Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,080 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Shun the sheep, shun it I say. I'm calling all mine Shaun.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Shun the sheep, shun it I say. I'm calling all mine Shaun.

Nice of you to name them after me.... Honoured

I wouldn't be so cold as to call my sheep Jack Frost. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

At least if nothing else Mareep was unexpected. Maybe they might give Amphoros a great new moveset that might make him a top Electric type.
    The walking distance isnt much use for 3 hours after the current event unless there is some new hatches, and brings in the likelyhood of spending on more incubators.
    And we have the new quests anway to keep the interest levels up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Jfrost wrote: »
    Loving my Shiny collection

19 unique

Sweet! I’m at 19 unique aswell, although a few differ. I’d love shiny Sableye, also really want shiny Shuppet, but I think shiny Absol would be my #1 want.

I like Mareep Community Day, shiny Ampharos is another favorite of mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

AMGer wrote: »
    Sweet! I’m at 19 unique aswell, although a few differ. I’d love shiny Sableye, also really want shiny Shuppet, but I think shiny Absol would be my #1 want.

I like Mareep Community Day, shiny Ampharos is another favorite of mine
    I already feel very lucky with what I have, but a Mawile or Pichu would give me a buzz and a half.
    I'm hearing some folk complaining about Mareep and I can't figure why, a new hunt regardless of the mon involved will be great fun..... My personal preference would be an Eevee release on Community Day, someday eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

I'm not too bothered about Mareep, have a couple of Ampharos and sitting on 400 candy. But I guess a shiny would be nice.

Only have shiny Dragonite and Dratini so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

DublinCJM wrote: »
    I'm not too bothered about Mareep, have a couple of Ampharos and sitting on 400 candy. But I guess a shiny would be nice.

Only have shiny Dragonite and Dratini so far.

Is it shiny mareep though??

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

CraigM84 wrote: »
    Is it shiny mareep though??

Presume so. Was shiny Dratini and Bulba in the last couple. Just didn't manage to find a shiny Bulba, but didn't look very hard to be fair!

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Presume so. Was shiny Dratini and Bulba in the last couple. Just didn't manage to find a shiny Bulba, but didn't look very hard to be fair!

Thought they had announced shiny drat and bulba before hand, i could be wrong though, another shiny would be sweet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I don't think they ever offically announed any shiny's for community day, but the assets were discovered in the game the day's before.

Don't mind mareep, probably will get around to charmander and squirtle soon enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well my plan to go Pokemon hunting in London got shut down by my telco deciding I somehow had not activated international roaming (while doing nothing previously had roamed perfectly fine) but I got some catch up time on the airport and the results were meh:
    • 2x Bagon
    • 2x Swinhub
    • 1x Eevee
    • 2x Trapinch
    • 1x Kabuto
    • 1x Smoochum
    • 1x Cleffa
    • 1x Poochyena
    • 1x Shellder
    • 3x Pichu
    • 1x Shuckle
    • 1x Feebas
    • 1x Dratini
    • 1x Lileep
    • 2x Togepi
    • 1x Swablu
    • 1x Mantine
    • 1x Scyther
    • 1x Magby
    • 1x Spheal
    • 1x Taillow
    • 1x Machop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Didn't think we got any official notification that shiny drawdraws and babasaurs (what my wife calls them) were available before community day (the shiny sprites were uploaded a few hours beforehand though).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I live in London, and my boyfriend has got an ex-raid pass. Unfortunately, he'll be in Prague that weekend on a stag. Would it be OK for us to swap logins for the day so I can do the raid in his place (on his account), or do we risk getting bans from Niantic?

New ex-raid passes are out - I got one for Merrion square (after just doing one this morning! :D )

@silvervixen - it shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure that he doesn't open his account while in prague (or that he logs out the night before and you wait around 3-4 hours before logging in on your phone). Then on the day he should not login on his phone until 3-4 hours after you've completed the raid (and hopefully caught mewtwo).

Even if you didn't do the above it shouldn't lead to a ban - but rather you'll/he'll be soft banned i.e. can't spin pokestops and all pokemon run away instantly. Obviously you don't want that to happen to Mewtwo :)

Good luck on the raid - make sure your bf gets you a nice memento from Prague ;)

Last hatch just a few minutes ago...

wynaut wooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I'm stuck at home now until Tuesday so thank the pokegods I got one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

And I finally got a Chimecho, 360 caught :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Lucky feckers both of ye. Well done to ye.

No sign of either yet for me, am all walked out (45+ eggs hatched) with coins empty.

360/367

Chimecho now that'd be nice, new update is due to roll out by 9pm uk time seems to be the start of all the new stuff, rewards are gonna be epic, one shot at Mew is the talk at the moment which if true is bitter sweet nostalgia on original Mew which without action replay or missingno type voodoo you only got one shot too. Looks like there will be single player options on the rewards so that's great for me as a prefer a lone wolf style of play.

yes the talk from the japanese pokemon go pages suggest that a moltres encounter is one of the legendary rewards available for completing quests - this would mean that in theory solo players will be able to have a chance at catching legendaries without needing to interact with others at raids etc.

Though I would encourage people to participate in local events - most of the pogo people I've met in real life are all quite sound people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Though I would encourage people to participate in local events - most of the pogo people I've met in real life are all quite sound people.

I would definitely agree. The majority of players I've met over the last year have been great but then there's always one who ruins it... :cool:

Research is live, my first task "catch a ditto", LETS GO...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

syboit wrote: »
    Research is live, my first task "catch a ditto", LETS GO...

Fecks sake!
    Is that “field research?

Can you drop it for another?

Tenger wrote: »
    Fecks sake!
    Is that “field research?

Can you drop it for another?

Yeah, that was a field one. Yup dropped it already, I believe if I spin the same stop today I'll get the same one back.

So yeah, each pokestop has its own field task for the day. Complete one and you get the stamp for day, others Im only doing depending on reward. Nice you can drop them as you like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Couldn't get out this evening to hit up any stops, gonna see how I go with it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It's gone old school for April 1st

446997.png

Got Mewtwo number 4 today, sadly wasn't a great one (only 76 or so).

Angron wrote: »
    Got Mewtwo number 4 today, sadly wasn't a great one (only 76 or so).

Congrats, thats the same IVs as my only Mewtwo :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ok a long day of playing around with the research and this is what I've found:

1) Field research - keep deleting the tasks until you get balls (5 red/3 blue) if you need them, dust (if you need it) or random reward (which is a rare spawn you go into battle with directly) and possibly 1 raid candy
    Overall it's meaningless beyond getting the badge but can give a minor bonus to your daily grind and chance for rare spawns if you want them. I've deleted 50+ as I kept getting versions with fruit and simply kept going
    2) Special research you can accelerate the steps (I'm on 3 out of 8 atm) but you only get one stamp a day; got a feeling that there will be one reward for 7 stamps (but not required to be 7 days in a row) and another for completing a research package. The special research is significantly higher requirements (level 3 was win 2 gym battles, 2 raids and be at least level 15 as example; before that need to cast 10 great throws etc.) but rewards are much better as well for completing the three tasks.

Advertisement