Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buttering toast, straight away or wait until the bread is hard?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

18% (34 right now) let toast go cold. This is all kinds of wrong. These people are sick.

Something must be done.

No. Not cold.
    Perhaps some people let it go cold, but many let it cool somewhat before buttering it.
    Warm toast with mostly unmelted butter ftw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭IAmTheReign

Let it cool obviously. The whole point of toasting bread it to make it crunchy. Why would you go to all the hassle of making the bread all nice and crunchy and then go and ruin it by making it all soggy with melted butter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

This thread got me mad for the toast this morning first thing I got a good crust; slammed it in the toaster cracked open the salmon spread slathered on the cream cheese and kicked back with a short sharp black coffee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

wot type of suck phuck waits until their toast is cooled before buttering it? absolute degenerates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭amacca

Butter immediately and eat immediately ....dont wait for it to get soggy and limp or cool and hard

Nom nom

(One requires a crunchy on the outside texture with a hint of soft bread on the inside and delicious mostly melted butter on the outside - anything else is at best unsophisticated)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

amacca wrote: »
    Butter immediately and eat immediately

ISN'T THIS ENTIRELY OBVIOUS??@?:mad: Society is going down the pan. Frappe this, Soy that, cubes of frozen jelly, this deviancy with the butter, it's not normal ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I enjoy it both ways

Warm with melted butter has it's place but so does cold with a think layer of butter and jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,976 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Whilst on the topic of bread, anyone who throws away the heel, and in particular a batch heel, is a heathen and a philistine and should be shunned by right thinking people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 danny28ryan

Back in the day when I worked in London......I used to toast my bread the night before, cool it down, then put it in the fridge until the next morning. Wake up and butter it then with a cup of tea. Its the future😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Neither straight away or wait until it's cold, like others have said you need to wait just long enough for it to be still warm but not collapse when you spread the butter on it, and always prop the toast up when doing so to avoid the dreaded toast-sweat!

• Advertisement
Advertisement