Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Worked at home yesterday so my car was parked in driveway since Thursday evening.
    Went outside around 6.30pm and noticed that all four hubcaps had been stolen.
    20 year old car - the hubcaps were the original ones that were on when we drove it out of the Toyota dealership in 1999.
    Fairly well worn at this stage but still annoying - why would someone be bothered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I love pomegranate. I don't love the icky feeling the juice leaves on my teeth after eating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The septics and their "grilled cheese sandwich", that they make on a frying pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Rude people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭4Ad

My temporary tooth came loose in the pub last night, I put it somewhere safe..so safe I cant find it..
    As if I wasnt ugly enough..
    Getting it done on Tuesday, not going to talk or smile until then !

• Advertisement

CD's in the post with cracked cases. That said the cases are crap anyway.

Or broken teeth.

Really bugs me when sellers don't package CDs properly. A square of bubblewarp over teeth, full bubblewrap and cardboard over the jewel case isn't too much to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,095 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Worked at home yesterday so my car was parked in driveway since Thursday evening.
    20 year old car - the hubcaps were the original ones that were on when we drove it out of the Toyota dealership in 1999.
    Fairly well worn at this stage but still annoying - why would someone be bothered?

Needed a few soup bowls for a christening, maybe.

See a CD box set on Amazon. About 50% overpriced. Pre-order it anyway as the price invariably should drop before the release date.
    Forget about it for a couple of months.
    Released last Friday and arrives on Monday - charged full price as there were no movements in the intervening period.
    On Tuesday, I notice that the price drops to what it should have been in the first place.
    Ask Amazon for refund of the difference as it was an obvious mistake on their part.
    They refuse.
    So I return the item for a refund and re-order a new copy at the lower price.
    Would have been much easier if they lost the "computer says no" inflexible attitude and just issued a refund for the price difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,260 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They might be hard to pick up now!
    Our rear window washer went missing a few years ago as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Finding my way around Spotify atm, it really nags you to get Premium

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Zipper broke on my jeans, they are only a month old. I can't use these anymore, well unless I want to be known as the town weirdo :/

I have learned a lesson, they were cheap 15 euro jeans from a supermarket. I've owned other pairs for years and this never happened!

I really liked them though, what a waste

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Zipper broke on my jeans, they are only a month old. I can't use these anymore, well unless I want to be known as the town weirdo :/

I have learned a lesson, they were cheap 15 euro jeans from a supermarket. I've owned other pairs for years and this never happened!

Bring them back,aslong as you have proof of purchase you should be fine.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or go to an alteration place, they'd replace the zipper for you without having to spend a fortune.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Annoyed that my sister bought a pair of high heels for my 2 year old (as part of dressup). It is the 2nd pair that she has given her with the previous set being put in the wheely bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA’d at myself for being needlessly worried about work earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Accidentally biting my tongue a while ago

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

branie2 wrote: »
    Accidentally biting my tongue a while ago

I just burned mine with tea

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

mikemac2 wrote: »

Any good seamstress will replace a zip for you

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

iamwhoiam wrote: »

a new zip would be nearly the price of the jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

iamwhoiam wrote: »

I hear carla4garda is quite good with zippers, maybe give her a shout

*Disclaimer* Do not give her a shout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,260 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

All these articles about Leo losing weight!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

a new zip would be nearly the price of the jeans.

A new zip is less than a fiver, the work involved I'm not sure, TBH, but it'd be less wasteful than throwing out a new pair of jeans for the sake of a broken zip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Surely there's an argument for the use of baling twine here?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Three numbers - 5 0 1

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Three numbers - 5 0 1

2 words
    Nick Kamen:D

Good grief! :D Or should I say good briefs? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Teepinaw

Trivially annoyed about 'bout belief in angels, auras.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

Lidl often have a set of wheel trims for around 15 euro. I have them on my old Corolla, and they look fine. Use a few hefty cable ties on the replacement wheel trims, this will help deter the scum.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I couldn't give a flying mouldy f*ck about Harry and Megan or William and Kate. I am so sick of the constant speculative headlines about them. I do not give a smelly, speckled sh1te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Neighbors having a party

Didn’t invite me :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement