Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkglasses/Pompous 1.9 Server Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

The realm will be moving to Dec's server soon. Just as soon as I learn how to use a Linux server.

Start thinking now about what plugins you want or don't want...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Pompous wrote: »
    The realm will be moving to Dec's server soon. Just as soon as I learn how to use a Linux server.

Start thinking now about what plugins you want or don't want...

Dynamap is the only one I remember...

Is Bukkit back in action or are we doing Spigot?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Same map and all that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Are those plugins working on MC 1.8? Going back to 1.7.x isn't really an option if you want to keep all that nice Granite.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

bnt wrote: »
    Are those plugins working on MC 1.8? Going back to 1.7.x isn't really an option if you want to keep all that nice Granite.

I'd say so - I doubt Pompus would give up his guardian farming :D

• Advertisement

Same map, I have no interest in any other map.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

If the stadium disappeared at this point I might just cry :p

Yeah, map resets are not my thing. I never quite understood them...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Yeah, map resets are not my thing. I never quite understood them...

Often, newer version change terrain generation resulting in an ugly mess and sometimes chunk corruption at the border of the "old" chunks where new chunk generation begins. It may also cause corruption issues closer to home.

At worst, block IDs or functionality are changed making the new version incompatible with old maps. In less severe instances editing programs can be used to forcibly alter old maps to make them compatible, but the more complicated the blocks involved (particularly TileEntities with inventories) the greater the chance of something breaking. Spectacularly.

Often, resets are just used to give people a freshly up-to-date blank canvas to work from in the hope of pulling in new players and old alike.

Solitaire wrote: »
    Often, resets are just used to give people a freshly up-to-date blank canvas to work from in the hope of pulling in new players and old alike.

I don't think it's worth deleting everyone's stuff for the sake of a couple of weeks of server popularity. I'm going to stay with this map until it is truly dead. :)

• Advertisement

I prefer it if old maps are kept as alternate dimensions accessible via commands or other mechanics, but again re my last post its not always easily doable :o

I don't think it's worth deleting everyone's stuff for the sake of a couple of weeks of server popularity. I'm going to stay with this map until it is truly dead. :)

I'd agree with that. I don't think it's worth losing months of progress for the sake of a week to ten days of activity.

1.9 combat update hype!

If anyone is wondering why I have been playing less lately, here's why--

4443028717.png

Yep, we're back to internet speeds that were sh*t 15 years ago.

Just ordered my first proper gaming PC. Soon I will be joining the land of modded minecraft :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just ordered my first proper gaming PC. Soon I will be joining the land of modded minecraft :D

Hard to even say where would be the best place to start,you probably know already but the various launchers have some great mod packs.

My prefered 2 would be FTB and ATLauncher

Comgrats on the PC by the way:)

EoinHef wrote: »
    Hard to even say where would be the best place to start,you probably know already but the various launchers have some great mod packs.

My prefered 2 would be FTB and ATLauncher

Comgrats on the PC by the way:)

Thanks! I know a little bit about mod packs, but not a whole lot. I'm not sure FtB is the one for me really, I got the feeling that there's a whole lot of technical/electrical stuff and redstone and that stuff doesn't really interest me. I'd be more interested in getting more custom mobs, biomes, and weird building stuff like carpenters blocks and open blocks. The only techy mods that I'm really interested in are Advanced Genetics and Tinker's Construct I think.

I might try to give Attack of the B-Team a go, even though I don't think it's the most stable choice. Any recommendations for similar mod-packs would be welcome!

I would recommend Infinity, if only it were more stable >_> Good mix of magic and light-tech (no crazy stuff really) with Carpenters Blocks and Chisel for building, OpenBlocks and Extra Utilities for utilities, Biomes O' Plenty for biomes, and Ender Zoo's mobs and Thaumcraft's rares and mini-bosses adding a bit of spice to the usual mobs. Oh, and TiCo + ExtraTiC to satisfy your tinkering needs :)

A good idea might be to grab the FTB Launcher and have a browse of the packs on offer for what interests you :)

The Realm appears to be down at the moment, and was last night too. Expired?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

bnt wrote: »
    The Realm appears to be down at the moment, and was last night too. Expired?

Probably, we're moving over to the actual server soon I think.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's moving to a new server soon. The month subscription expired today and I didn't want to pay for another one.

Cool. I'd like to contribute a bit o' cash at some point, too, seeing as I've been on the Realms fairly regularly. (PayPal?)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was in hell last night

2015-06-27-225443_zpsojstypph.jpg

sorry if this is the wrong thread :o

I was in hell last night

2015-06-27-225443_zpsojstypph.jpgsorry if this is the wrong thread :o

ooh Playstation minecraft :eek:

You should get some armour!

Tried installing FtB launcher, for some reason it kept failing to load any modpacks. Tried about four times, but no dice. Weird, I had installed it easily on my laptop a good while ago.

I'll try the technic launcher today.

The Technic launcher worked well, loving the Attack of the B-Team modpack :D

353456.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The Technic launcher worked well, loving the Attack of the B-Team modpack :D

353456.png

Nice hat:)

Hats make a man :cool:

And a modpack :p

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

hi guys,
    I was wondering when the server will be set up.

• Advertisement

I'm now aiming to get it set up by midnight Sunday.

Sorry for the delay but it's not a simple task. I have to figure out how to upload it to a linux server (which I am unfamiliar with). Also the weather has been so nice all week, I haven't spent any time on the computer.

Advertisement