Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest scandal in your workplace (Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,100 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They have to be nominated and elected by parents.

<
    Theory

Practice
    >

Never been an election in my kids' school, either.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

If the Board of Management wasn't constituted in line with the legal requirements, the Dept Education would certainly act.

hahahahahaah!!!!! :pac:

The Dept of Education taking action against a religious patronage school for running it as a fiefdom of the local cleric!

Wait a minute. You're actually being serious???

Anonymous caller to local radio would have it looked at sharpish.

Yes despite rapidly shrinking advertising revenues, they have teams of Pulitzer prize winning investigative journos on standby.

Just waiting for that vital anonymous tip-off.

I thought this thread was supposed to have some basis in reality?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

<
    Theory

Practice
    >

In practice and in my experience, only one male parent and one female parent put themselves forward for election. No other parent wanted to do it so they were automatically placed on the BOM ergo no election. If I had a euro for every time a parent said they weren't notified about something or they didn't get the letter because they didn't read a text/didn't look in their child's bag/diary or their darling never gave them the letter I'd be sitting on a small fortune. Not saying your case is the same. When it comes to BOM issues, there is very little wiggle room, the diocesan offices are watching closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

hahahahahaah!!!!! :pac:

The Dept of Education taking action against a religious patronage school for running it as a fiefdom of the local cleric!

Wait a minute. You're actually being serious???

Yes despite rapidly shrinking advertising revenues, they have teams of Pulitzer prize winning investigative journos on standby.

Just waiting for that vital anonymous tip-off.

I thought this thread was supposed to have some basis in reality?

I'm being more serious than you are genuine. Once talk like this gets out the dept want it quashed. That puts them on the go, it's bad that youd have to call someone out like that but it doesn't need a whole pile to light a fire for a small issue.

Your tone is disgraceful btw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Christ could you give us a break from the school/teaching posts???

• Advertisement

And can the tone police return to barracks?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

Can we get back on topic. Start a thread on school Board of Management if you want to continue on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I preferred the riding in workplaces

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mike_cork

Couple of stories from jobs over the years:
    (1) Worked with an Argentinean lad in a previous job-He was working late one day on a customer client site in Dublin. Got talking to the cleaner and ended up in the broom closet with her. They dated for a while afterwards
    (2) Again, on a customer site- A colleague was staying late. He went to the office of a customer manager to ask a question......and found him and his secretary going at it on his desk
    (3) 2 people got caught on cctv on the night shift going into a side room for some action. Both married.....to different people. Both were spoken too but don’t know if they were reprimanded
    (4) An ex female colleague in the space of about 18 months was intimate with approx. 6 male colleagues,2 of whom were a lot older and married. It got to the point she got moved into a different job within the company as her direct team just wanted rid. She was a total liability at work events, and would inevitability try to hook up with someone.

Darker stories from work:
    (1) Female colleague told people she'd be back in 5 and headed to the bathroom.....Where she attempted suicide. Was thankfully found in time and cut down.
    (2) Regular Security guard stopped showing up to work.... Turned out he had been arrested. He had been molesting young kids in his capacity as an underage GAA coach. He was prosecuted, story in the national press etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Another place I worked (call centre), a female scobie wan kenobi got fired for threatening some old fella on a call. She stormed out of building and took a massive **** on the Director of ops car bonnet. When she saw she had an audience, she grabbed some of it and jammed it under his door handles as well :(

Ah yes....Years of bitter customer experience just shouts out to me that this was Eirs Call Centre......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

mike_cork wrote: »
    (4)An ex female colleague in the space of about 18 months was intimate with approx. 6 male colleagues

As in a female who is now an ex colleague, or a colleague who is now an ex female?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mike_cork

DrPhilG wrote: »
    As in a female who is now an ex colleague, or a colleague who is now an ex female?

Ex colleague who is a feamle ha ha ha
    She was a total disaster after drink

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

mike_cork wrote: »
    Ex colleague who is a feamle ha ha ha
    She was a total disaster after drink

I worked with a girl like that many years ago. Cracking little thing riding everything in the office.

Unfortunately my girlfriend at the time happened to work in the same company :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MrAbyss

When I was in my early 20s I worked in a huge electronics warehouse and some nifty Sony mini TVs kept going missing. I was called into the office and the boss said 'we know it is you, look, you are a good worker and nice guy. just bring back the TVs or pay for them and it's OK with me." I protested that I had stolen nothing. While I was being interviewed in the bosses office about this, one of the female office staff was in the warehouse and saw the boss's son putting one of the mini TVs into his bag.

Next day the boss apologized profusely and gave me a raise. So a scandal with a happy ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭14dMoney

A buddy of mine worked in a large retailer during college. 2 floor members were transferred to different stores after a manager caught them riding in the warehouse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

MrAbyss wrote: »
    When I was in my early 20s I worked in a huge electronics warehouse and some nifty Sony mini TVs kept going missing. I was called into the office and the boss said 'we know it is you, look, you are a good worker and nice guy. just bring back the TVs or pay for them and it's OK with me." I protested that I had stolen nothing. While I was being interviewed in the bosses office about this, one of the female office staff was in the warehouse and saw the boss's son putting one of the mini TVs into his bag.

Next day the boss apologized profusely and gave me a raise. So a scandal with a happy ending.

Hope it was a large raise as you'd have bee fcuking minted if you'd have sued

Hope it was a large raise as you'd have bee fcuking minted if you'd have sued

I was a young emigrant in the USA at the time and pretty sure workers have no rights there. Well not like here or spending a fortune on a lawyer.

Portsalon wrote: »
    Colleague in work came into tea break late and distressed after a heated phone call with a customer. Without telling anyone, one of her colleagues slipped out of the canteen went to her desk, called the customer back (anonymously as he thought, being a complete technical ignoramus and this having taken place about 20 years ago) and abused and threatened her.

She immediately traced the call and contacted both our Head Office and the gardaí. As the call had been made from the female colleague's phone, she was under suspicion briefly, until the complainant clarified that the abusive caller had been male. Didn't take long to identify the guilty party who was immediately suspended (on full pay, sadly) to universal delight, as he was widely despised. He was later 'persuaded' into taking early retirement - and, thanks be to goodness, his local Union rep. refused to intervene on his behalf. Today, he'd probably have gone on extended sick leave and received counselling.

Well odds are that the Customer created all of the issue regarding this heated conversation & if this was the case and having heard a lot over the years about how so many ignorant and entitled people think its perfectly ok to verbally abuse and upset call centre workers I think this guy should have been given a medal and a €50 voucher.

I used to work in a Call Centre where if the worker was verbally abused 3 times in one customer call then they could hang up..... Jesus like, allow people have a little bit of dignity and self-respect will you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

So a scandal with a happy ending.

There have been a few "happy endings" in the scandals here in fairness.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    There have been a few "happy endings" in the scandals here in fairness.

Actually I'm too lazy to go look for it...But theres a post somewhere on boards.ie where some fella was going to a load of those asian massage places for over 10 years and just getting a standard back and shoulder massage.

He said in retrospect he'd been innocently and politely declining when hints were thrown at him over the years and for a finish he was just mildly disappointed that he'd unknowingly paid for 500+ handjobs he'd never cashed in :D

• Advertisement

Phantom sh1tter was a real thing on the buses back in the day....

Male would get on, lift rear seat upstairs open cover under seat area and relieve himself and replace all parts....

It took maintenance a while to dig it out, the smell that is.

Inspectors in the company were fudging working hours done and when they were meant to be in work many of them were off on the golf course.....

Amazing to see they kept their jobs and some have even moved up to management level.

Conductors and their rent money.... They had 2 ticket machines and both weren't company provided....

Others would stick condoms or tights into the money drops and take the cash back out.....

The Phantom ****ter is a universal constant and can happen anywhere. HOWEVER, the most unusual place to date I heard about was someone took a dump on the luggage conveyor at Gatwick in the 90s and while people were anticipating their baggage to arrive when the conveyor started moving, the first thing that came out was a huge turd that came out and navigated the entire course of the conveyor until it came back around again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭blackwhite

A phantom shitter apparantly doing the rounds in the office here.

A few months back, someone left a serious mess in one of the cubicles, with the flush handle broken off the wall. Assumed somebody got caught out by the handle breaking, and was too embarrassed to call the office manager because of what they had left stewing in the bowl. A few buckets of water from the office manager cleared the mess and maintenance company called in to fix the handle.

Office manager just arrived in to me to sign-off a PO for an unscheduled maintenance call-out.
    Yesterday evening - same stall, and exact same situation again. Seems like someone's doing it deliberately. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

blackwhite wrote: »
    A phantom shitter apparantly doing the rounds in the office here.

A few months back, someone left a serious mess in one of the cubicles, with the flush handle broken off the wall. Assumed somebody got caught out by the handle breaking, and was too embarrassed to call the office manager because of what they had left stewing in the bowl. A few buckets of water from the office manager cleared the mess and maintenance company called in to fix the handle.

Office manager just arrived in to me to sign-off a PO for an unscheduled maintenance call-out.
    Yesterday evening - same stall, and exact same situation again. Seems like someone's doing it deliberately. :eek:

Ah sure that's amateur, our phantom sh*tter used to just take a dump in the middle of the floor, no cubicle required for her.

The mind boggles, but looking at this thread it seems to be a regular thing (or maybe the same person job hopping).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The Phantom ****ter is a universal constant and can happen anywhere. HOWEVER, the most unusual place to date I heard about was someone took a dump on the luggage conveyor at Gatwick in the 90s and while people were anticipating their baggage to arrive when the conveyor started moving, the first thing that came out was a huge turd that came out and navigated the entire course of the conveyor until it came back around again.
    That was Louis Poo-ton luggage, I'll have you know!

Hey, at least nobody claimed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,522 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

<
    Theory

Practice
    >

What school is this? Have parents been invited to start for election?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

What school is this? Have parents been invited to start for election?

Please don't start this one off again. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Final Reminder:
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Mod

Can we get back on topic. Start a thread on school Board of Management if you want to continue on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,522 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Portsalon wrote: »
    It could also enable the individual concerned to accumulate Class A PRSI credits towards the State Contributory pension.
    I thought you had to be working more than 18 hours a week for the PRSI credit to count towards the pension?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I thought you had to be working more than 18 hours a week for the PRSI credit to count towards the pension?

This thread is called biggest scandal in your workplace???:confused::confused:

Advertisement