Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Weird blip for me this morning. Got an email from Netflix, then a failed payment notification from Revolut, both saying I'd used the incorrect card expiry date (10/19). I've not changed anything since I signed up in January, and the card is valid until November 2022...

I was able to update the expiry date via Netflix.com and the payment went through immediately. No need for a VPN to make the change either.

Same thing happened to me last week.

I was suspicious so didn’t follow the link on the email but opened up the app and updated.

I reckon they had some sort of glitch with their system as my details were correct originally also.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

Hi lads,

Quick question - I’ve gone the Tor route. Got into the Turkish site, clicked start free trial, created account but at the payment screen it’s not recognizing my revolut card or any card. “There appears to be a problem with the payment method you’re trying to use” any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

kev22185 wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Quick question - I’ve gone the Tor route. Got into the Turkish site, clicked start free trial, created account but at the payment screen it’s not recognizing my revolut card or any card. “There appears to be a problem with the payment method you’re trying to use” any advice?

Payment might be blocked on Revolut card, go into Revolut App and unblock Netflix payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

kev22185 wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Never managed to get Revolut working here either. My Irish card that was already on the account works fine, but get the same error as you no matter what I try. Have tried changing the card now etc, but still get the error. If you solve it I'd love to hear how.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Apologies if this sounds obvious, but have you checked your settings? Turn off location and turn on online.

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    If you add the Revolut card now without using the vpn it will process fine for the next payment

I've tried just now again without any VPN.

Adding it as a backup payment method:
    There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use.

Updating existing payment method gives the same message:
    There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use.

:confused::confused:

I should add this is with a virtual card - I don't have a real card to try.

There is no difference between a virtual or physical card when it comes to online payments, check your Revolut settings and then remove Irish card and replace with Revolut

Thanks. I don't see either location or online settings anywhere in my revolut app. I do use it for Amazon payments and they go through no problem at all.

Select cards at the bottom of the screen then select security and there are all the settings

Thanks - maybe I'm going mad, but there is no security option - all I see is Freeze card, Unblock CVV, and Limit.

Just checked mine again and it’s not there on the virtual card which I hadn’t noticed so you’re not going mad lol

That's ok so :D

Thanks for the advice anyway! It's no big deal - only charged an extra 40 odd cent a month by my bank, so it's still a substantial saving, but I'm curious why very few others seem to be having problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

That's ok so :D

Thanks for the advice anyway! It's no big deal - only charged an extra 40 odd cent a month by my bank, so it's still a substantial saving, but I'm curious why very few others seem to be having problems!

I'm using a Virtual card to pay for Netflix so it is a strange one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

Did anyone find a solution to the card not being accepted? Hasnt worked for me on Revolut both physical and a new virtual card nor on any of my Irish bank cards?

Much appreciate for all the advice so far !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Mine worked first time. Had initially been using my regular Irish card

Tried 5 different cards wont accept any. Ah well I guess they've closed the loophole for newbis!

It isn’t a loophole you’re just signing up as if you’re in turkey and done properly this works fine, I helped someone sign up today

I appreciate that, just wondering are they blocking non turkish cards or something. Can I ask what card you used today?

I can see many over on hot deals UK are have similar issue. I tried revolut, AIB credit and debit and KBC debit all to no avail.

Cheers

D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Skrill worked fine for me two weeks back.

They have a virtual card option also:

https://www.skrill.com/skrill-prepaid-mastercard/skrill-virtual-card/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

ddubs wrote:
    I can see many over on hot deals UK are have similar issue. I tried revolut, AIB credit and debit and KBC debit all to no avail.

You're doing something wrong with your VPN is my guess. Have done it numerous times. Never an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

Welcome back OmegaGene

RossieMan wrote: »
    You're doing something wrong with your VPN is my guess. Have done it numerous times. Never an issue.

Thanks for your help. The VPN solution seems to work fine in that Im getting the Turkish site and being quoted in Lira but it just wont accept any card, very frustrating. I've used tor and edited the .torrc file as directed in recent previous posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Worked fine for me this morning - Torr browser & Revolut.

What do you do for the text message to confirm your account? I put in +353... no text.

• Advertisement

I didn't do anything. The only reason they ask for your mobile number is for password recovery and it's optional.

digitaldr wrote: »
    I didn't do anything. The only reason they ask for your mobile number is for password recovery and it's optional.

It's not optional for me. You can't progress past it. I've done nothing, logged in via regular Irish browser and it lets me log in but it has not setup my membership. I can "Try for 30 days" but goes through the same payment setup but in Euros.

So you're not using Tor browser or a VPN?

So you're not using Tor browser or a VPN?

Of course I am. I get as far as having to put in a Turkish phone number. I enter in my Irish number starting with +353 and no text arrives.

You said don't do anything it's optional. So I did nothing. Logged in without tor or VPN to start using it but the membership is not setup. I click "Try free for 30 days" and of course it's all in Euro.

OK maybe it's asking for the phone number because I was trying with my (Irish) credit card. I normally don't have a problem with cross currency so hadn't bothered with the Revolut account.

Trying now via Revolut instead. Looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow before the Lira transfer goes through. A day without Netflix for the family, there's going to be tears!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

OK maybe it's asking for the phone number because I was trying with my (Irish) credit card. I normally don't have a problem with cross currency so hadn't bothered with the Revolut account.

Trying now via Revolut instead. Looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow before the Lira transfer goes through. A day without Netflix for the family, there's going to be tears!!

What about charades? Oh how I miss Twink and Play the Game.

And Revolut card is not working. "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are using"

Tor network, setting up a brand new Netflix account, Revolut account with Turkish Lira.

Also, it's not possible to login to an existing account on the Turkish Netflix site via Tor. "Netflix site error. We were unable to process your request".

It does let you in via "Try for 30 days" but alas won't let you past the payment and hence won't let you setup an account.

Any other methods for cheap Netflix?

Ask someone to do it for you lol
    Must be thousands of people signed up using this method and every week one person seems to have a problem, pesky netflix is out to get them

Larf larf

Similar issue with the Deezer advice on another thread. You cannot setup an account via tor, doesn't get past the captcha for Turkey. Try it in Argentina and the prices are in sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I'm having the same problem, I need a Turkish mobile number to receive the one time code.

Using a VPN.

• Advertisement

They send you a text to a turkish mobile to verify you are in Turkey. How did you get past this, you say you did nothing?! Doing nothing is not an option. Do nothing and you have abandoned the signup process.

Advertisement