Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Parking in Waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

iseegirls wrote: »
    - Lidl on the Tramore Road. The big yellow rectangle outside the front doors and trolley area. This area is to allow cars to go past each other when parking around the corner at the left of the building. Why people have to park here is beyond me. There must be at least 200 spaces alone surrounding Lidl, but I counted 10 cars on the yellow rectangle on Sunday.

Was over by Lidl yesterday, and was glad to see this has now been sorted out. They've now erected poles around the yellow box, allowing customers to get and return their trolley safely, without having to veer around cars parked illegally on the yellow box. Maybe this thread made it happen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

iseegirls wrote: »
    They've now erected poles around the yellow box, allowing customers to get and return their trolley safely, without having to veer around cars parked illegally on the yellow box.

And yet, only last Friday there was that red BMW 3 on 151-D plates parked right outside the entrance on the yellow box where no poles were put. Some people must have found their licence in cereal box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Car parking in Splashworld, Tramore is a joke! One lady parks on the right on

the road leading into the car park & another in the exit area ater the entrance.

They're not short of parking spaces either!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Lads are lining up in the car park firing petrol bombs at each other, vigilantes protesting about same and the guards are just pulling up to use the ATM and fecking off again, utter madness out there.

What is becoming of this fine city.

Huh? I think you live on another planet. I go to Ardkeen every second day or so, I've never seen anything of the kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just thought I'd add this hazard

Women_parking.jpg

and mention the Tramore Road area outside Smyths where the cycle lane is now a permanent car park in the run up to Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Women_parking.jpg

and mention the Tramore Road area outside Smyths where the cycle lane is now a permanent car park in the run up to Christmas.

That’s tame. Live in the city centre area for years like I did and you’ll see the incredible. One day I went out the front door to find some lovely person had parked the car up on the footpath literally a few inch’s from the door. I had to turn sideways to get out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Women_parking.jpg

Yeah that is bad alright unless of course the car was pulled forward so they could get their shopping in the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

Possibly about to start a heated debate with this, but, why should these spaces exist? I don't agree with them, and would much prefer to see OAP spaces instead. Elderly people could require closer parking, but parents should not get automatic rights just because they have kids.

I don't park in them myself, unless there are literally no other spaces around, but only because i couldn't be bothered trying to defend my position on them to strangers on the street who take exception to it.

There's also no legal requirement not to park in them. And before anyone asks, no, i don't have kids of my own, and no, i don't care about the struggles parents may have with bringing kids to the shopping centres. That's another annoyance of mine, but that's for a different thread. Parents decided to have kids, shouldn't mean they get automatic rights at anything. I've decided not to have kids, so can i have my "No Children" spaces near the doors?

Ultimately, it's up to the shops themselves to decide whether they want to designate spaces as parent and child spaces or not. If that's the designation, shoppers ought to follow that designation.

Sometimes parents have no choice but to bring kids shopping with them. Everyone needs to shop and sometimes there's nobody else to mind the kids. Believe me, it's no fun dragging a couple of kids all the way through a car park, pushing a trolley and cars driving around you. I would guess that part of the reason for designated parent and child spaces is safety. On the other hand, if I'm on my own, it's really no big deal if I have to walk a distance to my car. I don't see that this designation is really any skin off anyone else's nose. It's just a little way of making life a little easier for one section of the population - a little bit of genorosity if you like.

I agree with you about elderly people btw - some of them definitely need it. Though one difficulty might be that some elderly are as able-bodied as the rest of us so such a designation for all elderly people might not be entirely fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

alta stare wrote: »
    Yeah that is bad alright unless of course the car was pulled forward so they could get their shopping in the boot.

No it was like that when I went in to shop. No car behind anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Take your pick of any Tesco car park in Waterford to see bad parking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

No it was like that when I went in to shop. No car behind anyway

Bad parking so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Ursuline. There's usually a car parked on the corner where the double yellow lines are at the lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Flow Motion

Speaking of bad parking, on Saturday evening, in the height of the rush hour, the town full of people out and about Wintervalling I noticed whilst driving down the Quay (towards the Tower direction) that traffic was backed up and @ a standstill in the other direction by the GPO roundabout as artic lorry couldn't turn properly, straighten up and pass down the Quay because *someone* was too busy to park properly and just abandoned their car/small van in the cycle lane outside the turnoff to City Square of all places. The large truck had no room to pass it so of course the traffic came to a complete standstill. I'm sure that they must have been in a "rush" I suppose and would have of course been back in a few minutes no doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fargojones123

The strand road on Tramore always has bad parking, very few people park within the lines, so they take up two spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭aziz

Here's a right doozie

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Flow Motion

aziz wrote: »
    Here's a right doozie

Suppose whoever owns it can open the window of their house and jump right in! Tis like a portable extension to the property. Maybe they should try rent out the room? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,113 ✭✭✭✭looksee

How could anyone park like that - and pull away - without taking the side off the car. Its impressive.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

looksee wrote: »
    How could anyone park like that - and pull away - without taking the side off the car. Its impressive.

You're only seeing the front,
    The side view looks like this

6a9e8357dfcef71eb2e3cb1d5b687bbc.jpg

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 AviationUK

The strand road on Tramore always has bad parking, very few people park within the lines, so they take up two spaces

Could do with a parking warden alright there.

What really annoys me is when they park outside on the same side of the road as Dooleys chipper blocking the road even though there are spaces free not five metres away from their cars...,

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

I would like to think that this was a breakdown but you just never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭spaceCreated

The best solution is to put in the child + parent spaces like they have in Ardkeen tesco, far enough away its only of benefit if you have a buggy and children. The pathway behind means its safe to pop out the buggy and put children in, its then safe to walk to the shop along the pathway. They could probably double the amount of spaces there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Parking on that high footpath just around the corner from the Golden Fry is unreal. Its pure laziness to stick the car up on the path, put the hazards on and leave it there for up to 30 mins while you get your food! Plus any cars coming around Lower Grange side will only see it at the last second so very dangerous. Theres plenty of parking outside the flower shop or church parking lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

I'd absolutely love to be a parking warden for a little while. Would get pure pleasure hitting up all the usual spots. I'd even work Sundays for free just to have a pop at all the illegal parking at mass time up by Newtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

school pick ups particularly primary (school ones) are another example of daily moronic parking behaviour and driver manoeuvres….you could target these also to enhance your day as a traffic/parking warden…😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Outside McDonalds Cork Road, absolutely disgraceful parking by the delivery drivers, always arse out on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

A 'Just Eat' driver waiting for his order!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ive actually set down there on the odd occasion when herself runs into Dunnes, never anymore than 10 mins and Ive never left the car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Parking outside the flower shop is an absolute disaster for anyone trying to pull out from the green. There should be double yellow lines from that corner up to across from the church. As someone who regularly has to pull out of there I'm amazed there isn't more accidents. It's bad enough having the bus stop just by the flower shop (it should be moved to half way down the green) but then you usually have some twat parked right on the corner blocking visibility so you have to pull halfway out into a lane of fast traffic just to see around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

a fully insured fully commercially insured, fully registered self employed tax paying just east driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Londis supermarket, Ballinakill S.C about 7 this evening. The only car in the car park, half in a disabled space, half in a regular space.

Advertisement