Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkglasses/Pompous 1.9 Server Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Pompous wrote: »
    I'm now aiming to get it set up by midnight Sunday.

Sorry for the delay but it's not a simple task. I have to figure out how to upload it to a linux server (which I am unfamiliar with). Also the weather has been so nice all week, I haven't spent any time on the computer.
    I've done a fair amount of Linux work - can I help? I know how to do stuff like FTP upload and copy over SSH (SCP, for when they've given you a "shell" account). For SCP you can use WinSCP on Windows, or one of the many FTP clients out there.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

The server is now up and running. I lost the old whitelist so I'll need everyone to post their whitelist requests (usernames)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Welchy80 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Well, I decided to "retire" the name Maillart, in protest over the lack of structural rigour in Minecraft. Maybe the real Maillart would have appreciated the ability to span mountain valleys using nothing but unreinforced dirt, but then we wouldn't have masterpieces such as this:

pe-maillart-salginatobel.jpg

So I've decided to go for an obscure literary reference this time: can you whitelist DirkGently on the new server?

(Amazing that no-one had taken than name, yet Slartibartfast, Vroomfondel and GrunthosTheFlatulent were all taken ... )

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

mhiggy11 is mine

Will we get an invite or do we need to put the ip in?

• Advertisement

Apologies, the IP is 37.59.15.101

When I like your post it means you have been white-listed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'm now able to log in fine Pomp, whatever problem I had is sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Can I get whitelisted please? irishalanl

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'd like to join again if I may. John_TheProp
    Ta. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

is dynmap on this server and if it is how do I use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

jamo2oo9 please :)

mhiggy09 wrote: »
    is dynmap on this server and if it is how do I use it.

Dynmap is not on this server. Yet...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Dynmap is not on this server. Yet...

If it's a lot of trouble, you might want to see the in-game map stuff that's coming with Minecraft 1.9. Dynamap *might* become redundant

If it's a lot of trouble, you might want to see the in-game map stuff that's coming with Minecraft 1.9. Dynamap *might* become redundant

I'll take that as reason enough not to bother with the lengthy process of getting Dynmap up and running ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 KittyPot

Could I get Oni_Usagi and rashersandbeans whitelisted? :D

Pomp can you remove spawn protection when you get a chance?

Whoops :) How big is it?

Yeah I'll get on that asap!

I removed the spawn protection. Let me know if it hasn't taken effect and I'll restart the server.

I removed the spawn protection. Let me know if it hasn't taken effect and I'll restart the server.

Grand, I'll be on tonight.

1.9 snapshot coming any day now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

can you whitelist me?
    my ign is nathanmcsharry

• Advertisement

Yeah it hasn't taken effect yet! Still can't break blocks at spawn

Is there a layer of protection just around the command block teleporters?

Is there a layer of protection just around the command block teleporters?

What do you mean?

I'm pretty sure you can't destroy command blocks unless you're OP...

What do you mean?

I'm pretty sure you can't destroy command blocks unless you're OP...

For some reason I can't seem to break any blocks (even dirt blocks) within about a 5 block radius of the command block teleporters?

Maybe it just seemed like the command blocks were the centre of the protected area, since the spawn point is right beside them. Not sure about that one.

I restarted the server, removed the spawn protection, and enabled command blocks. Everything should be sorted now. Thanks for letting me know what's what.

Maybe it just seemed like the command blocks were the centre of the protected area, since the spawn point is right beside them. Not sure about that one.

I restarted the server, removed the spawn protection, and enabled command blocks. Everything should be sorted now. Thanks for letting me know what's what.

Cool cool will check it out shortly. The teleporters weren't working for me either.

Cool cool will check it out shortly. The teleporters weren't working for me either.

By the way...Anyone been hearing any strange noises lately? Like a stamping or something? Really weird.

Think the first 1.9 snapshot is out either today or tomorrow? First proper update in a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Can I get whitelisted, Demanuelle

• Advertisement

Coming soon to Pompus' server.....IKEA

Advertisement