Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlefield 4 Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Nope.

That's FatPaulie from PixelEnemy.

Nice sig ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Anyone else having issues with friendly tags not always showing up until you point at a player, or spam Q near them? The result all too often is a TK and it doesnt even tell the shooter they killed a friendly.

Im not sure if its some kind of "feature" or something, but its really annoying!

The game though, awesome and stunningly beautiful and the sounds, well I didnt think they could top BF3, but this is something else.

Never in my gaming life, and Ive been gaming since the Acorn Electron and ZX Spectrum, have I see such a huge improvement from a beta to the launch version. Like two different games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

THIS GAME IS BLOODY AWESOME

That is all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

anyone order bf4 for ps3 and talk to gamestop yet about upgrading to the ps4 version of the game on it's release? supposed to be E15 but knowing gamestop it'll be more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Hi, anyone know when we can see Second Assault live? I am actually dying to see the new metro....could be incredible?

I'd like to see the outdoors path extended down the map to the park, i.e. when moving from B to the Russian Deployment and taking the left exit there is a void there which would be good possibly for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

hallo dare wrote: »
    anyone order bf4 for ps3 and talk to gamestop yet about upgrading to the ps4 version of the game on it's release? supposed to be E15 but knowing gamestop it'll be more.
    Is that €15 with the PS3 copy as a trade in or do you get to have both copies?
    The former isn't much of an incentive to buy the PS3 version for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

4670k@4.2/6950@6970
    playing on high with 50-60 fps, no drops. they've done a great job optimizing the whole thing vs beta
    I'm already in love with this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You have two options. If your game has a code you can buy a digital upgrade from Sony for a tenner and you keep bf4 for ps3 and download it for ps4.

Or trade it in game stop for 15 for a new boxed ps4 copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    4670k@4.2/6950@6970
    playing on high with 50-60 fps, no drops. they've done a great job optimizing the whole thing vs beta
    I'm already in love with this game

This is music to my 6950 ears! Loverly!

• Advertisement

just out of gamestop now. you have 30 days from the day of purchase of bf4 on ps3 to trade it in plus add E15 to get bf4 on the ps4. Or just keep your disx and do a digital download for E10 to your ps4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Just picked up my preorder from xtravision and was given a bag full of random bf4 branded stuff - tshirt, choccie bar, keychain bottle opener, mini first aid kit, emergency poncho.
    Gonna be a long day at work now, must try and slope off early if I can :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Nice one! Lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Gonna be a long day at work now

You remember it. Remember every bit of it, 'cause we are on the eve of a day that people are going to talk about long after we are dead and gone.

Mandatory Longest Day quote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Hello_MrFox

Is this a big improvement over 3?

Just picked up my preorder from xtravision and was given a bag full of random bf4 branded stuff - tshirt, choccie bar, keychain bottle opener, mini first aid kit, emergency poncho.

Me too except mine contained, the drawstring bag, the chocolate bar, a bottle of lucozade orange, the chocolate bar, a lanyard and the bottle opener. Oh and of course the dog tags. From Gamestop. Wasn't expecting anything bonus so delighted with it! :D

ilcX5En.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

mozattack wrote: »
    Hi, anyone know when we can see Second Assault live? I am actually dying to see the new metro....could be incredible?

I'd like to see the outdoors path extended down the map to the park, i.e. when moving from B to the Russian Deployment and taking the left exit there is a void there which would be good possibly for that

Id like it if they could expand the map to include bits of Seine Crossing seeing as the Russian spawn in Metro is essentially the back of the building that the Russians spawn beside in Seine.

Probably not feasible, but it'd be nice if they tried it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is it me, or there is quite a lack of servers? I managed to get in to few, but there are some lag issues etc.

After playing some more multiplayer, I can believe how good maps are. These maps are huge improvement over BF3.

plenty of them for me, with fantastic pings too (28+)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Is it me, or there is quite a lack of servers? I managed to get in to few, but there are some lag issues etc.

After playing some more multiplayer, I can believe how good maps are. These maps are huge improvement over BF3.

a lot of people havent bought/upgraded servers because they're only getting the game today

multiplayer is buggy sometimes and needs a patch

Yeah maps are better its amazing what happens when the 360/ps3 arent considered during level design

Are you using the server browser?

Also, you can reduce your latency by reducing the 'Network Smoothing Factor' in Options>Gameplay.

• Advertisement

DaLad wrote: »
    Are you using the server browser?

Also, you can reduce your latency by reducing the 'Network Smoothing Factor' in Options>Gameplay.

Aye, I am. As NTMK said, good few servers have not updated yet. I will try to lower that latency thing too.

Aye, I am. As NTMK said, good few servers have not updated yet. I will try to lower that latency thing too.

By reducing it, some visuals mightn't be as good, such as gamertags above peoples heads but it's not too bad.

don't forget the lucozade also. nice to get a few goodies along with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

hallo dare wrote: »
    don't forget the lucozade also. nice to get a few goodies along with it.

Sippin' on it now! Nice surprise alright, actually got a t-shirt the day I pre-ordered as well so wasn't expecting anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

ktulu123 wrote: »
    For those having some stuttering issues/graphical issues this video tutorial helped me out :)

odd thing.

My game had been running damn well (considering my system) when I initially started playing, and today I thought I'd do what was suggested in this video just to see if it makes things even better.

I had no stuttering issues prior to this

now I do.

I feel like an idiot, should have left what was working well alone.

I can run the game in ultra in single player and work with about 40fps

but multiplayer I keep things in high or medium and normally this gave me 60-70fps steady

today I was dipping constantly into the 40s and 30s, especially on parasal storm.

maps like dawnbreaker were fine for the most part and the really odd part was my fps improved when the storm started, prior in fully sunny happy weather...it was awful.

Will do some experimenting poking etc.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im running a fairly crappy machine and honestly this has been released with a decent degree of optimisation.

My specs

Athlon 2 x4 @ 3.3
    Radeon 6870
    4gb Ram
    Windows 7

Nothing to write home about but playing at 1680x1050 at High settings and getting a solid 60 fps.Some maps Im dropping to 50 but this is more playable than BF3 was when it was released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

heh, sort of solved my issues

it seems the old beta trick of setting bf4 to run in low priority does the trick to counter whatever ****wit action I did with those directx drivers.

hopefully mantel will be much smoother with my 7870.

my specs

amd phenom x4 955

12 gig ram

radeon hd 7870

I can run the campaign with everything on ultra and it is very playable. But not to the standard one would need to be competitive online

the training field is a damn poor test bed for fps cause I get over 120 fps when I run around there when in game it sticks at 60fps when I'm running 1920X1080 with a mix of high and medium with AA off and dynamic lighting (hbao, ssao) off aswell

tempted to drop my resolution down a smidge if it actually improves performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

LAGGGGGGG!!!!!!

Killing certain maps :(

Anyone have a link where I can see second assault on Xbox from tonight?

Caspian looks the same!!!! "!""

Played Rush tonight, they removed the icon when as defender you know your team was disarming. Annoying

Also have the arming sound so low I find it hard to know what is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

I wish they had kept the little icon that told you where your at-mines were planted and if they were destroyed. Anyone else noticing it freezing similar to the metro freeze on specific maps that Hainian map in particular (Xbox). Vehicles don't handle as smoothly as Id like

• Advertisement

Well, I honestly LOVE it. Its definitely not a BF 3.1 The Test Island is such a great IDEA. I finally was able to fly some helicopters and learn the basics. Now I have a lot more confidence in real games.

Its gets thumbs from me and "Shadowhearts seal of approval!" :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

What a game. Playing on ps3. First real crack at battlefield. Hard to get to grips with but enjoying it. Any good servers for it in ps3 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

CptMackey wrote: »
    What a game. Playing on ps3. First real crack at battlefield. Hard to get to grips with but enjoying it. Any good servers for it in ps3 ?
    Get a pc or buy ps4 xbone when they come out and see how you like 64 player mayhem ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm not too sure about it - I need to play more.

I like the new weapons and increased variety but I find the colours saturated to the point of looking cartoony at times. Also the orange fill in the killcam is the worst thing ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Agree with the killcam thign there. Although I'm only playing on ps3 to tide me over till next gen. I HATE the way the damage has been increased/health has been decreased exponentially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Absolutely loving BF4 so far but I seem to be constantly getting disconnected tonight, so I've decided to take a break from playing and make my first ever emblem for a game:

5ph0.png

Played Rush tonight, they removed the icon when as defender you know your team was disarming. Annoying

I think you can watch it from the live event player from earlier... It should be on the dashboard.

Or.... here.... lol

1:37:05 to start the actual show btw :P

The more I've played it the better my opinion of it has become, however, the reduced TTK really irks me still. Corner camping was never an issue in previous BFs because any semi skilled player could usually get the turn on a player camping in a corner but it seemed really prevalent in the games I played today. I hope its just limited to the current gen consoles. Can't imagine a 32/64 player game having that issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Played it for 6 hours tonight. Really love the big maps. A few small annoyances. I keep getting stuck on random crap on the maps. My guy doesn't jump over them and I end up getting shot! My tank got stuck on the top checkpoint in the dish map. Eventually just blew my way out of it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

5uspect wrote: »
    I'm not too sure about it - I need to play more.

I like the new weapons and increased variety but I find the colours saturated to the point of looking cartoony at times. Also the orange fill in the killcam is the worst thing ever.

Easily solved by playing like a man, on hardcore! Kill cams, health regen, 100% health is a sorry sad state of affairs.

For hardcore, come join our server here.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/91074c55-5173-4e7f-803c-7aeb51ef5e1d/DST-UK-Hardcore-www-deltastriketeam-com/

Played a six hour session on PS3. Overall excellent, especially

- medic train over, only got revived 4 times in 6 hrs

- ttk is a little longer in Beta, actually perfect now... running and gunning shod be done with more caution

- really love recon now, great fun using pld and sniping or c4 and motion balls

- weather in Paracel Storm is amazing

- relied system in vehicles is excellent

On a negative the graphics on ps3 are a struggle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Easily solved by playing like a man, on hardcore! Kill cams, health regen, 100% health is a sorry sad state of affairs.

For hardcore, come join our server here.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/91074c55-5173-4e7f-803c-7aeb51ef5e1d/DST-UK-Hardcore-www-deltastriketeam-com/

I think he is saying it's too easy to die in which case hardcore means he will die quicker. For some reason he mentions you should be able to turn around and shoot someone who started shooting you in the back. That's the last thing bf needs.

I think he is saying it's too easy to die in which case hardcore means he will die quicker. For some reason he mentions you should be able to turn around and shoot someone who started shooting you in the back. That's the last thing bf needs.

Nah that guy he was talking to was someone else. I was mentioning the vastly reduced ttk. It removes a certain degree of gunplay from the game was my point. Im not gonna be all snarky cause maybe I phrased it poorly but in bf3 and bfbc2 if someone got the jump on you but was fairly inaccurate you could take them down first if you were accurate and quick.

With the reduced ttk this is less common imo as I've been killed by spray and pray more often than usual. I'm not saying this as someone who is useless at the game or anything. I quite pride myself in being the top 0% in different categories in bf3 for varying periods of time :pac: Its just I find myself dying more often.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I quite pride myself in being the top 0% in different categories in bf3 for varying periods of time :pac: Its just I find myself dying more often.
    yup, nailed it :P

• Advertisement

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    yup, nailed it :P

Its the way http://bf3stats.com/ Do it. 0% is 1 and so on. They don't go as far as 100 for some reason :P just 99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

3wayswitch wrote: »
    Absolutely loving BF4 so far but I seem to be constantly getting disconnected tonight, so I've decided to take a break from playing and make my first ever emblem for a game:

5ph0.png

How da' **** did you make that lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    How da' **** did you make that lol.

Add a black circle, a yellow circle, and another black circle and stretch them out to look like this:

jhim.png

Then just add some yellow circles and boxes over the inner black circle to shape out the Batman logo like this (I've coloured the shapes different colours so you can see them better)

d0ag.png

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Nah, we're getting posts confused. I was just simply complaining about some of the graphics and the orange fill in the killcam. BTW I do like hardcore, but everyone is playing everything and anything now so it's irrelevant.

Anyhoo since we're talking about ttk - I don't know yet, I haven't played enough, though I need to work on my accuracy. Certainly I would hold up TF2 as a game where there's a bit more of a 'dance' with an opponent with much slower weapons etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement