstroke so there is now talk that he is heading back to film scenes.

This is a new film folks - no two ways about it. New tone, characters, scenes and I would say the story will be significantly different too. Very excited for this

11. Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,150 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Let’s just be clear that any notion that this is the fabled Snyder Cut of the original film can now be completely disregarded. This is not the film he’d have made even if he finished production as planned.

12. Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Let’s just be clear that any notion that this is the fabled Snyder Cut of the original film can now be completely disregarded. This is not the film he’d have made even if he finished production as planned.

There was a cut, just not one that was 4 hours long. ;) Snyder has taken to saying "no compromises" so I imagine the stuff he's shooting is from his and Terrio's script that was thrown out by Geoff Johns.

Either way whether he had a cut or not is irrelevant at this point.

13. Advertisement
    14. Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Any real notion of a Snyder cut was abolished the minute he was fired, the events that led to this version were always going to have an impact on Snyders version.

The important thing here is that he has all his original footage and he’s not using any of JWs footage.

He’s adding footage that will suit Snyders original tone and vision, so while it’s not a fabled Snyder cut, it will be in the spirit of a Snyder cut, and that’s good enough for me.

15. Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Prior to Justice League’s reshoot process, blatantly racist conversations were had and entertained—on multiple occasions—by former and current top level executives at Warner Bros. Pictures,” Fisher claimed. “Decision-makers that participated in those racist conversations were Geoff Johns, Jon Berg, and current Warner Bros. Pictures Group chairman Toby Emmerich.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/justice-league-ray-fisher-claims-race-influenced-warner-bros-reshoots-1234571413/

I hope Ray got some sound advice before going public with this. Apparently there was an accusation of recolouring a black actor by Whedon included in the Forbes interview however this seems to have disappeared now.

16. Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm not long out of bed so maybe it's that, but I'm really not seeing any examples of this racist behaviour Fisher is meant to have experienced. Lots of abstracts and nods towards the concept, but no "they did / said this about me". Or indeed what other people of colour were "erased" from the film besides himself. Plus it's kinda funny how he's complaining about Cyborg getting sidelined when he was a central pillar of the entire plot. As the new character he got a lot of screen time IMO

17. Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Definitely some flimsy accusations that will play into the hands of his detractors.

18. Registered Users Posts: 85,345 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Zack Snyder says Carla Gugino was his choice to play Catwoman

19. Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

another watchmen favourite.
      great actress though.

20. Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭techdiver

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

She also voiced Kelor (one of the Krypton AI robots) in Man of Steel and also the ship AI in Batman v Superman.

21. Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Where did he say that? I can't find anything recent but I do recall him saying it before.

When I read the likes of Hush and the Long Halloween recently, Guigino was the first that came into my mind as the character. She would be fantastic.

It really is to be spoilt being a comic book fan these days.

22. Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Any chance they try and squeeze this out for Christmas? Seems like a superb opportunity to get huge attention when no other movie or show like this will be released anytime soon. There is literally no competition for this movie, possibly until next summer. The fact it’s gonna be on TV means they can release it whenever they want. I’d pay 20 quid to see what it’s offering.

23. Advertisement
    24. Registered Users Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Zack Snyder has released these pics as a first look. He leaked them through an interview with The Nerd Queens on Youtube.

Darkseid

Martian Manhunter (poor quality)

https://cosmicbook.news/zack-snyder-darkseid-martian-manhunter

Your thoughts?

Advertisement