Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Vaccine

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,323 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    hmmm thats not how it works

Even though your vaccinated, you always have the potential to spread it

That wont change over time

Again, you're showing you don't really know how vaccines or viruses work.
    I'm pretty sure that you don't now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

aido79 wrote: »
    How do you know this?

read some of Peter Doshi's articles from the BMJ

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4037

Tal Zaks, chief medical officer at Moderna
    Our trial will not demonstrate prevention of transmission,” Zaks said

So none of the 7 companies producing a vaccine ran tests for the interruption of transmission (person to person spread)

I think thats an important key factor, dont you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So none of the 7 companies producing a vaccine ran tests for the interruption of transmission (person to person spread)

the oxford trial did run tests for transmission https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-11-23-oxford-university-breakthrough-global-covid-19-vaccine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

There are vaccine and Covid threads for this stuff, what's the conspiracy relevance of any of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

So from that you managed to jump to the conclusion that the vaccine will never stop the transmission of the virus?

Seriously this is nothing to do with a conspiracy. You're just looking for a reason not to take the vaccine.

aido79 wrote: »
    So from that you managed to jump to the conclusion that the vaccine will never stop the transmission of the virus?

Seriously this is nothing to do with a conspiracy. You're just looking for a reason not to take the vaccine.

It wasnt tested, WHY? Because they knew it cant stop the transmission
    2 months of testing wouldnt allow for that

I know my reasons for not taking the vaccine

I guarantee you that you wont hear or see many main stream media broadcaster divulge that crucial information
    I'd love to know why

They will just tell you about the 95% efficacy

I apologise if any of my posts today caused stress to anyone on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I guarantee you that you wont hear or see many main stream media broadcaster divulge that crucial information
    I'd love to know why

What crucial information? It's been well reported that there is unsurity about whether the vaccine stops transmission of the virus.
    Will the crucial information help me to figure out what the conspiracy is?

I'd love to know why

What's the conspiracy?

General ignorance of how vaccines work and lack of understanding is not evidence of a conspiracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

If you are under 50 years old and get the Covid you have 99.95% chance of surviving. There is no need for a vaccine.

gar32 wrote: »
    If you are under 50 years old and get the Covid you have 99.95% chance of surviving. There is no need for a vaccine.

You can spread Covid to older relatives and people who have a higher chance of dying. It's like this thread has become a sluice for every uninformed comment related to Covid. Any conspiracy theory in any of this?

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    You can spread Covid to older relatives and people who have a higher chance of dying. It's like this thread has become a sluice for every uninformed comment related to Covid. Any conspiracy theory in any of this?

You can also spread Covid to the same people if vaccinated

What's the conspiracy?

General ignorance of how vaccines work and lack of understanding is not evidence of a conspiracy.

Do you know how vaccines work?
    If so please explain with reference to the Covid vaccine and give examples

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

You can also spread Covid to the same people if vaccinated

Only within the first 8 to 10 weeks of being vaccinated, not after that apparently.

Do you know how vaccines work?
    If so please explain with reference to the Covid vaccine and give examples

I'm still waiting for you to show this about yourself. You've show a lot of evidence that you don't understand what vaccines are.

• Advertisement

Steve012 wrote: »
    Only within the first 8 to 10 weeks of being vaccinated, not after that apparently.

Can you show evidence of this?

King Mob wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for you to show this about yourself. You've show a lot of evidence that you don't understand what vaccines are.

That’s the answer I was expecting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Can you show evidence of this?

There is little or no evidence for any results so far. I would urge anyone who wants it to go before me. You are more than welcome to my place in the queue.

Just remember you wont be vaccinated with the same vaccine that the politicians and the Doctors and their families will be injected with.

https://www.thelocal.de/20091018/22649

gar32 wrote: »
    No. It's closer to 99%.
    Also you seem to be ignoring the other side effect of the virus and the secondary effects such as strain on medical infrastructure.
    You also ignore any potential long term effects, which is ironic how people are whinging about the potential long term effects of the the vaccine. I'm curious how you can conclude that covid has no harmful long term effects yet still claim we can't possibly know that for a vaccine.
    Seems contradictory to me.

Also remember that it's been show that the chances of any side effects of a vaccine are vanishingly small.
    If you take the vaccine you have a 99.99988% Chance of not experiening any serious side effect. Your figure only includes death alone.

So if you are saying that a 0.05% chance of death is nothing to worry about, then a 0.00012% chance of any side effect is even less than nothing to worry about.
    So you've no reason to not take the vaccine.

So according to you why do doctors and medical organisations believe that vaccines are nessesary?
    What's the "real" reason for this in your view? What's the conspiracy?

That’s the answer I was expecting

Cool. So please answer it.
    Cause I think it's pretty clear to most people that you can't answer it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

U.S. Food and Drug Administration staff recommends monitoring people who get Pfizer or Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccine shots for possible cases of Bell’s palsy, saying it’s not necessarily a side effect but worth watching out for after a handful of trial participants got the condition, which causes half of your face to droop.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/15/fda-staff-recommends-watching-for-bells-palsy-in-moderna-and-pfizer-vaccine-recipients.html

In one vaccine maybe but two ?

enno99 wrote: »
    U.S. Food and Drug Administration staff recommends monitoring people who get Pfizer or Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccine shots for possible cases of Bell’s palsy, saying it’s not necessarily a side effect but worth watching out for after a handful of trial participants got the condition, which causes half of your face to droop.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/15/fda-staff-recommends-watching-for-bells-palsy-in-moderna-and-pfizer-vaccine-recipients.html

In one vaccine maybe but two ?
    However, "currently available information is insufficient to determine a causal relationship with the vaccine," the FDA wrote in briefing documents.
    This is why you guys usually avoid posting the reference for your claims. They usually contradict you claims once you actually read them.

Cool. So please answer it.
    Cause I think it's pretty clear to most people that you can't answer it.

I dont think any of ye understand how it works because it is a completely new technology (mRNA) being rolled out on a mass scale. It is for the masses to try, the ones that scare easy.

Smart people do jump in on the first thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I dont think any of ye understand how it works because it is a completely new technology (mRNA) being rolled out on a mass scale. It is for the masses to try, the ones that scare easy.

MRNA is not new. It's 50 years old, talked about in the 70's, poc in the 80's and used in cancer treatment for 20 or 30 years. It was not financially viable for vaccines previously, but it is not new tech.

Also what's the conspiracy?

Cool.
    What evidence do you have of any serious side effects?
    What reason do you have to be suspicious of the technology other than that it is relatively new.

Kinda ironic that you talk about others "scaring easily" yet we have people claiming that the vaccine is part of some vaguely defined global conspiracy.

Do you believe that the vaccine is a part of a conspiracy?

MRNA is not new. It's 50 years old, talked about in the 70's, poc in the 80's and used in cancer treatment for 20 or 30 years. It was not financially viable for vaccines previously, but it is not new tech.

Also what's the conspiracy?

not it is not but mRNA vaccines are, There are no previous mRNA vaccines rolled out on a global scale. The massive rollout with no testing of an appropriate scale? What is all this about a "digital certificate"? Why is Bill Gates a proponent of sustainable population, suddenly all for these vaccines?

not it is not but mRNA vaccines are, There are no previous mRNA vaccines rolled out on a global scale. The massive rollout with no testing of an appropriate scale? What is all this about a "digital certificate"? Why is Bill Gates a proponent of sustainable population, suddenly all for these vaccines?

These vaccines had massive testing scale, a lot more than most other vaccines - uptake on trials was huge. They are also just medicine, mRNA has been used in medicine for decades.

I would guess bill gates doesn't want people dying needlessly. Occam's razor and all that. All the data on these vaccines is widely published and peer reviewed. Being a proponent on sustainable population doesn't mean you want people to die needlessly, it means you want sustainable population growth.

Cool.
    What evidence do you have of any serious side effects?
    What reason do you have to be suspicious of the technology other than that it is relatively new.

Kinda ironic that you talk about others "scaring easily" yet we have people claiming that the vaccine is part of some vaguely defined global conspiracy.

Do you believe that the vaccine is a part of a conspiracy?

No I dont have evidence but I welcome you to try it first.
    The last few vaccines havent worked out that well. You do know they were settled quietly and got very little press coverage.
    The first few of anything are always dodgy.

I have family and friends have been told before it was imagination and been denied by the government, that was later proven wrong in court. You want to trust a Government who are pursuing a UN Agenda 2020 policy of sustainable growth and Then there is the Agenda 2030.

The massive rollout with no testing of an appropriate scale?
    There has been testing. Not sure why you're trying to lie and say there wasn't.
    What is all this about a "digital certificate"? Why is Bill Gates a proponent of sustainable population, suddenly all for these vaccines?
    Why not tell us?
    What's the conspiracy theory you're suggesting?

The last few vaccines havent worked out that well. You do know they were settled quietly and got very little press coverage.

I have family and friends have been told before it was imagination and been denied by the government, that was later proven wrong in court. You want to trust a Government who are pursuing a UN Agenda 2020 policy of sustainable growth and Then there is the Agenda 2030.

The incident rate of vaccine issues is orders of magnetude smaller than the risk from covid19.

You know what sustainable population growth means, right? Because it doesn't seem like you do.

• Advertisement

So no evidence then. Great. At least you've the balls to admit that directly.
    Cool. Source for this?

I have family and friends have been told before it was imagination and been denied by the government, that was later proven wrong in court.
    Yea funny how many people here have had friend or family they know...

You want to trust a Government who are pursuing a UN Agenda 2020 policy of sustainable growth and Then there is the Agenda 2030.
    What are you talking about and what had it to do with vaccines. Please detail your conspiracy theory here.

I would guess bill gates doesn't want people dying needlessly. Occam's razor and all that. All the data on these vaccines is widely published and peer reviewed. Being a proponent on sustainable population doesn't mean you want people to die needlessly, it means you want sustainable population growth.

I dont think you understand what "sustainable population" means, Its the equivalent of downsizing in a company. So how do you down size in a company? The ones closest to retirement and last in go first (that usually curbs the population fairly fast). Then you have medicines that make people infertile (Depo Provera, love how the Israelis used it on the black jews). There is the layout.

I dont think you understand what "sustainable population" means, Its the equivalent of downsizing in a company. So how do you down size in a company? The ones closest to retirement and last in go first (that usually curbs the population fairly fast). Then you have medicines that make people infertile (Depo Provera, love how the Israelis used it on the black jews). There is the layout.

Ah so you believe in the conspiracy idea that Bill Gates is going to use the vaccine to depopulate the world.

What was that about people being "easily scared"?

That's just pure bull****. Sustainable growth does not mean killing people off. Nor is there the slightest bit of evidence that any of the several peer reviewed and widely scrutinised vaccines could do anything of the sort.

Ah so you believe in the conspiracy idea that Bill Gates is going to use the vaccine to depopulate the world.

What was that about people being "easily scared"?

It's clever right, he introduces a virus but instead of using that to kill a ton of people he kills a lot less of them with the vaccine.

So no evidence then. Great. At least you've the balls to admit that directly.
    Cool. Source for this?

Yea funny how many people here have had friend or family they know...

What are you talking about and what had it to do with vaccines. Please detail your conspiracy theory here.

Yeah the Avian Flu and Swine flu vaccines and heard nasty stories about Gardasil. They were hushed up quietly.

My mother was infected with Hep C when I was born, they tested her blood afterwards for years and never told her.
    I went to the same school as Vicky Phelan. Did you read how they intimidated her? Did you wonder how many women before her they made sign non disclosure contracts?

The HSE and their employees are scum, all on the teat from the pharmaceutical industry. I had my GP strongly suggesting that I get a flu vaccine for sarcoidosis last summer. He got told where to shove it.

Bells Palsy

herpes simplex, which causes cold sores and genital herpes
    HIV, which damages the immune system
    sarcoidosis, which causes organ inflammation
    herpes zoster virus, which causes chickenpox and shingles
    Epstein-Barr virus, which causes mononucleosis
    Lyme disease, which is a bacterial infection caused by infected ticks

https://www.healthline.com/health/bells-palsy#causes

Australia's billion dollar coronavirus vaccine is SCRAPPED after trial participants returned HIV false positives - causing order for 51million doses of the home-grown jab to be terminated

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9040785/Queenslands-billion-dollar-coronavirus-vaccine-sensationally-SCRAPPED.html

COVID-19 and HIV Are Not the Same. But They’re Similar in Many Ways That Matter.

https://www.thebody.com/article/covid-19-aids-not-same-but-similar-in-many-ways

Might be nothing but they are a lot of unknowns with this

It's clever right, he introduces a virus but instead of using that to kill a ton of people he kills a lot less of them with the vaccine.

Or he makes them infertile like those Black Jews from Ethiopia in Israel? Just knock out the next generation and see what happens?

Or he makes them infertile like those Black Jews from Ethiopia in Israel? Just knock out the next generation and see what happens?

Or he makes a magic ray gun that irradiates them.

These vaccines are peer reviewed. There are way easier ways to slow population growth. Why look for such a convoluted hypothesis?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Bells Palsy

herpes simplex, which causes cold sores and genital herpes
    HIV, which damages the immune system
    sarcoidosis, which causes organ inflammation
    herpes zoster virus, which causes chickenpox and shingles
    Epstein-Barr virus, which causes mononucleosis
    Lyme disease, which is a bacterial infection caused by infected ticks

https://www.healthline.com/health/bells-palsy#causes

Australia's billion dollar coronavirus vaccine is SCRAPPED after trial participants returned HIV false positives - causing order for 51million doses of the home-grown jab to be terminated

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9040785/Queenslands-billion-dollar-coronavirus-vaccine-sensationally-SCRAPPED.html

COVID-19 and HIV Are Not the Same. But They’re Similar in Many Ways That Matter.

https://www.thebody.com/article/covid-19-aids-not-same-but-similar-in-many-ways

Might be nothing but they are a lot of unknowns with this

They scrapped it! Bill gates won't be happy the Aussies got in the way of his secret plan.

American Medical Association Rescinds Previous Statement Against Prescription of Hydroxychloroquine to COVID-19 Patients
    CHICAGO, IL – The American Medical Association (AMA), in a surprising move, has officially rescinded a previous statement against the use of Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) in the treatment of COVID-19 patients, giving physicians the okay to return to utilizing the medication at their discretion.

Previously, the AMA had issued a statement in March that was highly critical of HCQ in regards to its use as a proposed treatment by some physicians in the early stages of COVID-19. In addition to discouraging doctors from ordering the medication in bulk for “off-label” use – HCQ is typically used to treat diseases such as malaria – they also claimed that there was no proof that it was effective in treating COVID, and that its use could be harmful in some instances.

However, on page 18 of a recent AMA memo, issued on October 30, (resolution 509, page 3) the organization officially reversed their stance on HCQ, stating that its potential for good currently may supersede the threat of any potential harmful side effects.

So, there we have it. HCQ could not be approved before the election, because President Trump had recommended it. Meanwhile, with an 8o +% reduced risk of having to be admitted to the hospital if administered with Azithromycin and Zinc as soon as testing positive or symptoms occurred, many (70000+) lives could have been saved.

https://lenbilen.com/2020/12/14/american-medical-association-rescinds-previous-statement-against-prescription-of-hydroxychloroquine-to-covid-19-patients/

Kinda f**ked up stalling with vaccines and this

American Medical Association Rescinds Previous Statement Against Prescription of Hydroxychloroquine to COVID-19 Patients
    CHICAGO, IL – The American Medical Association (AMA), in a surprising move, has officially rescinded a previous statement against the use of Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) in the treatment of COVID-19 patients, giving physicians the okay to return to utilizing the medication at their discretion.

Previously, the AMA had issued a statement in March that was highly critical of HCQ in regards to its use as a proposed treatment by some physicians in the early stages of COVID-19. In addition to discouraging doctors from ordering the medication in bulk for “off-label” use – HCQ is typically used to treat diseases such as malaria – they also claimed that there was no proof that it was effective in treating COVID, and that its use could be harmful in some instances.

However, on page 18 of a recent AMA memo, issued on October 30, (resolution 509, page 3) the organization officially reversed their stance on HCQ, stating that its potential for good currently may supersede the threat of any potential harmful side effects.

So, there we have it. HCQ could not be approved before the election, because President Trump had recommended it. Meanwhile, with an 8o +% reduced risk of having to be admitted to the hospital if administered with Azithromycin and Zinc as soon as testing positive or symptoms occurred, many (70000+) lives could have been saved.

https://lenbilen.com/2020/12/14/american-medical-association-rescinds-previous-statement-against-prescription-of-hydroxychloroquine-to-covid-19-patients/

Kinda f**ked up stalling with vaccines and this

https://lenbilen.com/ is an insane religious blog.

What is the conspiracy here?

Yeah the Avian Flu and Swine flu vaccines and heard nasty stories about Gardasil. They were hushed up quietly.
    Cool. Source?
    Also could you provide the figures of side effects as a percentage of vaccines administered? Thanks.
    My mother was infected with Hep C when I was born, they tested her blood afterwards for years and never told her.
    I went to the same school as Vicky Phelan. Did you read how they intimidated her? Did you wonder how many women before her they made sign non disclosure contracts?
    Sorry man, I simply don't believe you.
    I also don't see what this has to do with the conspiracy you believe.
    The HSE and their employees are scum, all on the teat from the pharmaceutical industry. I had my GP strongly suggesting that I get a flu vaccine for sarcoidosis last summer. He got told where to shove it.
    Ok. So all GPs in Ireland are in on this conspiracy.
    Could you explain what it is a bit more?
    Are all GPs part of the plot to depopulate the world?

https://lenbilen.com/ is an insane religious blog.

What is the conspiracy here?

FFS here read it yourself

https://www.ama-assn.org/system/files/2020-10/nov20-handbook-addendum.pdf

Question dodged again.

• Advertisement

Question dodged again.

No your failure to read the bolded Part of my post

They conspired to not give Trump any ammo by holding it back until after the election

Hence Consriracy Theory

I wont be answering your posts if you persist with this BS

They conspired to not give Trump any ammo by holding it back until after the election

Hence Consriracy Theory

I wont be answering your posts if you persist with this BS

Calm down.

The story is misleading and the only sources I can find clarify this e.g.
    https://www.publishedreporter.com/2020/12/11/american-medical-association-rescinds-previous-statement-against-prescription-of-hydroxychloroquine-to-covid-19-patients/
    UPDATE/CORRECTION DECEMBER 14 2020: This article was corrected. A previous version of this story did not include the meeting results for either ADOPTION or NON-ADOPTION of the resolution. This RESOLUTION was included with many others presented at a Special Meeting of the AMA in November 2020. RESOLUTIONS are generated by AMA delegates/delegations, the AMA Board of Trustees, AMA Councils and AMA Sections. The RESOLUTION must be accepted and this resolution was not accepted. The RESOLUTION was reaffirmed. See the disclosure on this page referencing items to be considered by the House.

CHICAGO, IL – The American Medical Association (AMA) was considering rescinding a previous statement against the use of Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) in the treatment of COVID-19 patients

Looks like they didn't rescind it. And even if they do, that in itself isn't definitive evidence of some conspiracy against Trump.

Calm down.

The story is misleading and the only sources I can find clarify this e.g.
    https://www.publishedreporter.com/2020/12/11/american-medical-association-rescinds-previous-statement-against-prescription-of-hydroxychloroquine-to-covid-19-patients/

Looks like they didn't rescind it. And even if they do, that in itself isn't definitive evidence of some conspiracy against Trump.

I gave you the link

I gave you the link

Yes, and read carefully. It wasn't rescinded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

My question is this:

Are you legally bound to take a vaccine?

Are you legally bound to wear a mask?

Are you legally bound to prove that you a COVID negative before you can travel?

The answer to all of the above is NO. But there are so many who scream that you should adhere nonetheless.

If this virus is such a threat then pass a law. Make it illegal to NOT wear a mask. Make it illegal to travel.

Why is there an option?

There is no option regarding driving at 150kmph. It's codified in law to protect others.

If it is OPTIONAL to drive at such a speed then it would be so.

If it is OPTIONAL to not take tests or wear masks then why do we have the option?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement