Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I thought I would be safe by doing my first spin at 4.30 but nope, no incubator for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

it kinda sucks, you'd imagine if it were going live at 5 in the evening it would count it as first stop after that time, not hours before hand

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭hdl

Got my incubator. Also got a bag full of 5km eggs. I thought that starting with an empty bag I'd pick up at least one 10km :( So there isn't really an increased chance of hatching them, cos they'd have to give you the egg first!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Doesn't matter really regarding start time. I assume we will get an incubator after 12. So on last day of event we can spin after 12 that n8ght and get an incubator. Will amount to same number of them over the event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Anyone know what's in the boxes in the shop?

From reddit:

Special Box - 250coins - 10x great balls and 2x incubators. Value approximately 400 coins. Great Box - 550coins --- 20x great balls, 2x incense and 4x incubators value approximately 860 coins Ultra box - 1500coins --- 25x incense, 6x incubators and 20 ultra balls approximate value 2250 coins.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/5k97nn/we_know_the_event_started_please_stop_flooding_us/dbm8hcy/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Or just check in the shop to see for yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I was going to buy incubators anyway so bought the cheapest box. It's not exactly the sale of the century but it is a small saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Onthecutout325

today's hatch ! , along with a charmander , only 18 candies away from a charizard now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

hdl wrote: »
    Got my incubator. Also got a bag full of 5km eggs. I thought that starting with an empty bag I'd pick up at least one 10km :( So there isn't really an increased chance of hatching them, cos they'd have to give you the egg first!
    I got 4 eggs after being empty. A 2km, two 5km and a 10km. Eggs were very slim pickings for me and the person I was with only got two 5km at different stops. I thought people got eggs from the same stop if they spin at the same time?

Another incubator now after my second daily spin but no eggs to use it with.

got my first incubator a while ago, and also while i was out, i managed to hatch igglybuff, up to 4 babies now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Fairly pissed I got done out of the Xmas day incubator. Spun a stop an hour ago to get my first.

Have to say I'm tempted by the Ultra box - 25 incense and 6 incubators for 1500 coins isn't bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭brianomc

There's a Muk at Kevin Street DIT now for any early risers or unfortunate workers like myself. It was worth coming in today now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Mrs D and myself are spending Christmas with her family, so I took off out the door at 11:50 pm. Mrs D handed me her phone and off I went 15 minutes later I was back with 2 new inc's each :)
    My in laws now think I'm crazy. :p
    After hoarding gym coins for the past week we now have all eggs cooking.

For the walk today, seeing as we are in the sticks I may try the rural insence trick.

Happy Christmas everyone.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    I thought people got eggs from the same stop if they spin at the same time?

It does not seem to be the case, all evidence points to each spin being totally random. However the mons hatched do seem to corelate to specific stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Eirebull

Let me know how that incense goes Diemos. Will have to try that here if we are to catch anything this week. The extra 30 mins might be a bonus if it actually causes something to appear.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    I thought people got eggs from the same stop if they spin at the same time?

We always play with 2 phones at the same time, and I'd say 99% of the time we don't get the same items/eggs. It's very rare that we both get an egg from the same stop at the same time, but when we do, it's a 5km egg.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I haven't gotten any incubators yet.:(

Toots wrote: »
    I haven't gotten any incubators yet.:(

Eh? I've two of them - one from my first spin of the day late yesterday and one from first spin today.

You've spun a 'stop today, right?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Easy to miss them if you have some already. In storage. Nothing to indicate its the single use one, shows as a blue incubator with '1 use' left.

14 hatches here today and one baby from the lot of them (Cleffa, which we already had). Don't think I'll bother going out of my way to do any extra walking since it's the same old rubbish. Going to enjoy the next few days off instead!

• Advertisement

hdl wrote: »
    14 hatches here today and one baby from the lot of them (Cleffa, which we already had). Don't think I'll bother going out of my way to do any extra walking since it's the same old rubbish. Going to enjoy the next few days off instead!

Yeah I imagine Togepi will still be a tough hatch. I'm away in Mitchelstown for a few days, very tough to even get 9/9 eggs on the go at once with only 7 or 8 stops in the whole town!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Is pogobag not working for the last week or so? Really want an accurate picture of my IVs, used to depend on it but it keeps timing out when I try to log in. Pgnexus has changed its log in page too, not sure where going on with that either.

I got my incubator today. And two more santa pikachu! I have 46 candies and 5 santa pikachu... So in theory i could evolve my first raichu. I don't wanna give up the santa pikachu though so i might hope for one more catch first

bluewolf wrote: »
    I got my incubator today. And two more santa pikachu! I have 46 candies and 5 santa pikachu... So in theory i could evolve my first raichu. I don't wanna give up the santa pikachu though so i might hope for one more catch first
    Pikachu is only 1km per candy so you could make it your buddy for a little bit. That's what I did. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

got a magby, igglybuff and pichu from the start of this event. very happy since I'm just using free coins from holding gyms for my incubators.

Have another 10k egg in the free incubator...hoping for another baby.

My last few 5ks were ok too - out of 7 got a wonder tangela and wonder lickitung from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I've hatched so many geodudes, it's not funny anymore. Got one cleffa.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I haven't gotten any new mons from the event. Had an empty egg bag at the start and have probably hatched over 20 eggs on my travels around family. All crap. :(

Toots wrote: »
    I haven't gotten any new mons from the event. Had an empty egg bag at the start and have probably hatched over 20 eggs on my travels around family. All crap. :(

Similar here. And I hatched 4 Ponyta today alone. It has become the Pinsir of the 5km egg :(

Finally got Togepi today with 14 candies so lots of walking to do. Cleffa on Christmas Eve, Magby & Smoochum soon after launch. Happy enough with all that.

Oh, I'm also the proud owner of a Bellsprout ARMY! Jebus, so many hatched...

• Advertisement

just spent the last hour and half or so making laps of limerick, 140 pokeballs, 108 great balls, 50 ultra balls, managed to hatch 3 5 km eggs (nothing special), and hatched 4 2 km eggs, 3 bulbs !! and a weedle :P

got a sack full of eggs on the go now, 8 5 kms and 1 2 km :)

wasnt a bad evening for it

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Eirebull

We have only ever had one egg on at a time (except perhaps at the beginning if we were given more but can't remember) but today we have 7 on cooking!! We got three for getting to level 30, two by accidentally spent our precious free coins on the small surprise present (nearest and only gym is 20kms away), the free one and the normal. Looks amazing! We have one baby Cleffa which hatched from our one and only 2km egg so not complaining (too much) but only have 5ks otherwise. 2s and 10s are like gold dust.

Have hatched 2 Cleffas and a smooch um since last night to add to my igglybuff. 10ks are like hens teeth. Am I right in saying that's me done with the 2ks and the babies? There's only cleffa and igglybuff in them? Have 2 on the boil at the minute. They seem to be popping up everywhere for me now but only 1 10k in weeks.

2 Cleffa and a Magby so far. Nothing from the 5kms - I knew they wouldn't make it that much easier to get Togepi.

btw - are people still having hassle getting 10km eggs? I picked up 4 this morning from only 7 Pokestop spins! And all I want is 5km eggs!!

Visiting in laws has its perks :)

hatched all my eggs about 4-5 am this morning out on a walk, got another 2 charmanders so only 6 candied away from Charizard :)

rest of the eggs didnt have anything new, but managed to pick up a 10 Km egg on my travels so here's hoping :)

oh would anyone know of any Omanyte nests around limerick/clare area??

my last of the gen 1 mon to evolve for Omanistar

• Advertisement

just noticed i got my 95% IVs Victorybell back this morning, havent seen it since end Oct/start Nov :P

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

I hatched an omanyte from a 10k, totally fecking forgot they were ten K!
    Absolute dirt from my two K eggs! Three Zubat, two Weedle and a geodude!
    Five K haven't yielded further babies, but got a tangela!
    Still only have one pichu and one Elekid!

cleffa number 3....2ks getting a tad tedious now

dbagman wrote: »
    cleffa number 3....2ks getting a tad tedious now
    Kinda jealous! I have an uneven number in my dex because of that little barsteward

Kilkenny Castle is an Exeggute nest if anyone is interested. Went in with 20 candies, came out two hours later with 2 newly evolved Exeggutors and 48 candies left! That was my first experience of a nest of any sort (other than Pidgey or Rattata :D), so it sort of made up for all the rubbish hatches of the day.

"Best" hatch of the day was a Machop.....or maybe a Magikarp! I have the two 2km babies, so naturally, all I'm getting from stops are 2km eggs. Not a sight of a 10km, when I need two of the babies from them :(

• Advertisement

Done hatching eggs for today. No Togepi or Pichu from 5kms. Did get two more Cleffa and and Igglybuff from 2kms, and a Magby and two more Elekids from 10kms.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

AMGer wrote: »

Nicely done!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

AMGer wrote: »
    Lucky fecker. well done you!
    Glad you got such a great CP, would be a killer to get 3 digit CP.

Neither Mrs D nor myself got an Inc from a stop yesterday, though we both spun many stops. Did that happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jmcco04

U only get it with ur 1st spin of the day with your streak bonus, easy enough to miss did u check ur journal??

Yup, journal checked, we are out of town so stops are few and far between, easy to keep track of.
    Got one this morning. <shrugs>

Three Pichu in the space of ten hatches this morning. Still no second Togepi :(

Three pichu, Jesus!
    I hatched a Smoochum from a ten K this morning, three ghastly, two paras and I don't even know what else from five k's
    I've yet to hatch a 2k baby, even though I'm flying through 2k eggs, Weedle after Weedle after Zubat after Zubat! Got one bulba this morning from 2k,rest have been muck!
    And is pogobag gone? Haven't got it to work in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Would anyone know if bull island is still good? :) haven't taken a trip out there in weeks.

Finally hatched the fecker (Togepi) this morning. Now only need Smoochum and Elekid, but I'm having a hard time picking up 10km eggs. Only got one in the last week which hatched this morning. Was gutted to get a Dratini.

My egg bag is full right now (1x 2km, 8x 5km) and I just couldn't be bothered walking them because I need nothing from them.

Is there any method to picking up 10km eggs? I've been going back to stops that I know I've got 10kms from but can't seem to get another. Then I've been skipping other stops along the way so that I have free bag space when I get to a "known" 10km egg stop. But am I as likely to get a 10km egg from any old stop? Wish there was an obvious pattern to follow :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement