Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No evidence that asymptomatic positive cases are infectious. MOD NOTE post 55

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

:rolleyes:

"Every year, around the world, flu causes between 3 and 5 million cases of severe disease and up to 646, 000 deaths"

Covid deaths are over twice that. In about 10 months.

I have never heard of anyone ever being tested for influenza. It's easy to put covid 19 on a death cert when someone tests positive. A guy in Croatia died falling off a ladder and was put down a covid death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Can we drop the mask talk as the mask or die brigade have hijacked the thread as it suggests their wrong in their fear of healthy people.

"Why can't I just spread my nonsense without people questioning it all the time"

Btw. The first 2 posts to mention masks in the thread were yours.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Moving this to the conspiracy theory forum, reminder to read the charter before posting when opened again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Re-opening.

Please use thread to discuss seriousness of Covid being overstated.

Please leave history with a poster in another forum at the door.

Similarly, anyone who has been sanctioned in COVID forum, don't replicate your attitude here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,331 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

On what basis is this report in Nature considered a Conspiracy? I see no reason for it to be classified as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

On what basis is this report in Nature considered a Conspiracy? I see no reason for it to be classified as such.
    I too find it strange that this was put in the conspiracy theories forum, as it's published in Nature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

How can an asymptomatic person be differentiated from a pre-symtomatc person at the time of testing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,034 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Sardonicat wrote: »
    How can an asymptomatic person be differentiated from a pre-symtomatc person at the time of testing?

Exactly. This result came out a while back but little difference to policy (for adults anyway) as you can't know if someone is pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic until after the fact.

The one place where it does seem to have affected policy is in keeping the schools open. Since kids are mostly asymptomatic when they're infected, it means less risk for keeping them in school.

Advertisement