Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,821 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Big Thief gig in Vicar St in September cancelled according to Facebook event. Nothing official yet as far as I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭ts_editor

cefh17 wrote: »
    .... Belfast and haven't heard anything yet.
    The lockdown in NI hasn't been confirmed past the end of next week ... yet. That's probably holding up a few cancellations/reschedules.

I want to believe that Rammstein are bringing enough flamethrowers to kill every Covid for 19 miles. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Doing a concert is well beyond the artists control

It's the government's call sadly

Eod100 wrote: »
    Big Thief gig in Vicar St in September cancelled according to Facebook event. Nothing official yet as far as I can see.

Got an email confirming this cancellation. At this rate it's hard to see any gigs going ahead this year which seemed inevitable unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭Zardoz

ts_editor wrote: »
    I want to believe that Rammstein are bringing enough flamethrowers to kill every Covid for 19 miles. :D

Rammstein will not be touring this summer ,not a hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

I had tickets for Kaleidoscope Festival. Bought the car park ticket separately.
    When I log into my ticketmaster account now, in the Upcoming Events category the festival has disappeared, but the car park ticket is still there.
    Would anyone have any insight into this?
    At first when I saw that the festival had disappeared from here I presumed it was because it was cancelled, but why would the car park ticket still be there?
    Haven't received any correspondence that I'll be refunded for the festival.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Rammstein will not be touring this summer ,not a hope.

Has it been cancelled or just rescheduled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭ts_editor

Has it been cancelled or just rescheduled?
    https://www.rammstein.de/en/covid-19-rammstein-shows-2020/

They're working on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭fafy

cefh17 wrote: »
    My GF got an email about the Cork gig being rescheduled to a later unnanounced date. I had bought tickets separately for Belfast and haven't heard anything yet.

I got the Cork email as well, i did notice only the Cork gig says “postponed” on TM, but i’d imagine they are working on the new dates.
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/the-national-tickets/artist/959669

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,466 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I don't get ya, it's not an excuse its a stark reality something so unprecedented obviously effects everyone but the sympathy clearly only falls one way with you.

What I mean is that we have large and very profitable corporations trying to dump the financial pain onto the little guys - their employees and customers.

TM in particular has screwed a crazy amount of money out of us over the years for doing f**k all, and has an effective monopoly on large gigs, fcuk 'em. Fcuk 'em in the ear :)

https://youtu.be/MmYBpgAC7Uw?t=20

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

No real suprise that The Stranglers at the Olympia cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

ureds wrote: »
    No real suprise that The Stranglers at the Olympia cancelled.

The keyboard player passed away from Covid too :(

Don't suppose there's been any update on the Trinity series?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Fontaines DC. Fri 29 May 2020 Belfast, still no update on this being cancelled or rescheduled, anyone heard anything?

rizzee wrote: »
    Fontaines DC. Fri 29 May 2020 Belfast, still no update on this being cancelled or rescheduled, anyone heard anything?

Trying to nail down a rescheduled date at present

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

5 Seconds of Summer have rescheduled their show at 3Arena to the new date of 14 April 2021.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Trying to nail down a rescheduled date at present

I think it's safe to apply this theory to any gig before the end of June that hasn't been cancelled or postponed yet.

I've Ricky Gervais and In Conversation with the Sopranos tickets for the last weekend of May and there's been zilch updates on either. No value in artists holding off cancelling if its already done at this point so it must be down to attempted rescheduling.

I think it's safe to apply this theory to any gig before the end of June that hasn't been cancelled or postponed yet.

I've Ricky Gervais and In Conversation with the Sopranos tickets for the last weekend of May and there's been zilch updates on either. No value in artists holding off cancelling if its already done at this point so it must be down to attempted rescheduling.

Yeah I think that's largely it. Could also be holding off having to refund lot of gigs at once too if cancelled but its in everyone's interest if they could be postponed alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah I think that's largely it. Could also be holding off having to refund lot of gigs at once too if cancelled but its in everyone's interest if they could be postponed alright!

From an insurance perspective, it makes sense to cancel as early as possible. The closer it gets to the gig, the more parties will be triggered to provide services contractually and then more liability arises that can't be claimed back.

Not to say they won't be cancelled but you'd assume best efforts are being made which is inordinately tricky where tours are involved.

Yes you are correct. I was referring to Fontaines as I know someone involved.

But the majority of gigs will be rescheduled. The issue is that there are some many moving parts involved in rescheduling tours that it takes time, a lot of people don't appreciate this.

Yeah it sucks that gigs are off but everyone wants them to go ahead and the effort it takes to reschedule tour is massive, it won't happen overnight it can take weeks and weeks. Updates will come as they are ready.

For everyone still wondering, gigs this year are not going to happen. You will get an update when everything is ready.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Don't suppose there's been any update on the Trinity series?

No, it's very strange as I can't see it going ahead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭dinneenp

As I've posted a particular post a number of times in this forum on different threads, I won't post it again as some idiot will report me for spamming. So click on my profile and review my posts in this forum over last week.

To update you all, I'm in the process of receiving a full refund for ticket purchases for a gig that's yet to reschedule but didn't go ahead- perseverance is my recommendation and demand your rights (which you have, based on Ticketmaster T&C 's when you purchased)

How did you get on with this?
    I used the specific form over a week ago & got a reply today
    "Thanks for your reply

We cannot issue a refund until the new date is confirmed by the event organisers. When it is confirmed we'll email the full details to customers.

If the event is cancelled and not rescheduled we'll issue refunds automatically."

I replied saying it was in the T&Cs that I am entitled to a full refund.

Lux23 wrote: »
    No, it's very strange as I can't see it going ahead!

I guess they're trying to reschedule but still. I emailed them a few days ago on of chance they can say any more. Will update if/when I hear back.

I guess ........it's not unusual.......(i'll get me coat) ;)

Did notice on the mail from Ticketmaster to my OH, there was a statement from Tom Jones which said,
    "To make it easy, all tickets already purchased for this year will remain valid for the re-scheduled shows in 2021. Alternately, if you need a refund, please contact your original point of purchase."
    There's something that you won't see on many Ticketmaster emails.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I guess ........it's not unusual.......(i'll get me coat) ;)

Did notice on the mail from Ticketmaster to my OH, there was a statement from Tom Jones which said,

There's something that you won't see on many Ticketmaster emails.

Yeah the bit about refund is definitely unusual.. :pac: Guess Jones is such a big artist he could have made sure that got in. Dunno if that was the case tbf but fair play if it was

Yeah the bit about refund is definitely not unusual.. :pac: Guess Jones is such a big artist he could have made sure that got in. Dunno if that was the case tbf but fair play if it was

AFAIK it's wasn't a sell out so fair play to him doing that.
    Tickets were expensive for a mostly standing concert for which the age profile for his fans would be north of 40 so I'd guess most would have preferred sitting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Iron Maiden in Belfast is cancelled

Dutch sports and music fans will not be able to attend events until a coronavirus vaccine has been found, the Dutch Health Minister has said.

Organised sport is due to resume in the Netherlands from September 1, but even then fixtures will be played without crowds.
    Festivals and concerts have also been scrapped until at least the end of August, while the 2019-20 Dutch football season has been abandoned entirely with no champions or relegation.

Hugo de Jonge, the Health Minister, has now told the Dutch Parliament that no one will be allowed to attend mass gatherings until a vaccine for COVID-19 has been found.
    Many scientists estimate it could be at least a year before an effective treatment to prevent the spread of the disease is ready for use.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/no-fans-in-dutch-stadiums-until-a-vaccine-is-developed-1.4247554

I wonder will we see something similar here

Dutch sports and music fans will not be able to attend events until a coronavirus vaccine has been found, the Dutch Health Minister has said.

Organised sport is due to resume in the Netherlands from September 1, but even then fixtures will be played without crowds.
    Festivals and concerts have also been scrapped until at least the end of August, while the 2019-20 Dutch football season has been abandoned entirely with no champions or relegation.

Hugo de Jonge, the Health Minister, has now told the Dutch Parliament that no one will be allowed to attend mass gatherings until a vaccine for COVID-19 has been found.
    Many scientists estimate it could be at least a year before an effective treatment to prevent the spread of the disease is ready for use.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/no-fans-in-dutch-stadiums-until-a-vaccine-is-developed-1.4247554

I did see an article in one of the rags saying it could be 6 years before we
    see a full vaccine, I'll never get my refunds off Ticketmaster then. :eek:

• Advertisement

entirely with no champions or relegation.
    Wonder how will CL & EL teams for next year work then?

Well with no vaccines for any of the other coronavirus strains out there, the Dutch will lead a boring life by that restrictive statement (having only read the headline).

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Wonder how will CL & EL teams for next year work then?

It was based on the league table as it stood when abandoned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Amazing to think that after 2 postponements, Ozzy Osbournes gig at the 3arena scheduled for November, may be one of the few gigs that actually takes place in 2020.

poundhound wrote: »
    Amazing to think that after 2 postponements, Ozzy Osbournes gig at the 3arena scheduled for November may be one of the few gigs that actually takes place in 2020.

In fairness he bit a bat in the 80s and was grand sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 45 RazorT

Rammstein postponed.

Due to local event restrictions related to COVID-19, which now affect almost all planned dates, the band's 2020 stadium tour can unfortunately not take place.

We are currently checking whether it is possible to reschedule the dates and will communicate any updates as soon as possible!

All tickets will remain valid until then.

Thank you again for your understanding and patience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭fafy

Requested a refund from TM on April 24th, only received the conformation of the refund being processed today- 2 weeks later.

So, they must be totally overwhelmed with queries, as this process used to take a max of 5 working days. This might be one of the reasons we are getting, what appears to be a slow “drip feed“, of Postponements &cancellations, as a high volume of “manually actioned” refunds, come with each one of those.

All gigs in Lost Lane up to 10th of August are being postponed. https://twitter.com/lostlanedublin/status/1258716163812536320?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭horslips

Email this morning to say that Lucinda Williams in the Kilkenny Arts Festival in August is postponed to August 2021. Tickets stand or refund offered. Fair play - best of both worlds (got great seats).

Lost Brothers at St Luke's Cork already rescheduled to July now postponed until November. No word on Bell X1 gig later this month there yet as far as I can see. https://twitter.com/LiveAtStLukes/status/1258696856076517376?s=19

2 and a half years worth of shows would be detrimental for the live music industry not to mention the venues too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

The Phantom of the Opera, due to take place from 10 June - 18 July 2020, will now not go ahead as scheduled. Bord Gáis Energy Theatre, together with the producers of the show, are working hard to arrange a new date, and should it be possible to reschedule, we'll be in touch to let you know.

https://bordgaisenergytheatre.ie › artist

PTH2009 wrote: »
    2 and a half years worth of shows would be detrimental for the live music industry not to mention the venues too

Big time. But not sure would physical distancing be possible to implement in venues and if so whether people would comply and then whether the economies of gigs would survive such a reduction in capacity. In Dublin say, maybe you would get some fans to pay significant mark-up for reduced capacity gigs but outside Dublin say it would be very hard.

I don't know what the answer/solution is but I know the public health concerns will take precedence over businesses of any sorts until vaccination or virus contained completely.

Saw interesting post on Nialler9 about gigs and shows making resurgence. Won't work for many artists or many restaurants but could be an idea as a stop-gap for some who could. https://nialler9.com/the-return-of-live-music-why-dont-we-bring-back-dinner-a-show/

Saw interesting post on Nialler9 about gigs and shows making resurgence. Won't work for many artists or many restaurants but could be an idea as a stop-gap for some who could. https://nialler9.com/the-return-of-live-music-why-dont-we-bring-back-dinner-a-show/

Most restaurants would be way too small to host a dinner and a show if social distancing was still around.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    I can see that happening in only a very small number of places. I'm also not mad on the idea of eating dinner and then watching a show from my table.

Socially distant shows sound horrible, but I suppose it's better then nothing. Seated venues could very easily do it.

e.g

NCH / Olympia - every 2 seats blocked off
    3 Area - curtains of shame and the downstairs seating config used and then every 2 seats blocked off.
    Vicar Street - block off every other table downstairs and limit it to 2 per table. Balcony seating same as above.

I'm sure if you run the numbers it then probably doesn't make economic sense to put on a reduced capacity show.

It's all moot anyway, I doubt any big international acts will travel here in 2020 - they will all favour domestic shows first.

Summer 2021 is going to be epic.

Yeah ye are right. I guess it's the idea that gigs won't happen for a while but if artists could play the restaurants where it could work it would be a win win for artists, fans and restaurants.

Yeah I don't think there will be many maybe any gigs this year but more thinking even next year because until there's a vaccine think social distancing will be around for medium to long term.

The promoters for some of the bigger shows could take the piss and not announce the new dates til later on in the year

They rightly should have the rescheduled dates released before the original start date of the tour for 2020

The hella mega tour was scheduled to start the 24th May

The promoters for some of the bigger shows could take the piss and not announce the new dates til later on in the year

They rightly should have the rescheduled dates released before the original start date of the tour for 2020

Yeah hoping the National's tour gets rescheduled by start of next month but could be another while yet

Yeah hoping the National's tour gets rescheduled by start of next month but could be another while yet

Duran Duran in St Annes Park is only a month away and still not rescheduled or cancelled

have transport paid since a few weeks back (before Feb) and be nice to know like

Rock Werchter had a calamity in announcing their cancellation. No refunds unless had a very good excuse for not being able to go in 2021 or 2022. People abroad who obviously couldn't plan were told it wasnt a good enough excuse, since rowed back on. Refunds not been given till September though, seems farcical.

So yeah, delaying dates is poor enough in one sense. Think of all that interest building up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement