Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,598 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Phoebas wrote: »
    I get that they would definitely want to reschedule. I guess what I'm wondering is are the new dates actually real or just something they've provisionally penciled in?

Just had a quick look and it's a 30 odd gig tour they have rescheduled. I don't think they would go to all that trouble if they were just going to cancel it and picked random dates as placeholders. Probably makes sense to reschedule now as with all the rescheduled gigs next year will be fairly packed with gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Eod100 wrote: »
    Just had a quick look and it's a 30 odd gig tour they have rescheduled. I don't think they would go to all that trouble if they were just going to cancel it and picked random dates as placeholders. Probably makes sense to reschedule now as with all the rescheduled gigs next year will be fairly packed with gigs.

What I know about event management you could write on the back of a stamp,
    But - I can't imagine how, in the space of a couple of weeks, in the middle of a global pandemic they would be able to manage all that would be involved in rescheduling a pretty substantial tour with any certainty about the dates.

Not that I'm too bothered. Whenever it does happen, if it does, it'll be an extra special night given the fùcked up circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Reckon we will knw what's happening in June by the end of the month

Very hard to see any tours happen

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Reckon we will knw what's happening in June by the end of the month

Very hard to see any tours happen

Saw some headline thing shared by Mike Portnoy that said things like concerts wont happen till autumn of 2021. While it's very much sensationalist, some of the precautions such as social distancing will need to be in place for a long time with no vaccine available, so cant see gugs happening for a long time.

Mushy wrote: »
    Saw some headline thing shared by Mike Portnoy that said things like concerts wont happen till autumn of 2021. While it's very much sensationalist, some of the precautions such as social distancing will need to be in place for a long time with no vaccine available, so cant see gugs happening for a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFUk9HOzbIU&feature=share

Saw that

hopefully it was taken out of context. Will be very damaging to venues and peoples mental health in terms of an escape method for all the world issues

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 19,554 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The Killers UK tour has been postponed which def means the Irish shows are the same

https://www.nme.com/news/music/ronnie-vanucci-jr-confirms-the-killers-uk-stadium-shows-are-postponed-2645168?

It lists Dublin in that article.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Yeah, this was mentioned on another thread, it applies in the US, not legal under European law.

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

I was hoping smaller gigs would happen in Autumn, thinking festivals, outdoor gigs and big indoor gigs like 3 Arena gigs might not happen for a while. But maybe its impractical if not impossible to have socially distanced gigs before a vaccine.

I was hoping smaller gigs would happen in Autumn, thinking festivals, outdoor gigs and big indoor gigs like 3 Arena gigs might not happen for a while. But maybe its impractical if not impossible to have socially distanced gigs before a vaccine.

this current situation is so unpredicable and nobody really knows what will happen. Experts or non experts

Id love to see gigs return at some stage in 2020

• Advertisement

this current situation is so unpredicable and nobody really knows what will happen. Experts or non experts

Id love to see gigs return at some stage in 2020

Yeah definitely. There's obviously far bigger things at stake but would have been nice to have something to look forward to. Ya never know there could still be potentially but my default is assume it will be next year at earliest, prepare for the worsts and hope for the best and all that! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Gigs and pubs will be among the last things to re-open id say. The pub trade will def change whether in a good way or bad way we will have to wait to see

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah cant see how itll work out, but will hope for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Yeah cant see how itll work out, but will hope for the best

Vaccine not due for about 18 months according to the experts. :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭argentum

Security staff that need new licences to work at gigs by law have been informed that the new licences won't be issued until September 1st at the earliest by The PSA.
    Does that mean The PSA think everything is gone up to and including Electric Picnic ?

argentum wrote: »
    Security staff that need new licences to work at gigs by law have been informed that the new licences won't be issued until September 1st at the earliest by The PSA.
    Does that mean The PSA think everything is gone up to and including Electric Picnic ?

Extremely possible and sadly may be much more gone after that date too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭PCros

argentum wrote: »

I would assume their current licenses would be extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

I was due to see Wardruna in June, but it's been rescheduled to April next year. Logged a request for refund work Ticketmaster on 7th April and just got an email this morning to say refund was granted and should hit my account in 5-7 working days.

Sunstroke tickets will probably be refunded soon too, now just waiting to hear what's happening with Rammstein.

I was really looking forward to June this year, was set to be a great lineup, but the money coming back to me won't be unwelcome.

I'm re-posting this here for those interested in refunds for postponed gigs, as opposed to cancelled gigs: Ticketmaster are very coy around posting any of this information on their Covid-19 page - i found it in the general T&C's and contract information page.

See below T&C's of the contract you enter into with ticketmaster. So the thing to do is await new date, and if you don't want to go, demand a refund.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html

11.3 Rescheduling: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is rescheduled, Tickets and Packages will usually be valid for the new date (or you will be offered Tickets or Packages of a value corresponding with your original Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, subject to availability). If you notify us within the specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be able to cancel your order and obtain a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages plus the relevant Service Charges. Your Order Processing Fees will not be refunded if your Tickets or Packages have already been dispatched or delivered to you. Failure to notify us within any specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, and you will not be able to claim a refund.

Received an email from MCD today, Suede in Dun Laoghaire cancelled. Online and phone sales tickets will be refunded to card automatically.

Disappointing as I really wanted to see that gig, but not surprising!

• Advertisement

HELLAMEGA taking there time canceling

Deff cant see that going ahead esp with so many European dates

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

A concert I was going to is rescheduled to September, I don't know why they would do that when there is no guarantee it will happen, it is just messing fans about.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Any news on the Gun's N'Roses gig?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Limpy wrote: »
    Any news on the Gun's N'Roses gig?

It will be cancelled or postponed but no official word from MCD yet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

A concert I was going to is rescheduled to September, I don't know why they would do that when there is no guarantee it will happen, it is just messing fans about.

You are entitled to a refund if they have changed the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I'm re-posting this here for those interested in refunds for postponed gigs, as opposed to cancelled gigs: Ticketmaster are very coy around posting any of this information on their Covid-19 page - i found it in the general T&C's and contract information page.

See below T&C's of the contract you enter into with ticketmaster. So the thing to do is await new date, and if you don't want to go, demand a refund.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html

11.3 Rescheduling: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is rescheduled, Tickets and Packages will usually be valid for the new date (or you will be offered Tickets or Packages of a value corresponding with your original Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, subject to availability). If you notify us within the specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be able to cancel your order and obtain a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages plus the relevant Service Charges. Your Order Processing Fees will not be refunded if your Tickets or Packages have already been dispatched or delivered to you. Failure to notify us within any specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, and you will not be able to claim a refund.

Thanks for that.
    I just saw news about ticketmaster in the US not refunding cancelled gigs. Last month I checked their T&C for refunds and they said something along the lines of "cancelled/postponed = refund", but now its updated to just include cancelled gigs, making it seem like they might not refund for postponement. I dont think they would get away with it here since im pretty sure we have better consumer protection laws.
    I have tickets for the rammstein gig in June and at the moment a refund would be very welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Krieg wrote: »
    Thanks for that.
    I just saw news about ticketmaster in the US not refunding cancelled gigs. Last month I checked their T&C for refunds and they said something along the lines of "cancelled/postponed = refund", but now its updated to just include cancelled gigs, making it seem like they might not refund for postponement. I dont think they would get away with it here since im pretty sure we have better consumer protection laws.
    I have tickets for the rammstein gig in June and at the moment a refund would be very welcome

Once the rescheduled date is announced you can apply for a refund.
    I've done this and got confirmation that i'll be refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭ThePott

Anyone been able to get a refund through eventbrite.ie for a gig?
    Meant to have Coolio on Sunday but it says no refunds, even though the gig is presumably cancelled and the venue haven't responded yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Ludovico Einaudi has been rescheduled for Nov 25th in the 3Arena.
    Ticketmaster sent out an email this morning at 10.
    The show could not be rescheduled in the Bord Gais Energy Theatre due to the lack of suitable available dates.

As a ticket holder ,You are getting the opportunity to exchange your tickets and get best available seats for the new show before the 1st May public on sale.

In order to redeem your ticket(s) click on this link. Use this code to access tickets

You can select the same number of tickets as your original booking

Your allocation is 2 ticket(s)

I only saw the email at noon and by then there were only a few seats left .
    Not happy as I had 4 seats in Row A for the initial show.
    A really crap way of reallocating tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Zardoz wrote: »
    Ludovico Einaudi has been rescheduled for Nov 25th in the 3Arena.
    Ticketmaster sent out an email this morning at 10.

I only saw the email at noon and by then there were only a few seats left .
    Not happy as I had 4 seats in Row A for the initial show.
    A really crap way of reallocating tickets.

So only giving you 2 hours to reapply? :eek:
    That's very little time for a rearranged concert that's not another 7 months.
    If you had 4 tickets in the original booking why would they only give you 2 this time around?

Advertisement