Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you taking part in any LGBTQ events for pride month?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,150 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

This is my line too.

I don't care if you're gay, I honestly don't. Stick what you want where you want- but I'm fúcked if I'm going to cheer you on for it. Why should I, I just don't think it's all that impressive!

I don't feel like I deserve a parade just for liking fanny, I just quietly get on with the business of liking fanny. I'm not in any way proud of that fact, I had nothing to do with it, it's not like I had to work on it!

nobody is asking you to cheer anybody on. Where does this nonsense come from?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I feel the same.
    Too much ego involved.

The catholics in NI were denied their rights too, but didn't make a ****ing parade about it.

Also, you have to remember what it was like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7-q1WRaKNg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I don't feel like I deserve a parade just for liking fanny, I just quietly get on with the business of liking fanny. I'm not in any way proud of that fact, I had nothing to do with it, it's not like I had to work on it!

That is where you went wrong. I WORK at it. And I am damn good and if there was a competition i would win!

I am good with fanny! ;)

I shall be invisible at Pride. I am bi so no one will see me.

we dont exist. Have you not been told that?

• Advertisement

My old partner was a bit ahead of his time, for protesting at the exclusion of what was then gay pride.

Other letters followed along of course, but respect for that.
    Bi people can be treated very unfairly, from both straight and gay people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

No, I'm not so desperate for attention that I have to take pride in who I sleep with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

That's weird because nearly every speech I saw last year at the end in Smithfield was about highlighting acceptance of bi-people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RandomGirl78

Balanadan wrote: »
    I'm dressing up as a woman to promote transgender equality.

That is disgusting. Do you really think you know about transgenders when you dress like a woman?

As a transgender, living in Ireland, facing the daily discrimination of our so called diverse society and especially from feminists, I simply want to tell you, that men dressing as women like they might do as fetish or just for fun for carnival, is really offending.

keano_afc wrote: »
    No, I'm not so desperate for attention that I have to take pride in who I sleep with.

It only it were just that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 RandomGirl78

That's weird because nearly every speech I saw last year at the end in Smithfield was about highlighting acceptance of bi-people.

But how you would know about the sexual orientation? Should bi-people wear a sign to promote themselves?

That is disgusting. Do you really think you know about transgenders when you dress like a woman?

As a transgender, living in Ireland, facing the daily discrimination of our so called diverse society and especially from feminists, I simply want to tell you, that men dressing as women like they might do as fetish or just for fun for carnival, is really offending.

Good on you.
    It's a tough road to travel, not one of easy choice.
    Respect to you RG.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Good on you.
    It's a tough road to travel, not one of easy choice.
    Respect to you RG.

And it's funny, you know? With the feminists? You think you have allies. Meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

But how you would know about the sexual orientation? Should bi-people wear a sign to promote themselves?

Why are you having a dig at me? I don't care if a person is straight, gay, bi, rides bananas... Some people obviously thought the issue needed highlighting on the stage at Pride last year. I didn't dictate the timetable and speeches for it last year.

keano_afc wrote: »

You don't take pride in who you sleep with?

we dont exist. Have you not been told that?

Existential crisis achieved!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Exactly this.
    I think it must be hard for people to imagine how it could be, at the age of 11, 12, etc. to be confronted with a reality that goes against the grain of all of society. It's bloody harsh.

See this is an example of what I was saying, the war is over but the army marches on regardless.
    Being gay does not go "against the grain of all society" Quite the opposite in fact, it is near universally accepted these days!

I very much doubt I just happen to move in unusually accepting circles, but practically everyone I know has gay family and friends and nobody is crying into their holy water because of it.

nobody is asking you to cheer anybody on. Where does this nonsense come from?

If a month long celebration of homosexuality is not cheering on people for being gay what the hell is it?
    I am good with fanny! ;)

Sweet. Any good tips?;)

See this is an example of what I was saying, the war is over but the army marches on regardless.
    Being gay does not go "against the grain of all society" Quite the opposite in fact, it is near universally accepted these days!

I very much doubt I just happen to move in unusually accepting circles, but practically everyone I know has gay family and friends and nobody is crying into their holy water because of it.

If a month long celebration of homosexuality is not cheering on people for being gay what the hell is it?

Sweet. Any good tips?;)

Suck don't lick.

Also for hands pincer movement ....clitoris inbetween your finger and your thumb....

Whatever you have seen in movies isn't helping.

In terms of finger blasting i possibly can't advise you lesbians generally have less ...how to put this ...experience with penetration??

And with penetration ..grind ...not just up and down.

Also its more of an intimacy thing. Women together are like ..spiritual.

but nobody is asking YOU to cheer them on. I'm sure they'll get on fine without you.

Suck don't lick.

Also for hands pincer movement ....clitoris inbetween your finger and your thumb....

Whatever you have seen in movies isn't helping.

Ha, I was only joking....but those are some of my moves alright.

Competition is on, beatch:D

• Advertisement

Ha, I was only joking....but those are some of my moves alright.

Competition is on, beatch:D

:D

but nobody is asking YOU to cheer them on. I'm sure they'll get on fine without you.

Cool. I'll get on just fine without them too.

It's almost as if the whole thing is unnecessary isn't it.

Cool. I'll get on just fine without them too.

It's almost as if the whole thing is unnecessary isn't it.

It really is but as it doesnt affect you in any way i'm not sure why you are so exercised over it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

How come these organisations don't take part or make their stance known on other societal and political issues?

Did the guards paint their cars in support of repeal last year? Did the GAA have a black pride march to fight against racism in the GAA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

I saw the Gardai Today said they were taking part in Dublin pride later this month and they showed some cars they transformed for the event.
    Personally myself I'm not doing anything for the month. I know a few people who'll probably attend Dublin pride.
    I know the event is becoming more and more popular with families in the last few years. Mostly with people close to the events. Is there anybody here travelling with their family to LGBTQ events this year?
    Or is it something that you've to do in your work place?

62198472_10157046976943001_823002930339643392_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=a7f5ef1804e4371ad702907ff70d4847&oe=5D88C69E

Mod Note Keep homophobia out of this thread!

I realise it's not an issue which facilitates rational discussion but am very surprised to see a state body such as the Gardaí conspicuously aligning themselves to a particular event.

It really is but as it doesnt affect you in any way i'm not sure why you are so exercised over it.

I'm not.

This is a discussion board, we're having a discussion, this is just how discussions work!

Powerhouse wrote: »
    I realise it's not an issue which facilitates rational discussion but am very surprised to see a state body such as the Gardaí conspicuously aligning themselves to a particular event.

Dublin bus have in the past ..lots of state bodies have.

The war is not over. Not in Ireland and certainly not in other parts of the world. Perhaps there will come a day when it is but who doesn't love a good party.

Everyone is welcome at pride. Straight peeps etc.

Stuff might be overpriced now. But its still fun.

• Advertisement

The war is not over. Not in Ireland and certainly not in other parts of the world. Perhaps there will come a day when it is but who doesn't love a good party.

Personally I think it's long over in Ireland, but yea it's certainly not in some other parts of the world.

I think a lot of "homophobic" attacks are not homophobic at all - it's just arseholes being arseholes, if the weren't attacking for being gay, it would be for being fat, for being skinny, for being ginger, for being black, for being Polish, for being whatever the hell you just happen to be. It's just an excuse for some dick looking for trouble. Wrong place, wrong time and not really anything more than that.

I was once attacked outside my mothers house for being bald - do you seriously think that the guy who did it had some deep seated issue with or fear of baldies?

(He probably does now, the junkie fúck, but that's a separate story:D)

Advertisement