Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Croke Park 2009 - all discussion, no ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the show will be "in the round"

That's what they said on the Late Late Show last week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

as far as i know its at the end but its more square and fans can get in around it. but it aint exactly in the middle
    see attachment

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Poncherello

kinda defeats the whole purpose of the stage if its not in the middle of the pitch no ?
    Where would people reckon the best place to watch it from the stands ?
    At last one I was up very close to stage in Cusack Upper and didnt find it great

well i have a standing ticket for the first night. never been to a gig in croker so i dont know. i wish they just did a ten night stretch in the 02 or something. are we ever going to get to hear them indoors again or what?? sound is much better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

They could do a month long residency in the O2.

• Advertisement

JJ wrote: »
    They could do a month long residency in the O2.
    indeed.
    it doesnt always have to be a super huge outside show.i wish "bigger" bands realised this

Have the band travel to a handful of countries in one year by doing long residency stints or do loads of countries by doing a big ass stadium tour.

I know which one makes more sense to me.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Have the band travel to a handful of countries in one year by doing long residency stints or do loads of countries by doing a big ass stadium tour.

I know which one makes more sense to me.

indeed i agree the residency makes sense . they would sell out (as another poster says )the 02 for a month. they wouldnt have to ship the stage around the whole time and logistics etc. the tickets are the same price(britney is a hundred lids in the 02).they would cream it in and wouldnt be playing for flights etc.

its the same reason prince did 20 odd shows in the o2 in england.he figures if people like me enough they will come from anywhere to see me.his overheads are less and he milks it.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

The site diagram on u2.com seems to have the stage pushed ever so slightly further away from The Hill than on Ticketmaster not much though.

lg_dublin.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18 harpo12

U2 stage being built in Barcelona
    3oimg7752j

• Advertisement

Jaysus. What kind of thing is that at all.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24889009@N07/sets/72157618583286101/

Some photos of the stage test built in Belgium.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

is it something like the stage revolves or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ninejean

Anyone know what seats in the lower Davin stand (section 317) would be like for the U2 concert in Croke Park? They seem to be the only ones to come available on ticketmaster every now and again which makes me suspicious about the quality of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dingus

Hi,

I am going to the Saturday gig (July 25th) and I am really looking forward to it !!

The only problem I have is that my seats are in block 432 row JJ

I searched google for hours and couldn't find exactly where my seats are.

I asked ticketmaster, they replied that blocks 4xx are behind blocks 3xx

But rows in blocks 3xx go from A to Z and then from AA to WW. Does that mean that blocks 4xx start *after* block 3xx row WW ? That would mean that there are a lot of rows (more than 100?) in the Lower section... I am not sure how this works

If anyone could help me, that would be very much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭afatbollix

that stage is being built by the same crowd who build teh main stage for oxegen.... it looks like some monster...

U2 stage Nou Camp Barcelona

Some size of a structure. It is taking up most of the pitch :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭John The Bad

Hi. I managed to get a couple of standing tickets at face value for U2 in Dublin on Monday 27th July. They costing me about 65 each. Does anyone know if this sounds right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Hi. I managed to get a couple of standing tickets at face value for U2 in Dublin on Monday 27th July. They costing me about 65 each. Does anyone know if this sounds right?

Standing tickets cost €59.80 according to Ticketmaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Plus about €6 ticketmaster fees if they were both online and yep €65 seems about right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

dingus wrote: »
    Hi,

I am going to the Saturday gig (July 25th) and I am really looking forward to it !!

The only problem I have is that my seats are in block 432 row JJ

I searched google for hours and couldn't find exactly where my seats are.

I asked ticketmaster, they replied that blocks 4xx are behind blocks 3xx

But rows in blocks 3xx go from A to Z and then from AA to WW. Does that mean that blocks 4xx start *after* block 3xx row WW ? That would mean that there are a lot of rows (more than 100?) in the Lower section... I am not sure how this works

If anyone could help me, that would be very much appreciated :)

if you go to ticketmaster and look at the seating plan for croke park for matches or anything there is a layout with all the section numbers, its fairly easy to locate your seats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

does anyone know if they are going to be selling beer at this concert...I was disapointed when I went to a soccer match in croke park and they didnt.Im not a raging alcoholic or anything but its nice to be able to have a beer or two and watch a great band play...hopefuly the weather will be nice also

There was beer sold at the last U2 concerts in Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭afatbollix

they wont sell beer at soccer matches some thing about the hooligans... concerts will be grand.. the beer will be flowing..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 235 ✭✭Mullet

ninejean wrote: »
    Anyone know what seats in the lower Davin stand (section 317) would be like for the U2 concert in Croke Park? They seem to be the only ones to come available on ticketmaster every now and again which makes me suspicious about the quality of them.

I have tickets in that block for soccer games row gg and they are not great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ssornareik

i am banned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

poisonated wrote: »
    does anyone know if they are going to be selling beer at this concert...I was disapointed when I went to a soccer match in croke park and they didnt.Im not a raging alcoholic or anything but its nice to be able to have a beer or two and watch a great band play...hopefuly the weather will be nice also

Why on earth would you want beer at a football match - its a weird American phenomenon that is creeping in here and I dont get it??? Before the game in the pub and after but in the stadium???? Half time is only 15 mins and you have to factor in queueing time. Same feelings about beer at gigs - at Leonard Cohen last year it really pissed me off when people kept passing in and out to go to the bar.

Ok end of rant/lecture!!!!! Now comes the answer. The bar in Croker was closed as soon as Take That took the stage - it was open before that. Seems fair to me. Should be a great gig - going on Monday and will get to hear the Script live too which I am really looking forward too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Bit of a strange gig this one for me. I've seen U2 live before and been impressed, but I'm completely lukewarm on the new album at best, so going with some reservations. Normally I get annoyed at people only going for "the hits", but I'm really hoping the songs from No Line on the Horizon improve live.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dane123

I have decided to travel to Dublin, Ireland to watch U2 at Croke Park.
    I want to get general standing tickets, but cant figure out which ones since it seems like there are rows!
    Does anyone out there have a suggestion to which tickets would be the best to get the best U2 experience??

Advertisement