Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon league! Meet ups every Tuesday 6-9pm.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I'll be working... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

What date is that? the 2nd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

What date is that? the 2nd?

Yup, so we'd need to decide pretty soon if we want to meet then.

My auntie text me to see if I'd go to my cousins birthday party on Tuesday the 2nd so I don't know if she meant Monday the 2nd or Tuesday :P

I'll find out today anyway and I'll be along if the party is on the Tuesday.

Good news, party is on Tuesday so I can make it if people are going on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Banjo wrote: »
    Can't wait! I hope they play "Can I Play With Machamps", "The Lombrest Day" and "Face In The Sandshrew"

Only saw this now, ha! Epic. They played none of them. But 'Blood Bronzor' was pretty epic, and 'Fear of the Darkrai' is one of my favorites :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Good news, party is on Tuesday so I can make it if people are going on Monday.

Ah coolio! I'm going to go on Monday, and hopefully my non- invisible husband can make it this time!

So tomorrow at the usual time then?

That's the plan I think.

Yay for bank holiday Monday, meaning Sunday timetables, meaning a bus at a decent time!

• Advertisement

So when are people next free?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well I know I'll be in Dub on the 21st, but if people are free sooner I can try and head up then too

This month's weekends I'm busy for most of them. I'm away the 13th-15th, 20th-23rd and then Nom-Con on the 28th-29th.

I will be able to make a meeting this Saturday if that's any good, but will have to head earlier to meet people off a train

I'm free this saturday too. We could always meet up a bit earlier if that would suit people.

So I presume nothing happening until the convention weekend - which looks like I may not be able to attend given there's an Eirtakon staff meeting early afternoon, yet there's probably going to be some committee impromptu meeting beforehand which will require my attention :/

Would any mid week day suit anyone?

The rest of this week suits me, start of next week though not so sure as I have friends coming over from the UK early for Nom-con and they're staying with me until mid-week.

From Wednesday onwards I should be awake and recovered from Magic the Gathering to make Pokemon meetups

Would next Thursday (26th) suit people?

Would next Thursday (26th) suit people?
    Sounds good to me :)

• Advertisement

Okey-dokey, 26th it is then!

Although the only thing I can think of for discussion topics is getting some ideas for a Pokétourney at Eirtakon...

26th is good for me too :)

What time Thursday? I'm working till 2

We meet up at around 12:30 but maybe some of us will still be around by then.

I'll have to scoot off a bit earlier, my nanny wants me to take her shopping :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

So yea i didnt know this sorta thing went on right under my nose and now i feel real stupid for assuming it wouldn't and i would really love to go but i gots my fas course tomorrow :( I wanna go not fair

popzmaster wrote: »
    So yea i didnt know this sorta thing went on right under my nose and now i feel real stupid for assuming it wouldn't and i would really love to go but i gots my fas course tomorrow :( I wanna go not fair

We try to have them regularly so there'll be more to come in the future!

I, ummm, yea. Overslept after going back to bed - as the dog woke me up before 9am after going to bed at half 2 :/

I like the way we are now going to hi-jack Nom-Con for a Pokémeet up :)

The tourny is on the 11am to 4.30pm block and after that I have nothing else keeping me there. Weather permitting we could go down to the beach that's a maybe 20 minutes walk away. Or go to the Starbucks down the road, or into the random pubs that are deserted during the day across from the RDS. Or indeed hang out in some randomspare room at Nom-Con

I like the way we are now going to hi-jack Nom-Con for a Pokémeet up :)

The tourny is on the 11am to 4.30pm block and after that I have nothing else keeping me there.

Are you really expecting it to last that long...?

I'm not coming to the con, I don't expect to be up anywhere near in time what with the stuff I have happening tonight. I would meet after but I'll be busy at an Eirtakon meeting.

• Advertisement

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Are you really expecting it to last that long...?

I'm not coming to the con, I don't expect to be up anywhere near in time what with the stuff I have happening tonight. I would meet after but I'll be busy at an Eirtakon meeting.
    Nope. That was the time I was given. I've also be given a time slot on Sunday at the last minute :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Shocked at how badly the 'tournament' was run today. So many ESSENTIAL rules left out. No one hit KO's? I think thats important. Especially if nobody said anything in free play. AND it was used too in the first round and nobody said anything.

And nobody said anything to me about Cherish Balls not being allowed. They weren't hacked. They were transferred from a friends game as a held item. I don't see the problem. They do nothing to give an advantage to your pokemon, bar a shiny entrance. If they weren't allowed, THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE RULES.

A sham of a tournament, awfully run, and an awful organiser that wanted to get her own way since nobody else cared.

You might want to be careful what you say around here...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Uh-oh, spaghetti ohs! (about the only appropriate thing I can think to say)

Xinkai wrote: »
    Shocked at how badly the 'tournament' was run today. So many ESSENTIAL rules left out. No one hit KO's? I think thats important. Especially if nobody said anything in free play. AND it was used too in the first round and nobody said anything.
    Free play is well, Free play. It was done for folks to get a fell for playing on PBR. I didn't have to do it and but did. I don't care much for free play as it's not part of the tournament.
    Your 'mon weren't spotted, as let's be honest here, I was probably taking in more registration forms and explaining for the umteenth time how to fill them in.

OHKO moves are only 30% accuracy, that's pretty pee poor to hit. Factor in Sturdy, active Substitute and Focus Sash and they become pretty useless. I can't remember the final clause ruling. It's been about 6 months since I wrote up rules, so pardon me if I don't remember every thing I wrote down. I've kinda had two lots of VGC, my wedding and two doses of MTG Nationals rules to stuff in my little head.
    And nobody said anything to me about Cherish Balls not being allowed. They weren't hacked. They were transferred from a friends game as a held item. I don't see the problem. They do nothing to give an advantage to your pokemon, bar a shiny entrance. If they weren't allowed, THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE RULES.
    Cherish Balls we allowed as long as the Pokemon in them were proper Cherish Ball Pokémon. Cherish Ball Pokémon are Pokémon got Pokemon Event either in person or via wi-fi.

Did you miss seeing the Shiny Raichu that was played? Shiny Raichu in a Cherish Ball can arise from evolving the Shiny Pichu event (aka Pikachu-coloured Pichu event) that was available for all on Wi-fi a few months back.
    Go and find me the event that gave out nicknamed shiny Metagross and Tyranitar and I will recognise your Cherish Ball 'mon.

Don't forget I had given you the option to replace said T-tar and Metagross before your next match, which is more than you'd get at official tournaments.

As for the rules, there was plenty enough trouble trying to explain Double Battles to half the players. You want to add a list of Cherish Ball 'mon to that? Most of the twenty thousand emails are going to be "what's a Cherish Ball?" followed by "what's a Pokémon Event?", followed by "when's the next Pokémon event?".
    A sham of a tournament, awfully run, and an awful organiser that wanted to get her own way since nobody else cared.
    It's my first run PBR tournament and it's also the first Nom-Con ever. We're bount to make the odd mistake. True nobody else cared (as that's the nature of Pokémon) about the tourny, be glad that I did and actually saw it through.

If I wanted my own way I would have only taken registration from those that came on the day with the registration sheets that had been previously emailed out and closed the event at the end of the time (4.30pm) and actually had something to eat other than snacks and a bottle of Diet Coke.
    Instead I let anyone that wanted to register, and ended up running until around 7pm, which I will properly get in trouble for both.

\end explaination

For anyone that's interested here's the finals:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djvT37fpBvc

That kind of attitude is not acceptable here, please think before you post again. Whatever your opinion on the tournament or what happened in it but please don't slag off the organizers, they do as best they can to keep everything fair for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

personally i thought the tournament was awesome, and im very pleased with how i did in my first competative tourney(wailord guy wasn't so tough), ans sure some of the rules may have been muddled up but who cares we all had a great time playing pokemon and it was entertaining as hell,im just upset that i forgot to ask if we could have a match to see who came 3rd and 4th, cannot wait for the next one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

(wailord guy wasn't so tough)

:D

That whole thing was so unexpected, never thought I'd end up earning a new nickname on the day. I knew my strategy was really risky though, and I was riding on a wave of lucky type match-ups until I met your team.

Big thanks to the organisers for a fantastic tournament, it was a lot of fun!

*sulks over the fact that he couldn't go*

Urizen wrote: »
    *sulks over the fact that he couldn't go*
    *hug*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

When is the next meeting would love to meet up with everybody b4 I get busy again....

• Advertisement

Whenever people want really. Care to suggest a date? :D

Well with the schools back, I doubt midweek is going to be possible anymore.

Is this Saturday too soon?

I might be babysitting this Saturday, but I'm not sure. If I'm not then I'll be along on Saturday. I can't do anything midweek because I'm back in school myself :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

I thought that the tounament was brilliant. I didn't even get past the first round (lol) but it was really entertaining to watch. I thought that the organiser did a great job as we all enjoyed ourselves and she stayed to finish the tourney even though it way over time. ^^

Won't the next pokemon tourney be at Eirtakon?

mulciber wrote: »
    I thought that the tounament was brilliant. I didn't even get past the first round (lol) but it was really entertaining to watch. I thought that the organiser did a great job as we all enjoyed ourselves and she stayed to finish the tourney even though it way over time. ^^

Won't the next pokemon tourney be at Eirtakon?
    Ask TheChrisD about Eirtakon, he's our expert on that.

Personally, just give me players who want a good time and I'll run a tourny. TV, Wii and PBR are optional. :)

Meet up wise I'm going to be in the true capital this weekend (that's Cork, like). This does beg the question if we have any Pokemon fans down there I could start the Cork branch of the Boards.ies Meet Up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

Well, im free ALL day from Wednesday - Friday as far as I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Not sure where to post, but nom con pokemon tournement was fun^^ had a good time there. cheers for that. Happy i came 2nd:D

I really need to learn more about pokemons. didn't know garchomp wasn't effected by electric lol

chueytoo wrote: »
    Not sure where to post, but nom con pokemon tournement was fun^^ had a good time there. cheers for that. Happy i came 2nd:D

I really need to learn more about pokemons. didn't know garchomp wasn't effected by electric lol

Yeah, that was funny, lol. ^^ It was a great match though. =) Are you going to the Eirtakon tourney? (that's if there is one)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

chueytoo wrote: »

yeah dude the final was a really good battle, and the guy said he can 99% guaranteed there be a tournament at eirtakon, also id very much so like a rematch

yeah dude the final was a really good battle, and the guy said he can 99% guaranteed there be a tournament at eirtakon, also id very much so like a rematch

And I'd like to get past the 1st round xD

• Advertisement
Advertisement